Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Berserk     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Theatrical? hmmm

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The February issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Newtype magazine is announcing on Saturday that the previously revealed Berserk project will begin with a theatrical film that will open in 2011. According to Newtype, the 2011 film will be the first part of a project that will adapt the entire story from Kentarou Miura's manga.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Maybe open with a movie, then continue into a series. Either way, more Berserk!

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

http://i53.tinypic.com/14ij2xe.jpg
    A picture is fine too.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Gryffes View Post
    The February issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Newtype magazine is announcing on Saturday that the previously revealed Berserk project will begin with a theatrical film that will open in 2011. According to Newtype, the 2011 film will be the first part of a project that will adapt the entire story from Kentarou Miura's manga.
    I REALLY hope that is true. that would be beyond awesome.

Animated Guts vs Zodd? Zodd vs Skull Knight? Serpico?! HORSE RAPE?

Yeah, this will be awesome.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Hopefully it'll be something like movie start the story -> anime continue rest and not movie by movie, or it would be like a year long cliffhanger wait having you foaming at the mouth waiting to see the rest... waiting... waiting... (like I am currently for another chapter of berserk atm!)

Miura from what I read in interviews was pretty anal about the kinds of scripts that were adapted to the anime (which i enjoyed) so i'm not too worried about the actual project being shit, i'm just worried about manga updates being further delayed because of whatever involvement he has in making the new anime. Though having been a follower of the manga for almost ten years now i'll take anything berserk i can get my hands on. I'm stoked for this.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    Hopefully it'll be something like movie start the story -> anime continue rest and not movie by movie, or it would be like a year long cliffhanger wait having you foaming at the mouth waiting to see the rest... waiting... waiting... (like I am currently for another chapter of berserk atm!)
    Like Hellsing. :/ The wait between 7 and 8 is such shit. It's been over a year and ahalf, if not 2 years. I think?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    Like Hellsing. :/ The wait between 7 and 8 is such shit. It's been over a year and a half, if not 2 years. I think?
    To be fair the studio working on Hellsing declared bankruptcy so a new studio took over animating it, which is probably the main reason for the delay. Before that they were coming out fairly regularly. Hopefully the same thing doesn't happen with Berserk.

Quote Originally Posted by Karasu View Post
    http://i53.tinypic.com/14ij2xe.jpg
    A picture is fine too.
    So good!! I need to stand up and dance. I got electricity in my legs and genitalia!

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

I have only seen the original anime, and I hardly remember it. What is the best online source to read the entire manga? Ty

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

so purely speculation on my part but i am thinking
    Spoiler: show
    movie that serves as a condensed recap up until Guts leaves and griffith is arrested, with a series starting with the rescue mission/eclipse. seems like a decent point to end a film with them having just won, and then you have the guts leaving/griffith captured cliffhanger of sorts to draw people into the series. I don't see the entirety of the first series being recapped in one movie, and idk if the Eclipse would work as the end of the movie, but I'm probably way off. I definitely think that movie leading into series would be better than a string of movies though.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    I have only seen the original anime, and I hardly remember it. What is the best online source to read the entire manga? Ty
    http://www.thespectrum.net/manga_scans/berserk/

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    so purely speculation on my part but i am thinking
    movie that serves as a condensed recap up until Guts leaves and griffith is arrested, with a series starting with the rescue mission/eclipse. seems like a decent point to end a film with them having just won, and then you have the guts leaving/griffith captured cliffhanger of sorts to draw people into the series. I don't see the entirety of the first series being recapped in one movie, and idk if the Eclipse would work as the end of the movie, but I'm probably way off. I definitely think that movie leading into series would be better than a string of movies though.
    I'm thinking that if they follow the manga accurately they'll probably only get to just past Guts killing the count, and maybe a little bit into the Golden Age arc. Having the first movie end with the flashback of Guts being 'born' would work pretty well IMO. It would even introduce the God Hand, the Behelit, and it would have plenty of action to please the crowd. And if you think about it that is still like 3 volumes worth of material. The Hellsing OAVs have only covered about 1 volume a piece while not cutting out too much.

I'm kinda on the fence on whether a series or a string of movies would be better. While the series would be out faster, I think way too much would have to be cut/changed to be allowed on TV. I would love if they did it Hellsing Ultimate style but I fear the budget would run out or it would get canceled with how much material they have to cover.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Karasu View Post
    I would love if they did it Hellsing Ultimate style but I fear the budget would run out or it would get canceled with how much material they have to cover.
    ugh, no thanks. while the hellsing OVA's are awesome (though I stopped on 4 to wait for it to finish), I'd rather this be completely out before I'm in my 40s. seriously.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

If it were a string of movies that are trying to faithfully follow the manga, then we're not going to see the end of it in our lifetime.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by chiyio View Post
    ugh, no thanks. while the hellsing OVA's are awesome (though I stopped on 4 to wait for it to finish), I'd rather this be completely out before I'm in my 40s. seriously.
    At the rate Miura puts out chapters its probably going to be at least another decade until the Berserk manga is finished(not counting any anime they make for it). You may as well just get used to waiting now...

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Friend got me into this and well.. how did I never get into this before, I guess the first bit of it turned me off but once I got past it, it is fucking awesome.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    thanks for mentioning that, I never knew there was even an anime for this haha, found the whole series on torrent to watch over the weekend O_o

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast