Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Watched the original anime series recently because I never watched it. Patiently waiting for this one.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Qalbert has made my evening with that

so its a 3 part movie and the first comes out next year?

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post

OHGODOHGODOHGOD
    looks like escaflowne movie... D;

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

To be honest, hard to get excited for a movie that's remaking an anime that animated a 20 year old arc, an arc which everyone has reread about 50 times. Bump for the later arcs and/or whenever Miura decides to make the story relevant again.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I just got into the series so it'll be exciting for me. ;>.>

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post

OHGODOHGODOHGOD
    CHILLS! Oh goodness, this NEEDS to land here in NYC somewhere. The AMC in Times Sq. does a pretty good job of landing stuff like this.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Hirokei Kiaza View Post
    To be honest, hard to get excited for a movie that's remaking an anime that animated a 20 year old arc, an arc which everyone has reread about 50 times. Bump for the later arcs and/or whenever Miura decides to make the story relevant again.
    Except for the part where it'll follow the actual story line and not dick around and skip key characters (Puck, Skull Knigt). You should be excited for this movie no matter what. Shit is going to rock.

BG's Official Canucks Fan
    BG Level

Movie looks cool but like others have said it's the same storyline everyone already knows well. I figure I'll be 50 years old before they decide to make an anime based on the manga after the Golden Age arc.

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Im very excite

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Leb View Post
    Except for the part where it'll follow the actual story line and not dick around and skip key characters (Puck, Skull Knigt). You should be excited for this movie no matter what. Shit is going to rock.
    Huh? The anime was an exceptionally faithful adaptation of the arc self-contained in 25 episodes. Where exactly did they "dick around" with the story besides changing a few bits here and there due to Berserk's extremely dark nature? Puck and Skull Knight were completely irrelevant for damn near 97% of the Golden Age arc.

I'm obviously gonna watch and love the movie, that's a given. But lets not kid ourselves here, we're literally watching nothing new. An animated Retribution arc or Millennium Falcon arc would be something to bust nuts to.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

How the hell is Skull Knight irrelevant? He's the one who even saves them from the Festival and fights Zodd outside, oh and he fights Void for a split second. Skull Knight showed up to the kid, whose name escapes me, and saves him when the apostles kill all of the band of the hawk that wasn't with Guts, Caska, Pippin, Judeau, and Charlotte.

Spoiler: show

I mean, come on, Skull Knight was a huge character during all this. He may not have had the most pages but denying his impact during that arc is plain stupid.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Leb View Post
    How the hell is Skull Knight irrelevant? He's the one who even saves them from the Festival and fights Zodd outside, oh and he fights Void for a split second. Skull Knight showed up to the kid, whose name escapes me, and saves him when the apostles kill all of the band of the hawk that wasn't with Guts, Caska, Pippin, Judeau, and Charlotte.

Spoiler: show

I mean, come on, Skull Knight was a huge character during all this. He may not have had the most pages but denying his impact during that arc is plain stupid.
    Of course he was a big freaking deal during the Festival. The handful of pages out of a few volumes he was in it. To say he was an important key character throughout the whole arc in support that the anime dicked him out is idiotic though.

They could start a season two of Berserk tomorrow leaving off from the anime, introducing Skull Knight in the very first episode as the one who saved them and absolutely no character development would have been lost.

Point is, move the fuck on from the Golden Age arc.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

my assumption is still that it will be Golden Age movies then if they do well anime series following

BG Level

Hope so, seeing Emperor Ganishka animated all the way up until the formation of Falconia would be fucking epic.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

friend of mine says he thinks there's a pretty decent chance Fathom Events will pick it up for some showings here in the US

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I was on the berserkfilm.com site just now and saw this (mind you now it's Google translate):

This work, as the first of the «Berserk Saga Project» visualized ambitious plan to visualize a long story full of more than 20 years the original series, most popular and among fans, the most dramatic expansion show a "golden age" into a movie in the trilogy configuration.
    If this is what it appears to be, looks like there will be movie trilogy covering the Golden Age arc. After that, I guess comes the TV series? I dusted off my Berserk box set and we watched the entire series and it's still good after all these years. Despite the fact they left out some stuff (Skull Knight, ect.).

Unique and/or Creative Phrase
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

So I read a little bit of the first chapter and it had some key differences compared to the original anime... Why did they take out the fairy? They completely replaced it with some human girl in the anime. Exactly how faithful is the anime to the manga?

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cayos View Post
    So I read a little bit of the first chapter and it had some key differences compared to the original anime... Why did they take out the fairy? They completely replaced it with some human girl in the anime. Exactly how faithful is the anime to the manga?
    "Though the manga storyline remains largely intact, many changes were made with the modification or elimination of characters, some of the series' most violent and brutal scenes, and material that would have extended the storyline beyond the planned run of the anime series. Themes of friendship and ambition are more developed and emphasized than those of causality and the supernatural, all of which were made with the approval of series creator Kentarō Miura."

The "comic relief" stuff Puck and some other characters try to bring doesn't really work for me. So, while their absence wasn't missed by my in the first anime iteration, part of me hopes such antics aren't exactly a focus in future stuff, either. Hell, it's very rare I actually watch any kind of anime purely for comedy, and when it comes to Berserk, I seek a dark, violent world with the characters doing what they can to survive it. I look to Claymore similarly, but can't say it's nearly as dark or violent.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast