+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Berserk     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hirokei Kiaza View Post
    Is the manga still about mermaids right now?
    Yup. Took Guts 6 months to walk forward 10 feet and swing his sword once.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Trailer for the second movie is out.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Do want.

And that music in the 2nd half was awesome.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Karasu View Post
    Trailer for the second movie is out.
    Oh yes! Anyone found any word on when the first movie is coming stateside?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

^

the wait is absolutely killing me D:

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

best bump of the weeeeeeeeeeeeeeek.

THANK. YOUUUU. i got my monthly dose of berserk crack running through my blood and veins

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shuichi View Post
    Oh yes! Anyone found any word on when the first movie is coming stateside?
    The first movie is getting released to BD/DVD at the end of May. So expect fan subs for it around then, but so far no information about any theater showings before then.

As much as I love Berserk some of those sequences looked awkward with the computer animation.

So are all three movies based on the Golden Age arc?
    I remember one of the very first trailers had Griffith wearing the armor he only has much later on (kept it spoiler free).

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Tomino View Post
    So are all three movies based on the Golden Age arc?
    I remember one of the very first trailers had Griffith wearing the armor he only has much later on (kept it spoiler free).
    As far as I've read the movie trilogy will cover the Golden Age arc and after the movie trilogy they will begin with the post-eclipse stuff. I remember watching the original tv series (had no previous Berserk knowledge at the time) and the events of the eclipse was just so powerful and also overwhelming. It was amazing. I hope the movie can capture that feeling.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...k-film-trilogy
    Viz Media announced at its panel at Sakura-Con on Saturday that it has licensed the Berserk: The Golden Age Arc film trilogy. Viz Media plans to release the first film, Berserk: The Golden Age Arc - The Egg of the King (Berserk Ōgon Jidai-Hen I: Haō no Tamago), this fall. The film trilogy is Studio 4°C's theatrical adaptation of Kentaro Miura's Berserk manga.

The trilogy stars Hiroaki Iwanaga (Tomica Hero Rescue Force, Moyashimon, Kamen Rider OOO) as Guts, Takahiro Sakurai (Toriko, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, AnoHana) as Griffith, and Toa Yukinari (Grey's Anatomy dubbing, Naruto Shippūden) as Casca. Toshiyuki Kubooka (Batman: Gotham Knight episode 5) is directing the films and Ichiro Okouchi (Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion) is handling the screenplay.

Berserk Ōgon Jidai-Hen I: Haō no Tamago opened in Japan on February 4. The film will be released on Blu-ray and DVD in Japan on May 23.

The second film in the series, Berserk Ōgon Jidai-Hen II: Doldrey Kōryaku (Berserk Golden Age Arc II: The Battle for Doldrey), is slated to be released in theaters in Japan on June 23. That film is scheduled to run for about 100 minutes and will focus on the epic battle by the Kingdom of Midland to retake Doldrey Castle from the Chuder Empire. Berserk Ōgon Jidai-Hen III: Kōrin (Berserk Golden Age Arc III: Descent) will open later in 2012 and run for about 110 minutes. In this film, the story "delves nonstop into the abyss of dark fantasy."

Kentarou Miura's Berserk fantasy manga began in 1989 and is still ongoing. Dark Horse Comics released the manga's 35th volume last September. The manga was adapted into a television anime series in 1997, and Media Blasters originally released the series in North America in 2002.

Viz Media also revealed that it will simulcast the Rock Lee & His Ninja Pals (Naruto SD: Rock Lee no Seishun Full-Power Ninden) spinoff television anime series. Crunchyroll previously announced that it is streaming the series worldwide outside of Japan starting on April 3. Viz Media will also release a manga box set for Ouran High School Host Club in October with a memo pad with character art.

Update: Viz Media confirmed at the panel that it will release Inuyasha: The Final Act on DVD and Blu-ray Disc in Fall 2012.

Celeste

Mmm, me likey this news.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Well, the whole thing is up on Youtube now, no subtitles yet though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLPy8bBFgR4

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

zomg... O_o and in good quality!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

how could anyone hate this animation? i want subs!!! go work on them gulk! :D

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by richardd View Post
    how could anyone hate this animation? i want subs!!! go work on them gulk! :D
    I'm not a translator ! I have a hard enough time understanding 70% of what their saying as is t('-'t)

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

As much as I *loved* this new one. The animation at times was a bit wonky. Too stiff on certain scenes. I'm hoping as they go on they will improve. I got chills a number of times, even in the credits when they showed Puck, Schierke, Isidro, etc.

The only other thing I'm not huge on is what was cut out. It's been a long ass time since I've read the manga or watch the anime (particularly read the manga) but without flushing out Guts' back story more, they risk losing a bit of who he is. From what I remember (gain, could be wrong) but they seemed to cut out a couple of the unimportant battles. I realize they're condensing these as we've already seen it, but it would be nice as it shows the building of Guts' camaraderie over time.

Still loved every minute of it.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Subs out by commie on nyaatorrents (not sure of the policy here so didnt link).. not sure of the quality, but released 1080p and 720p.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast