+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Berserk     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    As much as I *loved* this new one. The animation at times was a bit wonky. Too stiff on certain scenes. I'm hoping as they go on they will improve. I got chills a number of times, even in the credits when they showed Puck, Schierke, Isidro, etc.

The only other thing I'm not huge on is what was cut out. It's been a long ass time since I've read the manga or watch the anime (particularly read the manga) but without flushing out Guts' back story more, they risk losing a bit of who he is. From what I remember (gain, could be wrong) but they seemed to cut out a couple of the unimportant battles. I realize they're condensing these as we've already seen it, but it would be nice as it shows the building of Guts' camaraderie over time.

Still loved every minute of it.
    This pretty much. I was kind of disappointed at some of the things cut out, simply because they help define who Guts and Griffith are. At the very least this should have been two hours. It felt too rushed. Perhaps though they are simply rushing to get to the "new" stuff. Bring on The Skull Knight!

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by vitali View Post
    Subs out by commie on nyaatorrents (not sure of the policy here so didnt link).. not sure of the quality, but released 1080p and 720p.
    There is also a proper full encode rip on Nyaa. It has 5.1 surround and all. The one by commie is only 2.0 audio afaik, hence the much smaller file size. There is a set of subs on TPB (I will post link as it's not a movie or anything, just text) @ http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/73272..._ENGLISH_SUBTI

What I did was take the full quality 5.1 release, d/l the subs, then just load the subs in MPC. Works like a charm. There are a few errors in it, but it will do for now. I corrected some of them myself. Just need to right click it and edit it with Notepad++ or something similar.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Holy shit I forgot about this. Thanks for the post, dling it now.

The start of a new arc already? <.< Is he getting writers block or something? At least we won't have to wait too long for the next issue

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Did you want more mermaids?

If it meant story progression then yes? This just means that more mermaids is delayed, and at the rate of Berserk, it'll probably be a 3-4 year break

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I think it's a well established fact Miura is going to die long before any progression to anything meaningful happens.

Hey, I'll not have some punk like you killing my hopes and dreams

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Just watched Part 1 of the movie trilogy. It was pretty well done (considering how much story had to be crammed into a short time) and hit the major points to illustrate the dynamic between Guts, Griffith, Casca, and the Band of the Hawk. I think most of the major plot points that needed to be in there were there including Griffith's monologue at the fountain and the encounter with Zodd. Ready for part 2 now.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Kotaku posted a review of the 2nd movie just recently.

http://kotaku.com/5922239/the-second...than-the-first

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Gonna drop this in here. Trailer for part 3 was released Aug. 28.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I didn't even know the first one is out. lol

Spoiler: show

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I love how they're randomly there for no reason. I also dislike the other changes made to the story. I know they're assuming most people have seen the original or read the manga, but it's impossible to care about the characters the way they're doing it. Hellsing OVA's did it right. (aside from almost taking 8 years to put out, lol)

Eh, I can't quite fault them for skimming on some of the secondary characters due to trying to cram what the first anime iteration took far more episodes to do in what's roughly 3 hours now between the two films, and the old anime is still ahead in content. I suspect it'll normalize a bit more after Griffith ascends since the other characters become more important in their own ways.

Personally, I felt the ball scene dragged on way too long. Almost felt like some college kid's demo reel masturbation track. Think they also changed how Griffith got caught fucking the princess, but I can kinda understand catching him jumping out the window to be a bit more appealing than some maid finding a bloody bed sheet.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The thing about it is how are you supposed to understand/sympathize for the characters after the Eclipse when you know nothing about them? I'm not saying they should have dragged it out that much longer, but I'd say 4 films instead of 3 for a little more character development.

I haven't watched the whole thing yet, but in the original/manga I think a maid heard the princess making noise and looked through the keyhole and saw her getting railed by Griffith. Not sure if it's the same in this. What was also really irritating was how when Guts was fighting ah... I can't recall his name at the moment. Boscogn? That Zodd didn't throw Guts his sword. He wasn't even there. Guts just used some tactics to get around. They're taking too many liberties with important parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    What was also really irritating was how when Guts was fighting ah... I can't recall his name at the moment. Boscogn? That Zodd didn't throw Guts his sword. He wasn't even there. Guts just used some tactics to get around. They're taking too many liberties with important parts.
    I will confess this part really got on my nerves. There are parts I absolutely love, like the cameo; The century slaying was beautifully done, even if I'm not a fan of CG animation. I am hoping because of where this one ended, and if the next film is about the same length(or longer), we will get a fully faithful adaption of the events leading up to the eclipse.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by silverdragontyr View Post
    I will confess this part really got on my nerves. There are parts I absolutely love, like the cameo; The century slaying was beautifully done, even if I'm not a fan of CG animation. I am hoping because of where this one ended, and if the next film is about the same length(or longer), we will get a fully faithful adaption of the events leading up to the eclipse.
    Gonna third this, that scene was one of my favorite and one of the most memorable in the entire anime. The significance of Zodd helping Guts was huge to me, disappointing that he didn't show up.

Otherwise I enjoyed it, animation felt a bit smoother than the first one. Hope the delaying of the 3rd one till next year means its going to be a respectable finish. Bring on the nightmare fuel!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast