+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Berserk     submit to reddit submit to twitter

BG's Official Canucks Fan
    BG Level

Oh man if they do this right it could be sooooooo epic. There were so many great scenes that could be truly epic when animated.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    I don't understand why people are happy with this. If you liked the manga, you will probably hate the anime for butchering the story, or having shitty animation. If you liked the first series and never bothered with the manga...well, you should just go read the manga now.

I don't see anything good coming out of this, except maybe more english outake.
    I've read the manga up till about where it was at 4-5 years ago. (waiting patiently for the author to die, or it to finish to read more) I also really enjoyed the anime. It was very different, but it didn't butcher the manga at all. His voice was spot on, and the music was perfect. I have the original japanese DVDs, so I can't speak for any engrish. The manga is pretty much ALWAYS better than the anime, but a lot of anime are still very well done, and this was definitely one of them. I'm looking forward to a another go at it that will follow the manga closer.

actually, after watching the anime for the first time in I think 00-01, I reread the manga up to where it was at that point while listening to the soundtrack of the anime, and it was better than ever.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

The first anime was easier to make as a standalone story. If they want to cover the rest of the story, they will have to cut something somewhere, or we will end with another 250 episodes animes with shitty animation. Of course, it's not impossible they do it properly (a good 24 season animes that cover another arc), I just don't think it's likely.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm hoping they just continue where the last anime left off, and insert the manga chars like they were there the whole time, heh. That way we can move on to the real story as in the manga. One thing we can agree on though, is no 250 episode power up bullshit anime. I'm thinking 24 at best, 52 at the absolute max if we don't want total shit. The one thing the manga really has going for it is the continual growth of the characters, hopefully they focus on that. We don't need 1-2 episode long fight scenes.

also, you totally edited out calling it a butchering, hehe, but I don't mind. This whole new anime is so unexpected I want to make my friend bust out his dreamcast and the old berzerk game so I can play. I never did finish it =/

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Psyched beyond psyched. I barely touch anime anymore, but for this, it's an exception.

I remember when the first two episodes of Berserk came out fansubbed, I was like... I'm gonna say 15 at the time? Was at the University anime club, watching it on a huge ass projector screen, everyone loved it.

DC Berserk game = Fucking awesome.

PS2 Berserk game = Actually better, I skipped class the day it came out to be at the store when it opened to pick up a collector's edition.

Totally came out of no where, was not expecting this.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

im 23 years old. ive never onced shed a tear over something i ever saw on TV. ever. except for this series. when you watch it with an open mind, it doesnt matter how much they cut out from the manga, that you're not even going to touch until you get passed the last episode. they will never make them like this anymore. naruto/bleach can kiss my ass. comparing this to any other anime is like comparing a ferrari to a geo metro. they're not nearly in the same league

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by richardd View Post
    im 23 years old. ive never onced shed a tear over something i ever saw on TV. ever. except for this series. when you watch it with an open mind, it doesnt matter how much they cut out from the manga, that you're not even going to touch until you get passed the last episode. they will never make them like this anymore. naruto/bleach can kiss my ass. comparing this to any other anime is like comparing a ferrari to a geo metro. they're not nearly in the same league
    I know what you mean. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCyPa...eature=related

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by richardd View Post
    just out of curiosity. who watches berserk in english?
    Nobody.
    You buy the US DVDs and watch the anime in japanese w/ subs, but the reason to GET the US DVDs is for the hilarious english VA outtake reels.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

^that's a bingo

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shiroikage View Post
    As far as I know a good chunk of the breaks last year and this year were because Miura had been alternately sick and addicted to idolmaster.
    sankau-whatever complex is a tabloid at best.

FUCK YEAH!
    I had read all the way up to the most recent chapter and it's so hard not to get enough D:!

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Lets wait and see which formant it'll be TV Series or OVA. if the rumors are correct on 4C or Deen it's distant to fail. I really hope one of these top animation companies (Madhouse, Production IG, Bones or Manglobe) will handle this.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

"https://twitter.com/LawofGreen/status/25774166931 Seems like 'Berserk' is Studio 4°C and full CG anime (Kitakubo's twitter)."
    -_-

Banned.

BG Level

OVA makes much more sense. And I don't believe that twitter account is reputable. Full CG would be really odd, it goes without saying.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Freaking fantastic. I've pretty much stopped watching anime but god damn I will do whatever it takes to follow a new Berserk series. Easily one of my favorite animes, favorite comics and favorite characters of like all damn time.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Trailer
    http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm12264010

Don't have a nico account but it's from the above picture

Pretty excited about the commercials now lol

Do you need an account for the english version of the site? I was able to watch it on that, but I might have an account...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

That looks like the scene
    Spoiler: show
    after the conviction arc after Griffith is reborn
    . Possible confirmation that it's a direct continuation of the original anime?