Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Berserk     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Banned.

BG Level

Berserk

Official Site: http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/

(JP) Twitter: http://twitter.com/berserk_project

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ject-launching

The wraparound jacket band on the 35th volume of Kentarou Miura's Berserk fantasy manga is announcing this month that a new anime project is launching. More information will be provided in Hakusensha's Young Animal magazine and the affiliated Young Animal Web site.

The manga has been running in Young Animal since 1989. Oriental Light and Magic and VAP already adapted the story into a 25-episode television anime series from 1997 to 1998, and Media Blasters released this earlier anime in North America. Dark Horse Comics and Digital Manga Publishing are publishing the 34th manga volume this month. Dark Horse Comics describes the manga as the following:

His name is Guts, the Black Swordsman, a feared warrior spoken of only in whispers. Bearer of a gigantic sword, an iron hand, and the scars of countless battles and tortures, his flesh is also indelibly marked with The Brand, an unholy symbol that draws the forces of darkness to him and dooms him as their sacrifice. But Guts won't take his fate lying down; he'll cut a crimson swath of carnage through the ranks of the damned — and anyone else foolish enough to oppose him! Accompanied by Puck the Elf, more an annoyance than a companion, Guts relentlessly follows a dark, bloodstained path that leads only to death … or vengeance.
    Update: A television commercial narrated by singer, actor, and well-known Berserk fan Gackt will promote the release of the 35th manga volume. Four versions of the commercial will run from Wednesday, September 29 to October 3. The official website will re-open after a revamp on Tuesday at about 9:30 a.m. with the television commercial and a separate, web-only commercial. In addition, an official Twitter account, "Berserk_project," has launched. Source: Comic Natalie

FFFFFFUCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MOTHERFUCKER

EDIT: Don't spoil the manga freely. The series hasn't even started yet.

Banned.

BG Level

FUCK YEAH

YES

Why not.

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    BG Level

Spoiler: show
    so if he is branded does that mean it continues from where the first anime ended

Banned.

BG Level

No information on that. Depending on how you look at it, it can go either way.

Note: The anime wasn't a perfect adaption of the manga. For one: there was no Puk(who is clearly in this now). He was never introduced. Also there was no Skull Knight, who is downright essential for the story. So yeah...

EDIT: MAN, WHAT IF THIS LEADS TO MORE BERSERK GAMES? Berserk for the DC is one of the first hack and slash games to ever get it right. That's quite a legacy.

OMFG yes!!! This was my favorite anime for years!

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

FUCK

YES.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS

Banned.

BG Level

Hmmmmm

Maybe this explains some of the breaks?

EDIT: The official site is getting a revamp in a few hours apparently. It will have some of the commercials. Don't get too excited though. We don't know if there will be any animation.

EDIT: Wait I am confused. I think the site already had its revamp. (It seems new to me.) However the "Commercial films" are dated. The nearest one comes out sept 30. They will all(5) be out by October 4th.

EDIT: And because why the hell not: Kamiya, director of Bayonetta, DMC1, RE2, etc on twitter

PG_kamiya
    I like the comics of that. RT @anotherriposte: @PG_kamiya Are you a fan of "Berserk"? New anime adaptation coming. @berserk_project

A calm and collected dude.

EDIT: OKAY. I think I was more confused than I originally though. The commercials might just be for Berserk volume 35. I am seriously tired so I am probably reading this all incorrectly and stuff.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

oh man if Kamiya made a ps3 berserk game I would have so many orgasms

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

oh my fucking GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD, only you, BRP can make me this giddy. With this AND dexter to look forward to, my life is fucking heaven on earth nigz

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Best news ever.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

dude seriously. i wish this news came out like 4 years ago when my dog died, it wouldve cheered me right back up

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

They are rumors it's Studio 4C or Studio Deens. if that happens kiss this adaptation goodbye they are franchise killers.

Canadian Fury
    MANITOBA IS NOT A REAL PLACE

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by BRP View Post
    Hmmmmm

Maybe this explains some of the breaks?
    As far as I know a good chunk of the breaks last year and this year were because Miura had been alternately sick and addicted to idolmaster.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm going to be SOOOO annoyed if it's not coming out till like 2012, and if it comes out like the hellsing OVA's I'm going to rage.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

HOLY
    FUCKING
    SHIT

YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I don't understand why people are happy with this. If you liked the manga, you will probably hate the anime for butchering the story, or having shitty animation. If you liked the first series and never bothered with the manga...well, you should just go read the manga now.

I don't see anything good coming out of this, except maybe more english outake.

assburgers
    BG Level

I am skeptical that it will be done well, having re-read the series not too long ago...

I mean, imagine if Pulp Fiction was just the hillbilly assrape scene, rendered in new, more graphic ways.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    I don't understand why people are happy with this. If you liked the manga, you will probably hate the anime for butchering the story, or having shitty animation. If you liked the first series and never bothered with the manga...well, you should just go read the manga now.

I don't see anything good coming out of this, except maybe more english outake.
    just out of curiosity. who watches berserk in english? i know some peeps in spam did, but we were into berserk back in the 6th grade before pokemon cards got popular and anime was called japanmation and only found in old japanese tea thrift stores, lol. unllike now, i see it almost everywhere i go. even at the supermarket. but back than, i was still able to get my copy in the original format with subs. thanks to the series, it made me read the manga. it left you in such a giant mindfuck, that it was almost a slap in the face to the audience and only left you with 1 option left to do lol.

even if its fully revamped, its still a series im going to support 150%. i agree the anime wasnt 1/3 of what the manga TRULY was. there was more covering on pretty much everything, and it gives you a reason on why the "true fans" love Zodd so much even though you only see like 3 clips of him in the animation. but hell. bring back good quality JP voice actors and solid animation with the same old medieval music feel that even the PS2 game had, and its something ill be eagerly awaiting every week. EASILY! ;D

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast