1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 44 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 14 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 19 hours, 44 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dyes     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Oh right. I heard that HQ materials make it hard to complete the synth due to them starting at a higher quality, so that put me off them.
    I'm pretty sure that's how it was in beta, or at least that's what always happened to me. I'd make yarn out of regular moko grass with no trouble at all, then do it using +3 grass and not get past 10%. In retail though, it definitely seems to be as Lucavi is saying. The difficulty seems identical, you just start with more dura and quality

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Pssshh, the difficulty definately goes up if you start with >100 durability. I noticed that the breakages goes down/away after I hit <100 drability. The only time I did not notice more breaks at >100 dura was when I was like 9 lvls over the craft lvl.
    It does grant an extra bit of security and I see it as a usefull tool when you are abover the item's craft lvl.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by MitsurugiMyc View Post
    Pssshh, the difficulty definately goes up if you start with >100 durability. I noticed that the breakages goes down/away after I hit <100 drability. The only time I did not notice more breaks at >100 dura was when I was like 9 lvls over the craft lvl.
    It does grant an extra bit of security and I see it as a usefull tool when you are abover the item's craft lvl.
    Even if it scales up a bit, it doesn't seem anywhere remotely close to the difficulty spike there was in beta for using HQ components.

I've also noticed that in retail quality seems more difficult to get during a synth, and that starting with HQ ingredients is more important to getting a lot of quality. I used to be able to easily get up over 150-200 on basic crafts, bolds just don't seem to give the same quality spikes they used to.