1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 13 hours, 31 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 10 hours, 28 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 hours, 31 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 3 hours, 28 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Dammit Steve of the House of Weave
    BG Level

Got me. But in my defense they could have just said SEARCH FUNCTION instead of speaking in tongues. It gets the point across a lot easier and is very easy to understand rather than "options that will provide players with precise information".

Also would like to see a way to set your HP at one spot and not have it change every time you touch a crystal. That way you could maximize your potential with anima. Just have it when you get KO'd during a leve you return to the closest crystal.

Edit: Oh sweet. You get ko'd now in a leve and you loose aspect.

Yep. If they don't come out and say search function, it could be something different entirely. Perhaps a system of divination where one pokes oracle bones with a hot poker and deciphers the crack markings to give us a very vague description of where to go for the item in question.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

market wards are going to be just as worthless. I don't want to have to search 100s of bazaars to find shit. couple that w/the server lag, it will take hours. and I don't want to buy a piece of armor for 10k thinking i got a good deal, then finding one for 9k 30 minutes later from a diff bazaar. And before ppl start talking shit saying look through all bazaars before buying something. Since XIV only allows you to see like 40 players or something at once, going back to find those bazaars for certain items is gonna make you want to kill yourself

Quote Originally Posted by qpoiuwer View Post
    The anima regen rate is fine. It's enough to let you run from grid->ul'dah->LL and warp back to grid every day for leves, plus a free warp to whatever on the third day where there is no leves. If you're doing leves in a group of 3, you can eliminate the run completely and just have 1 person warp to each city. A group of 6 will let you eliminate the run to cities and the run to camps. This leaves you with 90 "oh-shit" anima to warp wherever you need in emergencies, which will eventually come as you go on vacations and such.
    lolwut? Oh Im sorry, I didn't realize ppl don't have daily 9-5 jobs so they have time to run around the world endlessly doing leves and shit w/o using anima. Even casuals will run out of anima in a few days at the current rate

BG Level

Like someone else said, range on buying stuff from a bazaar is retarded and you can't even move while looking at a bazaar. How many times I've went to buy an item in the wards only to get the message "You are too far away", then I have to exit, run closer, and try and buy again. THe worst is when someone is running by, you see an item you want and try to buy it, but they're too far away and it's impossible to catch up. Not to mention you've forgot the person's name, if you've ever even seen it. So much work to be done.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Oh yeah, what about the fuckin chat log resetting every time a new menu pops up? You ever try to craft while typing? You ever try to type while in combat? You ever try to type while having a menu open, period? Shit is retarded. Not only do we have a shorter text limit then even in XI (maybe wrong on this), but the text log resets for everything that unless I'm typing 6 words I feel like I'm trying to say the same thing over and over and over again before its finally fast enough to get through (and hey, sometimes while typing 2 words it gets reset because of the timing of me starting to type to when they menu secretly refreshes itself). But hey, at least I'm paying 13$ a month to improve my typing skills lol

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    Oh yeah, what about the fuckin chat log resetting every time a new menu pops up? You ever try to craft while typing? You ever try to type while in combat? You ever try to type while having a menu open, period? Shit is retarded. Not only do we have a shorter text limit then even in XI (maybe wrong on this), but the text log resets for everything that unless I'm typing 6 words I feel like I'm trying to say the same thing over and over and over again before its finally fast enough to get through (and hey, sometimes while typing 2 words it gets reset because of the timing of me starting to type to when they menu secretly refreshes itself). But hey, at least I'm paying 13$ a month to improve my typing skills lol
    Another issue since closed beta they never fixed. At least they fixed the jumping chat log... that thing drove me nuts... Now I'm just antisocial with most of my time playing.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Anima doesnt need to be touched, people need to stfu about their laziness.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

The best "fix" for that chat log issue is to open the chat log and press up, which will show the last text you typed, or a good chunk of it.

But hey, my 90 wpm accurately and 120 inaccurately came from AIM, being an english major, and FFXI, so I stand to gain a few more wpm just from playing XIV!

Edit: Yes, its lazy to spend an hour running from Grid to LL with no stops to do anything else. Its terribly lazy to not start at grid, get leves, run to emerald, run back PAST grid, run down to tranquil, run down to uld, run past dry bone to uld for more leves, run BACK to drybone, run BACK past uld, run to the 20-one (forget the name), run to the ferry, sit on the ferry for 15-30, run through LL to get more leves, run up to skull valley, run PAST LL, then run up to Bloodshore. We're looking at 2 hours minimum, and thats not stopping for crafting leves or gathering leves, just battlecratft.

I thought this game was supposed to be casual? Pick up your leves and go, right? You get 5 anima every day, so even if you played JUST when leves reset, you'd still eventually run out of anima assuming you only teleported to another city once every day. If you don't run to the cities, or work out some complex static-system where you feed off of each other's anima (requiring time constraints and management that is decidedly UN-CASUAL), you're eventually going to run out.

But General Revis, AKA. Celeras says that its fine the way it is, so its all okay. Phew, thanks for that, Celeras. I feel much better now about all of the footwork.

That's the FFXIV hardcore way to do it, man! Lets run from Bastok to Windurst, back to Bastok, then back to Windurst instead of chocoing or teleporting because its lazy if you don't!

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm giving this schebang bang a year.... one year is a long time, but the situation is starting out on a bad note. It's like starting a marathon with a piece of glass in your foot, sure you'll get out the gate, but after about 2-3 miles (or in this case the first 2-3 weeks) your bleeding and cursing and if you keep going your gonna fuck yourself over more than stoping and running the marathon next month.

In Closed Beta, I went to the market wards one time. I litterly logged out after seeing how it was setup, came back the next day and spent a solid dedicated 1-2 hours just browsing. I won't fuck with that stupid shit anymore.

Bad thing is, they were probably all sitting around in the Final Fantasy board room, having a big meeting and some douche was like "I know how we can combat RMT, We'll get rid of the AH!" and everyone was like "Yay!!!!"
    so the rest of the developers didn't have to worry about some chinese sweat shop kid fishing up 8 billion moat carp, so they have no "in-game" means to combat situations like that. /shrug

IMHO,
    -Anima should be 10-12 points a day (3 straight up teleports a day should be about right, if your hardcore and your bouncing back and forth, it should take some time to rebuild your anima stock)
    -A god damn search function, as has been said, but here's the thing it dosen't have to be in game! have it built into the lodestone and let us browse stuff like on FFxiah.c0m (you see the people selling your item, their different prices, you send that retainer a /tell or something in-game and they respond with a <pos> ...

back on topic, it's nice that they're aware of the HUGE FUCKING MISTAKES they've allowed, and I haven't seen a new MMO (other than Aion, which i stoped playing 2-3 days into it) so I don't know if these are normal growing pains, but if SE is trying to make money, and they haven't modeled their new game after blizzards (east vs. west, i know) then they are failing. Nobody want's to play a clone, but, comparing it to cellphones, I love my droidx and it's a god damn iphone knock off, cause apple got that shit right.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Anima needs to be touched, people need to stfu about how hardcore the act of walking from point A to point B is.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Garona

I agree about the map. I should be able to see my group mates on a map and they shouldn't be pea-sized blue dots; make those fuckers giant blinking cursors or something. Also, just add an AH already and be done with it. It will centralize the market ward, hell make multiple AH's if you want to keep the wards. You could have AH's for food, potions, equipment, mats etc etc. It will simply allow ease of access for players. I don't hear anybody complaining of the classes or skills or EXP gained etc etc but rather platform type things where the chat window is lame, the menu system is too laggy to be tolerable and anima....just gimme freaking endless anima or a cooldown like a hearth from WoW where it's on a 15 minute timer or something before I can port back or better yet, just give a class the option to teleport. That will force more interaction...blah, I'm babbling.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Oh right. I'm lazy because I'd like to get guild marks but that requires me to run from LL to Gri and then port back using my 6 anima for the day to break even on my anima accumulation, just to check the leves to see if they offer any guild marks.

I agree it wouldn't be an issue if they had chocobos. However, they specifically said that they won't just add chocobos in as a means of transportation because anima is the easiest way to get around. I dno't understand the logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Anima might not need to, but we need chocobos.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Nono its cool guys, Celeras said its fine. Its fine. Stfu, everyone. You're all wrong here. Celeras is right.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Fuckin anima regen is a joke. Lets break this down:

Return is 2 anima - all mmo's have a return feature (lets be generous and say they are all 1hr long CDs)
    So it would be plausible to think we would regen 2 anima every 1hrs to coincide w/being able to return once an hr.
    But no, we get 1anima every 4hrs.

And sorry, But i have a 9-5 job and I go to the gym after work. I am not casual, but I am not hardcore. I still will go home and play (most worknights nights) for 4hrs+. But I sure as hell don't like running around for an hr just to get from point A to point B. If there were choco's and airships it would be less daunting. But as of right now this game requires a larger time commitment then XI. I can either do A: run around doing leve's and getting shitty skill, but in return get gil / marks (that are 90% of the time for my lv 11 job because SE has to make even marks based on a RNG from all your jobs 10+), and RNG gear; or B: Grind and actually make progress towards the lv cap.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Holly Short View Post
    Yep. If they don't come out and say search function, it could be something different entirely. Perhaps a system of divination where one pokes oracle bones with a hot poker and deciphers the crack markings to give us a very vague description of where to go for the item in question.
    Scenario 1:

Oracle: Provide me with the item you want to search for
    Player: But I don't have the item, its why I want to search for it...

Scenario 2:

Oracle: I sense the item you seek is in one of the first ten wards, somewhere around the lower part.

One anima each 5 hours is way too low now at low levels and it will be even worse once the endgame shows up.

One anima/hour ratio seems fair, but it will probably take 3 or 4 years before we get to that point.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I said it before and I said it again: they can reduce the anima regen once there are other methods in place for travel. Drop the anima regen to 1 anima a fucking week once chocos and airships are in - I won't care then. I'll use it as a "I MUST BE THERE NOW" tool, instead of a "I really don't feel like running for an hour" tool.

But again, Celeras said its okay, and he must know better than everyone else - JP or otherwise - who has a problem with it currently.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Garona

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    Fuckin anima regen is a joke. Lets break this down:

Return is 2 anima - all mmo's have a return feature (lets be generous and say they are all 1hr long CDs)
    So it would be plausible to think we would regen 2 anima every 1hrs to coincide w/being able to return once an hr.
    But no, we get 1anima every 4hrs.

And sorry, But i have a 9-5 job and I go to the gym after work. I am not casual, but I am not hardcore. I still will go home and play (most worknights nights) for 4hrs+. But I sure as hell don't like running around for an hr just to get from point A to point B. If there were choco's and airships it would be less daunting. But as of right now this game requires a larger time commitment then XI. I can either do A: run around doing leve's and getting shitty skill, but in return get gil / marks (that are 90% of the time for my lv 11 job because SE has to make even marks based on a RNG from all your jobs 10+), and RNG gear; or B: Grind and actually make progress towards the lv cap.
    I agree with this in regards to anima. If you want teleporting to be the primary function, make the anima rate either rewarded with leves or something "neat". The idea that "having to run from point A to point B" is a good thing is completely false. I can understand having to do it the first time but allowing faster travel doesn't do anything but allow players to travel faster.....it's not laziness. The whole "too lazy to run newb" is simply retarded. Cutting down time for something like travel doesn't break the game nor does it make the game easier, it just doesn't.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I'm surpised noone mentioned class skill. The 3 issues I have with this game are, class skillups, in leves and grinding, as a conjuerer it's just horrible and random rate of skillups. 2) search in markets / lack of AH 3) crafting, but my issue with crafting would be solved with a decent AH or marketward search.