1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 19 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 40 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 hours, 19 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 6 hours, 40 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

You're expecting what, sympathy? Like I don't do the same shit? I check every town for leves every reset. My HP is in Uldah, I run to the boat to LL which is maybe 10 minutes tops and afk on the boat. I check the LL leves, teleport to Gridania, check those, then go about my business. Seeing as you gain NINE Anima every leve reset, you still have points for a Return available to you to still net an INCREASE in points in this time period. Personally, I have 66 Anima left, 3800 Guild marks.

You niggas are fucking lazy, plain and simple.

Dammit Steve of the House of Weave
    BG Level

Yea annoyed that they didn't mention class skill gain rates. Right now I just spam light thrust instead of using weaponskills because I kill mobs faster than they'll respawn so I need to make the most of their hp. I find it really hard they've been developing this for 5 years. They left so many things out.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    You're expecting what, sympathy? Like I don't do the same shit? I check every town for leves every reset. My HP is in Uldah, I run to the boat to LL which is maybe 10 minutes tops and afk on the boat. I check the LL leves, teleport to Gridania, check those, then go about my business. Seeing as you gain NINE Anima every leve reset, you still have points for a Return available to you to still net an INCREASE in points in this time period. Personally, I have 66 Anima left, 3800 Guild marks.

So I guess 90% of the XIV player base is lazy and are bitching about nothing.

You're an idiot. Plain and simple. Or just enjoy wasting time looking at pretty scenery.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Garona

Yea, we're all lazy. We're so lazy that we can't even run in a video game. /inb4 Americans are lazy players etc etc etc.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by CrstyCptSteveWitherspoon View Post
    So I guess 90% of the XIV player base is lazy and are bitching about nothing.
    Glad you see my point.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

You seem to have mastered the art of activating a leve without changing your home point, do share your knowledge

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Frostmane

If they do add a search feature to the Market Wards, it should more or less be as functional as an Auction House. My only gripe is the fact that I'm unable to find what I need most of the time without spending a significant amount of my time looking through every Retainer there. If not, what's most likely going to happen is there is someone is going to eventually set up a popular trade forum and people will just trade through that instead and ignore the market wards altogether. This has how it has worked with all the games I've played without an AH system, because trading through forums is more convenient with PM's than sifting through 250 retainers looking for what you need. I'm not entirely sure if SE accounted for this, since they seem to always overlook what the players are capable of, lol.

tl;dr: SE wants more player interaction so they set up the Market Wards. There will be more player interaction for sure--just not through the Market Wards.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

So because you do it and don't mind it, the rest of the world is somehow lazy. You don't mind a mindless (and needless) grind, so its okay, and the rest of the planet is wrong.

Get the fuck outta here. Seriously.

Edit: If you use that return, you're going right back to the last place you did your leves at. What's the point? And also, do you craft? Do you shop? Do you ever have to run to another town to meet someone or pick up crafting mats or quickly rush to a town's ward because a friend found a rare item for sale in a bazaar that you need but they don't have the money to afford buying it and holding it?

Do you have any situations which would warrant an immediate teleport? If you do, you are now losing out on anima for the reset period. I suppose if you're doing nothing but battlecraft leves and grinding, you probably don't need to teleport around quickly, but for crafters who wish to play the market, being able to swiftly hit other towns to capitalize on gear is a big part of the game, especially the early game when the economy is fragile and any newly-minted piece of equipment can affect all other sales.

Your "you people are all lazy" doesn't account for any situations other than log in for leves >> do leves >> log off. You're full of shit, as usual. Clean the sand from your vagina and get off of your preaching soap box. The shit needs adjusting - SE admitted it in OB, and they'll admit it here soon enough.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

People group in this game? I swear my entire FF11 LS that has migrated to 14 almost entirely solos everything because you can

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Reality View Post
    People group in this game? I swear my entire FF11 LS that has migrated to 14 almost entirely solos everything because you can
    Maybe if partying wasn't a competition to out-dick your party members, people would be more inclined to try it

Relic Shield
    BG Level

he is right and people need to stfu about anima, there is nothing wrong with it. Guild leve's rewards are so bad that its retarded to do them whenever their up in every city anyway. I'm more worried about having a chat tab in the log, or an inventory sort.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by mdkuser View Post
    he is right and people need to stfu about anima, there is nothing wrong with it. Guild leve's rewards are so bad that its retarded to do them whenever their up in every city anyway. I'm more worried about having a chat tab in the log, or an inventory sort.
    Standard leves may have terrible rewards, but faction leves give a shit ton of gil and can give some pretty nice rewards. Also, leves were designed (and pushed by SE) to be 90% of what this game is all about. If the core mechanic of your game is classified as "shit", you as a company have a problem.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Garona

Quote Originally Posted by Reality View Post
    I'm with you. I complained about this on another forum (or maybe it was this one). I'd love to group and grind leves. It seems more beneficial for EXP but for skill, it seems to be less beneficial for buffs and cures. Hopefully the party mechanics will change to provide skill for all classes at some sort of stable rate.

Banned.

BG Level

Can anyone give a legitimate reason why anima regeneration should be so shitty?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Priran View Post
    You seem to have mastered the art of activating a leve without changing your home point, do share your knowledge
    Pretty simple concept, get the leves you want to do.. THEN do them. If you need to return to accomplish this, do it first. When you do them, get your friends. Share the teleports between leves if you decide to jump from Tranquil to Bloodshore. It's amazing what being social in an MMO can accomplish.

And regarding parties, I think you guys are just playing a completely different fucking game now. I get twice the skill in good parties than I go while I'm solo, 2-4k per leve and upwards of 5k if there's a good chunk of people doing Behest.

NINE every reset when teleports cost 2/4/6 max is not a shitty rate.

BG Level

Ok, suggestion here for anima problem(maybe not a problem depending on who you ask lol)

Do what most MMO's do, just offer a mount and in this case a chocobo. Have a level requirement to buy it and make it cost 100k or 200k. Something not too high but not too low. Make it rank 20 to buy. You equip it for 0 action points to your bar and can summon anywhere outside of town or dungeons. Have it so that aggressive monsters will still attack you while riding it so you can't just plow through a high level zone. With this I can see anima not being a big deal at all. Hell when airships are added we'll be fine. At least this way you'll only waste 6 anima for porting every leve reset and have a way to get around 2x as fast. I'd go from LL to Gridania, pick up leves, choco to camp and do them, then choco to Uldah, grab leves and do them, then choco to the ferry and show up in LL. Grab leves, choco up and go to camp and complete.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Garona

'Cause it makes the game harder and harder is the only thing that matters! You lazy fuckers shouldn't be able to teleport around to places, you should have to walk 20 minutes EVERY TIME BECAUSE YOU ARE SO FUCKING LAZY! Blah blah blah blah /sarcasm.

BG Level

Pretty simple concept, get the leves you want to do.. THEN do them. If you need to return to accomplish this, do it first. When you do them, get your friends. Share the teleports between leves if you decide to jump from Tranquil to Bloodshore. It's amazing what being social in an MMO can accomplish.

And regarding parties, I think you guys are just playing a completely different fucking game now. I get twice the skill in good parties than I go while I'm solo, 2-4k per leve and upwards of 5k if there's a good chunk of people doing Behest.

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/99056-Party-Play/page2

read this and talk about party play again please. Sucks when half your party is getting shafted on skill points and makes partying something people don't want to do. Good for you if you haven't experienced the bug but it's there and has been since alpha. Clearly you're playing a completely different game.

Banned.

BG Level

Using more than I gain each day and still having to spend at least an hour per day doing nothing but holding 8 on the numpad is a shitty rate.

You didn't answer the question.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

He never answers the question. Apparently his horse is too high up - we can't hear him properly from all the way down here.

And yes, as a conj, it certainly benefits me to group up and do leves, so I can receive all of 500 XP total throughout all the fights for healing. That's a wonderful way to spend an hour. Get the fuck outta here with this "one size fits all" bullshit rhetoric.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast