1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 54 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 10 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 23 hours, 54 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

You guys need to chill, Anima regen is fine if you play only on Wednesdays while standing on your head and eating spaghetti, all while being electrocuted by a clown with a glass of Sunny D in his left hand, it's totally fine trust me. Inventory is awesome also if you have an extra chromosomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    SE should just make it so that your character has to take at least 10000 steps per day in order to keep his/her current weight. If you take less than that, your character starts gaining weight and lose muscle mass, thus reducing his/her current strength and vitality. This would fix several things, one of which is encouraging people to run more rather than using Anima. I feel this would add more feeling to the game as well. Not only do you have to visit the market and browse stores like you do IRL, you also have to pay attention to your health and weight.
    Last night we were talking about the amount of walking in the game and were musing possible more accurate titles for the game. The best seemed to be "Final Walking Fantasy" and "Final Fantasy XIV: You let yourself go, didn't you?"

They changed it from 4 anima/day to 6 anima/day.

Get two friends and never worry again

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I require .dat mods of fat mithras. I think its digusting all of the character models have ideal weight! What if I'm a tubby chaser?! I didn't see a body weight slider! I want to see that tummy bounce when I run, with a pink way too small top that ends slightly above the navel, princess crown and wooden sword!

Quote Originally Posted by TacoTaru View Post
    So people would rather take 20 minutes waiting and riding the airship than taking 20 minutes to ride the airship? Or that shaving that Ul'dah run from 30 minutes to 15/20 minutes is going to suddenly make people enjoy doing these treks more? Don't get me wrong, I understand why people are upset about anima regeneration and it's perfectly legitimate, but if people think the alternative means are going to be lightning fast to this they're delusional.
    At least you could craft while waiting for the airship.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominious View Post
    At least you could craft while waiting for the airship.
    Honestly, when a few people in your shell want to do a 3 city leve run, there's not much time in my day for crafting leves.

NEEDS FIX: Either make you go to the client to get the mats, or don't. I don't like guessing

Quote Originally Posted by Anton View Post
    Honestly, when a few people in your shell want to do a 3 city leve run, there's not much time in my day for crafting leves.

NEEDS FIX: Either make you go to the client to get the mats, or don't. I don't like guessing
    You need to get materials from any NPC inside the city or from the special NPC at the first camp. Any leve assigned to the crafting NPC at a camp doesn't require you to go get materials first.

Quote Originally Posted by Anton View Post
    They changed it from 4 anima/day to 6 anima/day.

Get two friends and never worry again
    Or maybe make anima regen at an acceptable rate so people don't have to invent a workaround. Personally this is probably the smallest thing that's wrong with the game. Also whats the point of having to bum ports anyways makes no sense what so ever Aether still mass lag so what are they trying to prevent? even more epic lag?

P.S.

Chocobos sick again... Really!?... I hope they die for this inconvenience.

If anything the people with not much time to play will be using more anima, since they have less time to do stuff = fast teleports.

Also I wasted 10 anima yesterday. 4 getting camps mixed up and teleporting to where I already was, and 6 getting killed running Gridania -> Ul'dah and saying fuck it. I went to explore the town in the mountains in Thanalan then found out about a temple and bogies spawned on top of me. Think I'm on about 49 now.

Also more time spent arguing on these forums = less time in game = more anima. Win-win all round

Once you hit rock bottom you'll see how bad the regen is.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I think 1 Anima every 2 hours would be fine, that gives you 12 Anima per day. Leaves you enough for 2 city teleports or 3 Outpost teleports. Its a good compromise between SE's will to force people to run, and player's desire of using more teleports. One every hour could work, but would probably be unacceptable for SE.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackheartX View Post
    Once you hit rock bottom you'll see how bad the regen is.
    Oh I can't wait. If I do have to stop teleporting though I will probably just stick in one city and take use the leves between a few classes. I imagine it's quite bad now since people want to get a class as high as possible asap, hence highest level leves from all the cities.

Dammit Steve of the House of Weave
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BlackheartX View Post

P.S.

Chocobos sick again... Really!?... I hope they die for this inconvenience.

I lol'd

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Tsakiki View Post
    I use my anima sparingly now, but I did enjoy the freedom of using it all up in beta, where there was no long-term anima deficit to worry about. One thing I'd like to see if they don't want to increase the rate of anima regen is to have reduced anima costs if you teleport from a node/crystal. They could explain that we're drawing on the power of the aetheryte and needn't deplete our own reserves as much.
    That would imply this game has Lore lol, w/ it basically has none of atm

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Illek♫ View Post
    Oh I can't wait. If I do have to stop teleporting though I will probably just stick in one city and take use the leves between a few classes. I imagine it's quite bad now since people want to get a class as high as possible asap, hence highest level leves from all the cities.
    The problem with this logic is that you'll want as many guild points as possible, and they typically give guild points at each city each reset, so you -need- to be able to get to each city, even if its just to do that one, singular leve.

E. Body
    BG Level

If anyone remembers the bazaar system from the EQ1 expansion Shadows of Luclin, the bazaar itself was really nice. Getting there was retarded.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by TacoTaru View Post
    So people would rather take 20 minutes waiting and riding the airship than taking 20 minutes to ride the airship? Or that shaving that Ul'dah run from 30 minutes to 15/20 minutes is going to suddenly make people enjoy doing these treks more? Don't get me wrong, I understand why people are upset about anima regeneration and it's perfectly legitimate, but if people think the alternative means are going to be lightning fast to this they're delusional.
    There's a difference between "30 minutes waiting around for an airship to dock/take off/land" and "30 minutes controlling your character on the run from Ul'dah to Gridania, during which time if you're not paying close attention you'll probably get ass raped by an antling". Just saying, the alternative means don't have to be lightning fast, because literally anything is better than actually walking from place to place.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Garona

I think they should implement mounts and be done with it. Mounts do not break the game nor do they make it a bad game because of it. It just allows for faster travel and honestly, it's silly for it to take 30 minutes to run from point A to B unless you just want to take the scenic route. In my opinion, travel shouldn't be harder than the actual task.

Dammit Steve of the House of Weave
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Meko View Post
    I think they should implement mounts and be done with it. Mounts do not break the game nor do they make it a bad game because of it. It just allows for faster travel and honestly, it's silly for it to take 30 minutes to run from point A to B unless you just want to take the scenic route. In my opinion, travel shouldn't be harder than the actual task.
    I agree. I'm done playing games with running around. I spent 70% of my time in XI running from point A to point B, until they released more OP warps and all that. Not doing it again in XIV, I'll just cancel sub if this is how it will be. I want something that has some challenge to it of course, but not a time sink of just running around. Stupid UI is already something to waste my time. No reason they shouldn't just get with the trend. Warhammer at launch had mounts at rank 20 you could buy, a mailbox system, and a transportation system that you could fly from one camp to the next instantly for a fee(cheap one). Getting around in that game was easy. I'm not asking for exactly the SAME ease, but near it. I'll take a choco I can summon anywhere, why the hell not? I'll take an airship I have to wait a few minutes on, then sit on it till I reach the next city since at least I can afk during that time(and save 6 anima) I'll stop bitching about anima regen because I have an alternative way to get around aside from running and just use teleporting when I need to get somewhere instantly. I'd also like a home point feature so I can use Return more effectively.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Garona

I'd like player housing with a "home point" warp that can be used maybe every 2 hours or something like that. I'd also like player/guild housing like from EQ2 or something similar. I'm with you in that I won't spend most of my time waiting or running from point A to B anymore. If you really break down FFXI, the time sink was waiting on people to RUN to you across 9 zones while getting killed by mob X or just waiting in general. I spent many nights sitting in Jeuno or White Gate standing around and waiting on the AH or just waiting for a group invite.