1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 57 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 7 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 2 hours, 57 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Final Fantasy XI Music Devotee

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vianne Nys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Ask the development and management teams! (09/29/2010)

http://static.finalfantasyxiv.com/to...s/69/36/34.jpg

The development and management teams continue to address the questions and concerns of the community in an ongoing FAQ.

The topics addressed this time around are the market system, anima, and food.

Markets
    Q. I have read that there are changes planned to improve the market system, but is there any more specific information available regarding these changes and the direction the market system will take?
    A. We have continued to receive copious amounts of feedback regarding changes that players would like to see made to the market system. As a result, we are planning a number of revisions and additions to the system, the first of which are scheduled to be implemented in the next one to two weeks.

Specifically, market wards will be organized according to specific item types, making it easier to consolidate similar items in the same area. Further, if an item sold within a ward corresponds to that wards’ item type, the tax incurred will be reduced. Items not of that ward’s category may still be sold, but the tax imposed will remain the same as it has up until now.

We will be closely monitoring the trends and developments of the market system following the implementation of these revisions and new features, and will continue to make further adjustments and alterations to improve player usability and convenience. For example, we are currently looking into options that will provide players with precise information as to which items are located in which market areas, or the ability to seek out specific items without the need for speaking to retainers, and more.

Also, we are now taking steps to increase the number of retainers that a character is able to simultaneously employ.

Anima
    Q. What is the deal with the anima regeneration rate?
    A. During the Open Beta, anima was recovered at the rate of one point every six hours (Earth time). Since service began last week for owners of the collector’s edition, however, that rate has been adjusted to one point every four hours.

Food
    Q. What kind of effects does eating have on my character?
    A. Eating food serves to temporarily increase certain stats, such as physical and magic attack power, or attributes, such as strength and dexterity. Also, there are foods and dishes suited more to the palates of certain races than others, resulting in more powerful effects.
    http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...7cd1af570568aa

Rainbow Dash was here,
    Applejack is a silly filly.

BG Level

How cute they're pretending to answer questions directly from us instead of answering questions that they made up themselves.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Q. What is the deal with the anima regeneration rate?
    A. During the Open Beta, anima was recovered at the rate of one point every six hours (Earth time). Since service began last week for owners of the collector’s edition, however, that rate has been adjusted to one point every four hours.
    missing the point a bit there, don't you think

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Three Cheers ... Let's hope they do it well... all improvements are wanted

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by #686578 View Post
    How cute they're pretending to answer questions directly from us instead of answering questions that they made up themselves.
    "Communication" you want, "communication" you get!

One to two weeks sounds so early though. Cool.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Oh dear, how am I going to be able to list my rat pelts in the Weapon and Armor Wards with a 5% price tax?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

its nice they plan to put more effort into the market system and market wards, like search comments, like organize them to specific item types or consolidate similar items in the same area... seriously wtf, stop try to improve bullshit to nq shit and add an AH.

Not really sure who cares about food just yet, or who would even ask the question on that one.

Other then that nice to know they acknowledge their market system implementation is a bag of shit and no one likes it, even if they do word it differently.

Anima i don't care about all that much as of yet, cause the game is new and area exploring is fun and can do stuff on the way. Every 4 hours is probably still too high, should probably be every 2 or something.

New Odin
    BG Level

How bout some inventory sort function while they're at it :3

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

if they're going to force us to spam bazaars to find shit, FIX THE FUCKING UI INPUT LAG.

oh, and inb4
    the ability to seek out specific items without the need for speaking to retainers
    i don't see this coming for a WHILE, we're gonna be spamming bazaars until that point so fix the fucking input lag, this UI is slow as shit

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Garona

Yea, the anima thing doesn't bother me too much. I don't know that they will mess with it too much more because at some point, it'll just be something that is removed if they keep tweaking it. They obviously feel like it's in the game and adds something to the game. Other than that, AH pl0x!

how about running and browsing bazaar at the same time, why not just use the old system in FFXI, check a character to see their armor and have a bazaar button there, that's like being smart and hitting 2 birds with one stone. Instead, now, we have to go through tons of menus.

Dammit Steve of the House of Weave
    BG Level

Wow. What a bunch of shit. Organizing bazaars just seems like the easy route to me. Seriously need a search. Or I need an Iphone app to search retainers. Or a way to google search it. WE NEED A SEARCH SO WE DON'T HAVE TO LOOK THOUGH 1000 BAZAARS. How can they possibly not even mention a search? Two steps back for every step forward. And now we get another retainer so I can deal even more with retainer log lag?

Ok. I'll admit it's better than nothing but it's still a joke. Anima @ 1 per 4 hours isn't that bad, but we really just need some chocobos or airships. A way to get from LL to Gridania within 10-20 mins(afk on a ship I'm talking here) is what I'm looking for. I don't expect any food changes for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by CrstyCptSteveWitherspoon View Post
    WE NEED A SEARCH SO WE DON'T HAVE TO LOOK THOUGH 1000 BAZAARS.
    Couldn't have said it better. 30 minutes rummaging through bazaars to not even find your item usually = sigh.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

1 Anima per 4 hours means we get 5 anima daily, which is enough for one in-nation teleport or two returns. I'd like to see that rate doubled so that we could hit up one different region a day, but hopefully its in the works for a future patch. I know its an easy tweak, so hopefully they do it.

New Odin
    BG Level

For example, we are currently looking into options that will provide players with precise information as to which items are located in which market areas, or the ability to seek out specific items without the need for speaking to retainers, and more.
    But they didn't mention the word 'search'!!1 derp

1 Anima per 4 hours means we get 5 anima daily
    Are you sure about that

Dammit Steve of the House of Weave
    BG Level

Yea... 6 anima a day is a bit low. I'd like to see 8-10. So you can port to another city and return. But no mention of a search just seems like a slap in the face.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by CrstyCptSteveWitherspoon View Post
    How can they possibly not even mention a search? Two steps back for every step forward.
    For example, we are currently looking into options that will provide players with precise information as to which items are located in which market areas, or the ability to seek out specific items without the need for speaking to retainers, and more.
    the act of reading, she is so hard

The anima regen rate is fine. It's enough to let you run from grid->ul'dah->LL and warp back to grid every day for leves, plus a free warp to whatever on the third day where there is no leves. If you're doing leves in a group of 3, you can eliminate the run completely and just have 1 person warp to each city. A group of 6 will let you eliminate the run to cities and the run to camps. This leaves you with 90 "oh-shit" anima to warp wherever you need in emergencies, which will eventually come as you go on vacations and such.

LEST WE FORGET.

and this issue is not raised enough.

SEEING YOUR GODDAMN PARTY MEMBERS ON THE GODDAMN BIG MAP. NO NOT THE MINI RADAR. THE BIG MAP.

Scenario:

Party Member: Where'd you guys go?
    Leader: we're at 23,24
    Party Member: 23 up, 24 down?
    Leader: Yes, 23y, 24x
    Party Member: What?
    Leader: The big tree do you see it? We're near the big tree.
    Party Member: There are many trees, which big tree?
    Leader: OK WAIT RIGHT THERE, I'll come get you
    *Leader is raped by a pack of Lone Wolves*

DISBAND PARTY.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast