+ Reply to Thread

Law and Order: Los Angeles

Haven't seen a topic on this yet, and my search didn't show one. Delete or move if I made a mistake, thanks.

Taken from nbc4i:

"Law & Order" makes the move from the East Coast to the West Coast
    with the premiere of "Law & Order: Los Angeles."

It's a new locale with new faces, but a tried and true brand of story-telling.

The original "Law & Order" was quintessential New York City.

"I learned more about New York from watching 'Law & Order' than I ever did from visiting the place," says actor Alfred Molina. "Hopefully, we'll do the same thing for Los Angeles."

Molina gets that chance as one of the new deputy D.A's on "Law & Order: Los Angeles."

He shares deputy D.A. duties with Oscar nominee Terrence Howard.

The two film veterans will alternate appearances on the new series, while Skeet Ulrich and Corey Stoll will be there every week as investigating detectives.

Ulrich says his character, Rex Winter, sees law enforcement in black and white, but Stoll's character, TJ Jaruszalski, has a grayer view of the world.

"I think that's going to be a lot of fun to play and to play off somebody who's holding the line much more firmly," Stoll says.

Series creator Dick Wolf says the new series eases the disappointment of the original's cancellation, but he knows "LOLA"'s success is not assured.

"You pays your money and you takes your chances," Wolf says, "but this is a pretty good bet."

Viewers will decide if it's a winning one.

The series also stars Megan Boone and Regina Hall, with Peter Coyote as the district attorney.
    It's airing tonight right after the new SVU, so I am sure I will end up watching it to see how it is.

Also, Hargitay making a cameo as I posted in the svu thread for anyone interested:

Woo hoo! Mariska Hargitay is coming to Los Angeles.

Well, at least to the new L.A. offshoot of the Law & Order franchise…

"I got to work with them yesterday," Hargitay told me at the Emmys. "They have an incredible cast…I think it's going to be strong right out of the gate."

Her hunky costar Christopher Meloni hasn't crossed over from SVU to the West Coast…yet. "I hope to," he said. "I always like a free trip out to L.A. The mother ship did the same thing with us when we were starting out to give us a little lift. That's all we really needed, a little push."

Hargitay says her guest storyline is inspired by her own victims advocacy work. "We are doing the show about the backlog of untested rape kits" she said. "It's something people don't know about. After a woman's been raped and goes through a four- to six-hour very traumatizing and invasive procedure you would expect it gets tested.

"But often times, most of the times, they sit on a shelf in a police facility," she continued. "It's something my foundation is trying to change, to eradicate the backlog."

Good job, Detective Benson.
    Let's hope it does well! It definitely will be interesting considering all (most? Unless I'm forgetting one.) L&O's have been in NYC.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I'm still kinda pissed about how they canned the original Law and Order.. but the commercials for this make me wanna watch it, so 'll probably end up watching it after I get home from work >.>;

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    I'm still kinda pissed about how they canned the original Law and Order.. but the commercials for this make me wanna watch it, so 'll probably end up watching it after I get home from work >.>;
    We all are. We all are ; ;

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Anyone taking bets on how long their ADAs last?

Quote Originally Posted by Baelorn View Post
    Anyone taking bets on how long their ADAs last?
    lol... As long as they don't build up an awesome Cabot-esque ADA then TRICK US with "SLAIN ADA" on a newspaper headline to lull us into thinking she's dead. That was too much!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

they'll kill off their first ADA on the first episode just because it's a new show!

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

After the first episode, I honestly don't know how to feel about it. Part of me wasn't impressed, but I don't want to just write it off since it is supposed to be taking the place of the original L&O. I will say, I really hope all the cases (or even the majority) don't focus on celebrities. As far as the characters, the two detectives' personalities didn't stand out.. like at all. Think my favorite character so far was the DA, but that was probably largely influenced by the fact that when I saw Alfred Molina, I immediately thought of Doc Ock >.>;

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It's trying incredibly hard to be "dramatic" like CSI because they think that's what people want. Fucking fuck.

Edit: Although +for the lotus exige in the background

After the first episode, I honestly don't know how to feel about it. Part of me wasn't impressed, but I don't want to just write it off since it is supposed to be taking the place of the original L&O. I will say, I really hope all the cases (or even the majority) don't focus on celebrities. As far as the characters, the two detectives' personalities didn't stand out.. like at all. Think my favorite character so far was the DA, but that was probably largely influenced by the fact that when I saw Alfred Molina, I immediately thought of Doc Ock >.>;
    Hm. One thing I noticed was both of the detectives weren't really.. Gruff? In fact, they seemed pretty non-sarcastic and happy the whole time, which kinda threw me off cause the sarcastic impatient cop is what you see a lot of the time. I don't want to write it off either. If I remember correctly, SVU was a bit slow in the first few episodes as well so I am hoping it will come into something great later on. And yeah, I liked the DA the best so far. And I agree on the celebrities.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I don't even think it was the lack of gruff-ness but lack of personality. Maybe they just didn't have enough screen time, but I really feel both detectives were incredibly bland. Honestly, the only things I can remember about them was that one of them had a 12 year old daughter, and the other was bald... I miss Lupo and Bernard ; ;

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Watching first episode now on Hulu, hard to not click to another tab and do something else, like type this post. Just doesn't have any thunder.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I didn't mind the non bald detective. That said, yes. I miss the Law and Order detectives, all of them were a better pair than these two.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

This was a better episode, but once again, part of my reason for liking this episode is because Terrence Howard is awesome. That said, his character was definitely awesome and I could totally get behind this show more if he became a more common presence. I think this episode would have a lot more weight if we had more time to become connected to the detective and his family. We just haven't had enough time to become attached and it was just too early imo to bring up issues with the detective's wife's past. Also, did anyone notice the pills he was popping in the office?

Glad to see the second episode didn't deal with celebrities -- hopefully it's a sign of things to come.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

I'm liking Howard in the court room

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    I'm liking Howard in the court room
    If he wasn't black, would you still have the same comment?

Also, it's hard out here for a pimp.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

In case anyone else cares, this is back. Returned last weekend(?) and another episode tonight. Really altered the show with changes to casting, reduction of DA teams, and killing off one of the detectives (assuming this doesn't need to be spoilered since that's what all the commercials were kind enough to reveal weeks before the episode aired..). All the characters I liked are now featured full time, so I can't complain too much, but I still feel they didn't give enough time to become attached to the detective who died to really make it a significant issue.

Oh, and Rubirosa is back as assistant DA, so hurray for that~

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Early morning joggers, dock workers, and low-rent apartment superintendents have something to look forward to in 2011 as we've partnered with NBCUniversal on an episodic adventure based on the Law & Order: Los Angeles television series!

http://www.telltalegames.com/images/...ss20/lola2.jpg

Fans of Dick Wolf's long-running franchise won't have to wait too long to get their latex gloves on the game as it launches this year! Make sure to sign up for the latest details on Law & Order: Los Angeles by visiting the official site.
    http://www.telltalegames.com/community/blogs/id-794
    http://www.telltalegames.com/lola

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

In case anyone else cares, this is back. Returned last weekend(?) and another episode tonight. Really altered the show with changes to casting, reduction of DA teams, and killing off one of the detectives (assuming this doesn't need to be spoilered since that's what all the commercials were kind enough to reveal weeks before the episode aired..). All the characters I liked are now featured full time, so I can't complain too much, but I still feel they didn't give enough time to become attached to the detective who died to really make it a significant issue.

Oh, and Rubirosa is back as assistant DA, so hurray for that~
    Man I care. I never really got into Law and Order but this is the best fucking new show out in a very long time. Watch this shit

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I still hurt to not have normal Law and Order anymore But was very /joy about having Rubirosa back, but poor Skeet He was my favorite of the two cops.

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

it lives on through TNT