1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 1 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 22 hours, 58 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 18 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 15 hours, 58 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Surprised it hasn't been mentioned... Quite often ability/action/weaponskill animations will not execute at all. The damage and effects will be in the log, but there will be no animation and you could be left waiting there, assuming it was lag, while you get hit.

cool down time on spells in the action bar will hit 0 seconds then jump back up to their previous cool down time this will keep happening and the spell can not be used unless you switch bars and switch back.

Lyramion's better half
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hopefulki Nozomi
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Nevermind

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I haven't been able to repeat the glitch, but when I first placed Dowse on my action bar after just learning it, all my actions had no cooldown, allowing me to spam abilities like Dowse and Gulleye constantly... until I changed classes.

jponry
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Before you submit a bug or problem, please make sure it's valid. Perform tests with multiple variants (windowed, full screen, max/low settings, and so on), ask other people if they are experiencing the same issue, make sure it hasn't already been addressed by the development team, and, most importantly, make sure you aren't just making a mistake.

Lyramion's better half
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hopefulki Nozomi
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by xerodok View Post
    Before you submit a bug or problem, please make sure it's valid. Perform tests with multiple variants (windowed, full screen, max/low settings, and so on), ask other people if they are experiencing the same issue, make sure it hasn't already been addressed by the development team, and, most importantly, make sure you aren't just making a mistake.
    Sorry, the icons for the quest and map markers are still wrong, but we found a way around it. I posted about it in the quest thread. Not sure if it's worth posting about incorrect quest marker placement but I can repost about that if you'd like.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Recently I got a bug where I'd see during battle that I was receiving Conjurer Skill Points, but at the end of the battle, I'd get my XP reward, but not receive the Conj points. This was also reflected in my xp bar (no change). It happened 6 or 7 mobs. It fixed itself when I logged out and back in. Was not able to reproduce (thankfully?), but while it was happening, I was able to confirm that it was not just tallying healing skill for multiple mobs, etc. If I went and attacked a single mob (a marmot, for example), I'd get something like 30, 34, and 33 points, but then receive no points once battle concluded.

jponry
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Coren View Post
    Recently I got a bug where I'd see during battle that I was receiving Conjurer Skill Points, but at the end of the battle, I'd get my XP reward, but not receive the Conj points. This was also reflected in my xp bar (no change). It happened 6 or 7 mobs. It fixed itself when I logged out and back in. Was not able to reproduce (thankfully?), but while it was happening, I was able to confirm that it was not just tallying healing skill for multiple mobs, etc. If I went and attacked a single mob (a marmot, for example), I'd get something like 30, 34, and 33 points, but then receive no points once battle concluded.
    One, where the fuck have you been? http://outspokenffxiv.ca/forum -- Two. I want to know, from everyone here, has anyone else been getting this problem for melee classes? I know for PUG I've got actual skillups from the fight (they show in the chat log) then at the end of the fight I receive none. I've been getting mixed messages from people about this. Any comments?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by xerodok View Post
    has anyone else been getting this problem for melee classes?
    I had got no message upon the defeat of some enemies while on Pugilist as I burned through Snapping Shrews in some Black Shroud cave. Thinking back, I think it may have been because I was normally immediately switching targets and would start hitting a new target generally before the message came up (they are pretty late to appear sometimes). Turns out, I actually ranked up on one of the no-message mobs with no dialog and no Rank-Up animation. So ,I was actually receiving the points, just with no messages as far as I could tell.

jponry
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    I had got no message upon the defeat of some enemies while on Pugilist as I burned through Snapping Shrews in some Black Shroud cave. Thinking back, I think it may have been because I was normally immediately switching targets and would start hitting a new target generally before the message came up (they are pretty late to appear sometimes). Turns out, I actually ranked up on one of the no-message mobs with no dialog and no Rank-Up animation. So ,I was actually receiving the points, just with no messages as far as I could tell.
    So, confirmed, the skill it says you gain during the fight does add to your total EXP, even if it doesn't display it at the end of the fight? Or totaled correctly?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I indeed confirmed that it was adding to my total without a message while on a melee because I ranked up with no text indication of receiving Skill Points. I'm not sure whether I earned the EXP that didn't show up along with it. I have no experience with it regarding mage classes at all.

Basically, to break it down...

I was very quickly killing Snapping Shrews (I think) at Rank 14 Pugilist in a cave in the Black Shroud.

I was getting a consistent ~50 Skill Points per battle, usually in increments of +12.

I checked my Rank/Level, and noticed that I was only about 2 mole kills from ranking up as PGL. Less than 100 Skill Points from Rank-15.

I killed a mole and saw normal amount of Skill Points earned during the battle: received skill/exp message as normal.

I killed another mole and saw normal amount of Skill Points earned during the battle: received no message at all.

I killed another mole and saw normal amount of Skill Points earned during the battle: received no message at all.

I began wondering when I was going to rank up... and had assumed I wasn't getting Skill Points when there were no messages.

I killed another mole and saw normal amount of Skill Points earned during the battle: received skill/exp message as normal.

I knew I should have ranked up by then.

I checked my Rank/Level and saw I had actually Ranked up to 15.

I had missed the sound+animation+dialog, which was unlikely since I was waiting for it so I could hurry and continue my storyline quests.

I checked the log and found no text indication whatsoever that I hit Rank-15 Pugilist.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

-Once a shield is equiped, the game automatically makes you equip "guard". Not a major problem except for the fact that I can't switch it's position on the action bar. Nor-re-equip it in a new location, then un-equip it in the old.
    Very lame when setting up macros and the game randomly decides to put guard in a new location

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Graphical:

When changing gear, "run mode" on hair and garments is locked in until the game reloads via teleport or restart.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

How could I forget this one... LOL

- Sea Hares. You know what happens.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

When someone ranks up or levels up nearby while off-screen, no matter how long it's been since it happened, when you rotate your camera and see them, the rank-up and level-up animations will go off as if they just ranked/leveled.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Went through the first page so that I could copy/paste this into SE's bug report form (I advise you all do the same).

- Unable to see party members on the map, only on the console mini-map. [Urgent]
    Unfortunately, this ones not a bug. Thats not even a feature yet since you've never been able to do it... not in Alpha or any of the Beta Phases.

The members of Blue Gartr LS Forums (FFXI End-Game community) have put together a long list of bugs that are currently in the game. We've found close to 30 bugs ranging from Low Priority to Urgent and will keep updating the post as we encounter more. Please read and review everything in this opening post by username "xerodok".

Link: http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/993...=1#post4149108

While none of us expect these bugs to be fixed immediately, we would appreciate just being told that SE is aware of these problems and is working on them as we speak.
    Is my message. Had to keep it short cause of the character limit... Feel free to copy/paste into your own bug submission form here: http://support.na.square-enix.com/co...hp?id=902&la=1

In before someone says spamming their bug submissions wont help and we should just wait around with our thumbs up our asses.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Cant alt+tab in fullscreen.

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    When someone ranks up or levels up nearby while off-screen, no matter how long it's been since it happened, when you rotate your camera and see them, the rank-up and level-up animations will go off as if they just ranked/leveled.
    On a related note, models appear about 3 frames after they're in your field of view when rotating your camera as opposed to instantly.

Dead mobs can move.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

You wont receive any class skill sometimes from mobs when in a party of 3+ even when you receive skill ups during combat. It seems to get worse the more party members as well. Very annoying bug because of the fact they seem to be promoting party play right now...

Edit- I know it says that the skills are not being calculated correctly on the list, but it doesn't really give any details. Might help if the list is going to SE.

jponry
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    Went through the first page so that I could copy/paste this into SE's bug report form (I advise you all do the same).

Unfortunately, this ones not a bug. Thats not even a feature yet since you've never been able to do it... not in Alpha or any of the Beta Phases.

Is my message. Had to keep it short cause of the character limit... Feel free to copy/paste into your own bug submission form here: http://support.na.square-enix.com/co...hp?id=902&la=1

In before someone says spamming their bug submissions wont help and we should just wait around with our thumbs up our asses.
    I've sent mine when I first started the thread. It would be a smart idea for everyone to submit this thread to SquareEnix customer support. Most of you played FFXI, you would know that stuff got done when we submitted bugs to the development team (i.e.black belt guy). It can't hurt, it takes 5 minutes, do it.