1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 11 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 12 hours, 48 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 4 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 5 hours, 48 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Wait timer is going to be the new directional crafting. Have fun wasting time gullible fools!

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Ghostlands

Quote Originally Posted by Cureslime View Post
    Spam that standard button with impunity.
    Best crafting advice, ever.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zeille View Post
    When I botched them, no matter what I did I couldn't succeed. Maker's muse, Preserve, Tender Touch didn't help. Was blowing up five or more times in a row on mostly white orbs. Then next synth I don't fail a single attempt. Makes no sense.
    It's just probability. Take an extreme scenario: failing five attempts in a row when your usual success rate is 70%. The probability of that is about 0.0025%, which means it's perfectly normal for a crafter to have seen that scenario a few times already.

It's not as easy to remember the time when you started out shitty but recovered after Preserve or Tender Touch, as it is remembering the time when the failure persisted.

I can't count the number of times I've started out shit and succeeded, and gotten through like 80-90% of the craft and failed. Sometimes, there's nothing you can do about it. The control we have with this system, is to not blow up synths we were supposed to succeed, rather than save synths we were supposed to fail. The other aspect is quality vs progress, but that has nothing to do with succeeding.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    Equipping an off-hand tool does not affect your immediately shown stats. I think that suggests that your stats will shift if you decided to use your off-hand tool. The same goes for gathering classes. I got a Willow Fishing Rod (rank-12) and its stats bumped me up to 4 attempts at a Grade-3 fishing point. Since I'm still using a piece of shit Bronze Gig (rank-1) for spearfishing, my number of attempts at a Grade-3 spearfishing point did not change.

It becomes apparent that some crafts are supposed to be better at mass production while some are more focused on quality. e.g. A Carpenter's main-hand Saw yields bonus quantities while it's off-hand Claw Hammer yields +1/2/3. Since the main-hand tool of any class has far more options in progression, I think it suggests a proficiency in one type of HQ.

Though, I have only discovered the tools' HQ outputs of Cooking/Alchemy/Woodworking.
    im pretty sure that the stats on the offhand only apply while using an offhand. when my mainhand was the only item below 50% durability i get the message saying you suffer from gear durability or w/e. and if i start a synth with the offhand i get "you no longer suffer from gear damage" and the icon goes away. then i get the you suffer from durability damage message again once the synth finishes. that makes me think that they arent both being use at the same time ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeille View Post
    I get sparks occasionally if the synth is near my rank and if I've failed at least a few times (normals and bolds). I never use rapid anymore, so I think it's just a few fails and/or possibly the number of attempts you've put into the synth. I never get sparks on anything way below my rank even if I get a few fails in a row.

RNG seems really weird for crafting. Making a few different synths last night (that give me 175-225 skill points, so I know I'm a bit overleveled) and I ended up failing a couple randomly. It'll look something like NQ, NQ, NQ, HQ, botch, HQ, HQ, NQ, botch, NQ.

When I botched them, no matter what I did I couldn't succeed. Maker's muse, Preserve, Tender Touch didn't help. Was blowing up five or more times in a row on mostly white orbs. Then next synth I don't fail a single attempt. Makes no sense.
    I can relate to this guys last paragraph. I can succeed all or nearly all on one craft and then the next I fail miserably. I am rank 12 Cul and was doing rank 1 fish -> river sand.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm lv19 Carpenter, with Lv10 Alch, Blacksmith, and Goldsmith. I've never ever failed a synth that was at or below my level while I was paying attention. It's only when I get cocky that I start to blow things up. Between Maker's Muse and Tender Touch, it always seems to be salvagable. And now I added Preserve which is extra nice. Do you guys have crafting gear / a current tool? At ~12 I noticed things starting to get much harder, until I upgraded my stuff.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Thiel Vigilas
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

When I was keeping track of those synths I was Rank 16 Blacksmith with full cotton crafting gear and some crakows I made myself :3 I was drinking distilled water and had a Rank 12 tool. It's like you randomly hit a crafting wall and just fail repeatedly.

It still happens from time to time so I just expect it now and try to play it safe all the time. Anything ~10 ranks or more below and I never have problems, but once the synth gets closer it'll pop up.

Err on the side of completing the synth is my new motto, fuck quality.