1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 13 hours, 43 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 10 hours, 16 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 6 hours, 43 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 3 hours, 16 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Thiel Vigilas
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Maaglin View Post
    Some synths of the same rank are just harder too it seems (and/or the ranks listed on various are not quite correct). For example, I had a horrible time making hempen cloth. All the way through rank 11 weaver, I had to use guild support to consistently make the synth. However, I was able to make the compoenents and end products pretty much in my sleep.

For the cloth example, I was getting less and less experience as I ranked up, so I assume I was above the required rank for it, but it still required guild support.

I've had similiar experiences with the other crafts, so it would seem that sometimes guild support is essential and other times not so much. I haven't ran into anything yet where not having the guild mark ability has stopped me from completing the synth, but I'm sure that's coming and will be a real cock-block when you have multiple high level crafts but don't have the guild mark abilities yet.
    That cloth synth does require Common Clothshop and says so when you attempt to make it. If you attempt to make it without Clothshop, you get a message saying something along the lines of "The synthesis requires larger-scale accommodations". That's your hint that you need a specific type of support. Some synths say Common and others say Guild and I'm guessing later on others will say Master, so be sure to note the difference.

You can still succeed without support if you're overleveled, but it won't be as easy as crafting something that does not require support, like a piece of gear. At weaver 10+ you shouldn't need support, but I wouldn't get ballsy with bold unless you have it.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Vuitton View Post
    Also, who knows if there is food that raises crafting stats. That isn't taken into account either.

according to ffxivpro there is, I haven't messed with it yet, (like most people)

but distilled water is supposed to give 5+ craftmanship.

should be easy to test.

I was thinking about it last night too, that food might help a lot of people's bitching on breaking. It makes a lot of sense that SE would want food to be important (just little people are making it cause no one knows what the shit it does yet). I have seen far too many crafters as well in ul'dah who are wearing their melee gear instead of crafting gear. people have to focus on increasing their crafting stats if they want to craft higher level shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    according to ffxivpro there is, I haven't messed with it yet, (like most people)

but distilled water is supposed to give 5+ craftmanship.

should be easy to test.

I was thinking about it last night too, that food might help a lot of people's bitching on breaking. It makes a lot of sense that SE would want food to be important (just little people are making it cause no one knows what the shit it does yet). I have seen far too many crafters as well in ul'dah who are wearing their melee gear instead of crafting gear. people have to focus on increasing their crafting stats if they want to craft higher level shit.
    Pretty much, people used to craft naked cause of the gear breaks, now they all craft infront of the repair NPC. If your crafting gear doesn't have control, craftmenship or m.craftsmenship then you're doing it wrooooong. Getting a higher level tool is also important, crafting above level 10 with weathered tools is retarded. Invest in that shit.

Level a few crafts to 10 for their abilities, Preserve, Tender Touch, Maker's Muse and Fulfillment are the best I've seen so far. Masterpiece might be nice for low levels when trying to HQ or doing low level local leves.

Does anywhere have the info (or at least somewhat solid speculation) on how those crafting stats affect synthing?

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

renaming thread, try to focus on attempts at figuring out theories of crafting in this one (basically what's been happening) and regular crafting questions in this one:

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/990...-undyed-canvas.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zeille View Post
    That cloth synth does require Common Clothshop and says so when you attempt to make it. If you attempt to make it without Clothshop, you get a message saying something along the lines of "The synthesis requires larger-scale accommodations". That's your hint that you need a specific type of support. Some synths say Common and others say Guild and I'm guessing later on others will say Master, so be sure to note the difference.

You can still succeed without support if you're overleveled, but it won't be as easy as crafting something that does not require support, like a piece of gear. At weaver 10+ you shouldn't need support, but I wouldn't get ballsy with bold unless you have it.
    Yeah, that's where I said in my post I couldn't make it without support.

Vuitton

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Pretty much, people used to craft naked cause of the gear breaks, now they all craft infront of the repair NPC. If your crafting gear doesn't have control, craftmenship or m.craftsmenship then you're doing it wrooooong. Getting a higher level tool is also important, crafting above level 10 with weathered tools is retarded. Invest in that shit.

Level a few crafts to 10 for their abilities, Preserve, Tender Touch, Maker's Muse and Fulfillment are the best I've seen so far. Masterpiece might be nice for low levels when trying to HQ or doing low level local leves.
    Not sure if your'e saying they're camping there because of damaged gears or not. BUT! In case you are, they are really camping there because the repair NPC gives you access to "larger accommodations". Just the "common" type, I believe.

Just tell the repair NPC you want to do your own repairs, and they will offer you the buff for some gils.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Thiel Vigilas
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Maaglin View Post
    Yeah, that's where I said in my post I couldn't make it without support.
    Ahh I see. Must've been tired this morning lol. Read your post as more of you wondering why you needed support for that one and not others.

Question, has anyone gotten anything other than durability loss from using "touch up"

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Touch Up = extra chance at HQ. (basically a re-roll at HQ based on your Quality)

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

There's a lot of factors to consider before calling others out and getting un-unequippable underwear in a wad.

Lots of people have lots of experience with rapid synth and lots of people have lots of experience with crafting post-rapid-spam-synth and those are two entirely different experiences. Also, the biggest thing I had to keep reminding myself of was the Asuran Armguards, which give a nice hefty craftsmanship & magic craftsmanship bonus that scales up to +11 each at rank10 and then goes straight to zero at rank 11. You literally go from "no problem" to only having half or less "craftsmanship" stats, which may ruin a previously simple synth.

Consider each of you also have different DoW/DoM jobs that probably have different stat allocations. Sometimes I am diligent about switching to it for a particularly challenging set of synths and others, I just go naked and don't bother.

The best we can *all* do is to share our own experiences, note that they are our own and refrain from assuming our experiences are comprehensive of all variables. At this point, everything is anecdotal with tiny, tiny sets of data and we'll do well to remember that instead of distracting ourselves with pettiness.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Velen

This was my post in my LS forum:

Previous Information:

Control: Will reduce the amount of durability you lose - success or fail.
    Magic Craftsmanship: Will reduce the amount or frequency of elements becoming unstable.
    Craftsmanship: will increase the gain of Quality.
    High Quality: Synthesis are not simply related to the amount of quality, but also the stability of your materials. Take notice of whether or not you have 150 Quality but are also throwing sparks vs. 95 Quality with a perfectly stable synth.
    -Courtesy of Phil/Azira

The synthesis stability is shown by the color of the orb. Those colors are:

White - Highest -chance- of synthesis success. Lowest potential durability loss.
    Multicolored - Average success chance - pulsing no longer a factor. Pulse is not varied, just seems to be in certain cases of server/UI lag. Average potential durability loss.
    Yellow - Below-average success chance. Higher potential durability loss.
    Red - Lowest success chance. Highest potential durability loss.
    -Courtesy of Rhys (Updated with Info below.)

I actually think Golden/Yellow is the average success/failure, and Multicolored is just unstable and random. Just my opinion, though.

Effect of Stats and Elements on Crafting*:

Alchemist = ??? and Intelligence
    Armorer = Earth and Vitality
    Blackmith = Fire and Strength
    Carpenter = ??? and ???
    Culinarian = Water and Piety
    Goldsmith = Ice and Dex
    Leather = Lightning and ???
    Weaver = Wind and Mind
    *Note: These are believed to be the current/correct correlations.

Guardian Effects*:

Click the following link for the flowchart:

Guardian FlowChart

*Note: These are believed to be the current/correct correlations.

Personal Data/Finds:

It is my personal belief that the effect that physical level stats have on crafting are Tier'd. Here is my current chart:

Stat < 60 = Tier I
    60 <= Stat < 90 = Tier II
    90 <- Stat < 120 = Tier III
    These numbers are mostly guesses from personal experience. I started from 60, but it could be that Tier I is actually @ 30. I assume it is not, because it is relatively easy to reach 30 in a particular stat early on. This is an assumption. I back this up by personally reassigning my points and crafting (Weaver that uses MND) @ MND 59 and MND 61. The success/failure rate was noticeably different @ 59 (more failures) than it was @ 61 (more success). This is up for debate, but you're free to try it on a synth. Just make sure it's not a synth you can make all the time. Do something in your level range for more accurate results.

Could be a possible 20, or even 10 Tier base. -Rhys

Also, why we are on Tiers, it is most definitely likely that chance for HQ is Tier based on current Rank. SE is used to this system and it's only natural that they would use it.
    Basically what I do to try and get the best results for right now is make sure I'm @ my 60 or over stat on MND, and then I stack on Control, Craftsmanship, and Mag. Craftsmanship on. I'll do the same thing when I get close to 90 MND down the road.

The theory I heard on "Touch Up" was the whole if you have 250 Quality and use Touch Up, you have a 25% chance to HQ, but I can't really confirm this at all.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

how did you come to your conclusions on your stats?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

It appears to be entirely based on the abilities/traits that each class gets (Blacksmith gets a "increases the effect of STR on synthesis" ability) and the colors of the abilities/traits (Blacksmith's are mostly red).

I believe the attributes being tied to the classes, but I don't believe elemental affinity is tied to any specific class... maybe tied to the individual synth you're attempting based on its element of aetheryte required.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Velen

how did you come to your conclusions on your stats?
    (Omg, I just typed a helluva lot and it got erased -_-)

In a nutshell, I had 59 base MND and with a Cotton Cowl equipped I had 62 MND. I bought some Control and Crafts+ gear and replaced the Cotton Cowl with it. I got worse success rates with it equipped and decided to re-examine my situation. I reassigned some stats to give me 62 MND w/o the need of the Cotton Cowl. I equipped the Control and Crafts+ gear and got the same success rate as before, but I also had better stability and I could use Standard Synthesis a lot w/o losing any durability with a gain in Quality.

If stats are indeed Tier'd for Crafting, then the numbers could be much higher. As I took 4 hours to reset all my points in MND, I ended up with 112 MND (I think). I noticed no difference in having 112 MND vs. 62 MND. Although, it could be that Intelligence and Piety are secondary traits for Weaver (unconfirmed)?

I also re-did my elemental resistances to focus on Wind and Earth during this time, and noticed no significant difference in that area. It may only effect stability of your crystals?

Just in my personal experience, there seemed like a significant difference in my crafting in having 59 MND w/ crafting gear and having 62 MND w/ crafting gear. To me, it just makes no sense why having a Cotton Cowl /equipped would matter in synthesis results, unless it was effect my stats (Cotton Cowl has +3 MND).

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    It appears to be entirely based on the abilities/traits that each class gets (Blacksmith gets a "increases the effect of STR on synthesis" ability) and the colors of the abilities/traits (Blacksmith's are mostly red).

I believe the attributes being tied to the classes, but I don't believe elemental affinity is tied to any specific class... maybe tied to the individual synth you're attempting based on its element of aetheryte required.
    oopps not those stats I should have specified.

I mean about control, craftman, and mag. craftman.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Velen

oopps not those stats I should have specified.

I mean about control, craftman, and mag. craftman.
    Oh, OK! lol

That explanations for Control, Mag. Craftsmanship, and Craftsmanship are just our literal views on it from assumptions and other forum browsing that we've gathered. We haven't tested this, but it's what we believe to be the correct. We have not tested this. However, I tend to stack on only Control+ and Craftmanship+ gear.

I look @ it as Control = greater control over your synthesis (better success) and Craftmanship = better @ your craft (Quality results, kinda like Masterpiece). So, I do Control > Craftsmanship > Mag. Craftsmanship.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

But... those are assumptions based on wording. I could look at the same "Control" stat and think that is would give you more control over instabilities... which makes more literal sense to me.

I think the most basic enhancing stat (the only one that Asuran Armguards boosts) is going to be the one primary stat that increases your general rate of success (or damage for war/magic).

Discipline of the Land Primary: Gathering
    Discipline of the Land Secondary: Perception/Output

Discipline of the Hand Primary: Craftsmanship
    Discipline of the Hand Secondary: Magic Craftsmanship/Control

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

kk thanks XD

Vuitton

I've been thinking of control as to be your ability to manage your orbs. More control being better chances of getting pure white and holding onto it, preventing sparks from showing up, and out of balance elements.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast