1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 0 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 59 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 12 hours, 0 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 21 hours, 59 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Priran View Post
    no whooshing, I've been trying to find goblins to confirm they actually look like the ones from FFXI. although come to think of it, there's a model viewer for FF14, isn't there? has anyone found the goblins using that?
    Spoiler for gobbie pics:

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Hi, Kobold who's not a Goblin.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

offtopic!

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by millionsknives View Post
    Spoiler for gobbie pics:
    Not kobolds, goblins. They're different. There's a guy in Ul'dah who describes FFXIV's goblins and they sound exactly like the ones from FFXI. He also says they haven't been seen in Eorzea in like 100 years.
    Just to hopefully make this more clear:

Description of Goblins: The goblins are short little monstrosities, though amicable enough. Time was they could often be seen throughout the streets of Ul'dah peddling wares. You will certainly know one if you come across them. They never take off their distinctive masks, and always bear seemingly unbearable packs on their back. But I fear you won't come across them. None have, in fact, for quite some years now. Some say they only make one great pilgrimage every hundred years to the cities of man. But who is to say? Perhaps the recent rise in adventurers such as yourself among us will bring them back once again.

Completely separate description of kobolds: The kobolds are stout, mole-like creatures who live inside the fiery mountains of O'Ghomoro situated in northern Vylbrand. Because of the way they are built, it can appear they run on four legs, which leads people to believe they are closer to animals than they are the five races. However, this could not be farther from the truth, as the kobolds are devoid of most any barbaric traits. They are, for one, known to be extremely pious, and consider ores and metals to be the carnal manifestations of their patron deity, Titan. They also possess advanced knowledge of smelting and armoring, utilizing techniques to rival even the renowned smiths of Naldiq & Vymelli's.

Quote Originally Posted by Domon Kasshu View Post
    Except it wouldn't be a damn problem if people were discussing the reviews.
    This thread would be half as long if people stopped bitching about it, it's off topic? Good, get out of the thread then, stop bitching. I can't even read anything of substance because of all the "QQ you're offtopic posts".

And I realize I am adding to the bitching but seriously,it is fucking annoying, it's like, I couldn't find 1 legitimate post, just a sea of bitching.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    Two things.

a) you give video game reviews way too much credit for actively affecting the market success of titles.

b) you are ignoring the fact that there are way more people interested in the Final Fantasy franchise that have PS3s than people who have graphically capable PCs.
    Truth and more truth

I would add though that SE should spend a bit of cash to actually market this game (outside of Japan) for ps3 release.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kylewhataru View Post
    I couldn't find 1 legitimate post, just a sea of bitching.
    Welcome to BG, buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Viq View Post
    Welcome to the FFXIV section, buddy
    Also works.

Honestly in the past few days, my want for an auction house system has waned. I still want one to be able to buy parts for items I can synth, but I have bought a lot of gear and weapons recently and because they were bazaared, I was able to haggle with the other player and lower the price, or offer materials in addition to some gil, or barter with other items. Its actually pretty fun. I do all this around guilds in cities and never step foot in market wards. Also people on my server have actually taken to shouting about goods they have for sale, or shouting for what they need to buy.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Has that been seen in-game and mentioned as a Kobold? If so, then there's nothing in the dats that resembles a Goblin D:

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by millionsknives View Post
    Has that been seen in-game and mentioned as a Kobold?
    ...yes

have you been to la noscea at all? I mean I realize it's in your sig but I think I saw my first kobold at like lv.10 in the beta

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

have you been to la noscea at all? I mean I realize it's in your sig but I think I saw my first kobold at like lv.10 in the beta
    Not really. I got to level 15 in the beta and never saw one. And since release I'm in Ul'dah and staying the fuck away from there.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Way late here so this stuff may have been said but...

Go tell the Warhammer or EQ2 guys that first impressions don't matter.

First impressions are HUGE in mmo's.

If nobody sticks around to play, you could turn it into the best MMO ever and it won't matter for shit because there's nobody to play it with.
    Agreed, but FF14 has the advantage of a new platform release down the road. So if they get all the changes in that they know they need in time, they have a good chance of getting some people back.

WAR never improved, but EQ2 really hurt because of first impressions. Once Scott Hartsman signed on to EQ2 and was part of a couple of expansions the game really turned around - no way it was going to pull people back from WoW at that point though. FF14 might have a chance since people's interest in WoW is waning, the hype for this new expansion is no where near the level of TBC.

People are still talking about this....!? Goblins do not exist in game period there not even in the dats unless you count kolbolds as goblins. Also inventory still sucks fat horse @#$%, so why can't I buy a retainer yet? Do I have to wait for the fail dev team to release this crap on PS3 before they make basic improvements? Also lag is still terrible in this game it's like the server code is crap or the S&R ticker is telling big fat lies.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/1...14-players-38/

Sankaku has a lot of inaccurate pieces under the final fantasy tag, it almost seems like Artefact is tryin to assassinate FFXIV. I really don't get it.

http://beefjack.com/news/square-enix...y-xiv-reviews/

Another piece on the review hold request.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackheartX View Post
    People are still talking about this....!? Goblins do not exist in game period there not even in the dats unless you count kolbolds as goblins. Also inventory still sucks fat horse @#$%, so why can't I buy a retainer yet? Do I have to wait for the fail dev team to release this crap on PS3 before they make basic improvements? Also lag is still terrible in this game it's like the server code is crap or the S&R ticker is telling big fat lies.
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/990...-email-system.

Was on the new topic and I get it in where I can so my careface is set to passive.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Alderaan View Post

I love it. I thought the range would be 6-7, 4/10 is harsh but honestly they deserve it, hopefully it puts some pressure on them to fix shit, it still has a chance of being a hit on ps3 if they fix things.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Wow, Gamespot shot from the hip this time.

Edit: I think the best thing I've read about this is that the writer acknowledges that despite the fact that the player-base can work around many of the clunky, backward features, we shouldn't have to - not if we're paying for this, which we are.

Hopefully SE takes this back to their think tank.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reapz Sjc
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Man that is alot harsher than I was expecting...

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast