1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 2 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 3 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 6 hours, 2 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Riposte View Post
    I laughed at them, basically. They are so stupid, and nerdy, irritatingly accented, act like a joke is about to be told or has been told but there was no joke, and have that logo which is beyond terrible! I skimmed over the videos just now after the two or three I watched and apparently they pick a blacksmith like they did with the fisher? And I think they played through tutorial missions several times and etc to make their video of the game(which is probably several hours altogether) as boring as possible, skipping no corners in badness. I don't think most people are so stupid to pick the crafting classes over the ones who use swords and magic and shit at least. (If a genuine reviewer were to talk about the battle system through the prospective of someone who only played as a fisher he probably would be criticized or laughed at.)

They hardly count, but I suppose amateur reviewers are fine if they put in enough effort to have a website or youtube channel.
    Well they were playing the classes made available to them at the start of the character creation process, how can you fault them for that? I mean their perspective of the game will be limited to the class they choose at the start, and the experience accompanied by it.

BTW, I honestly believe most people will find their experience to be similar to these guys.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Here is their attempt at a melee-based class. This is all beta footage but it does explain why they don't have as many videos of combat classes as they encounter the 'death is permanent' bug and can't really advance that character any further

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1hYsz8RpSQ#t=4m40s

I don't think most people are so stupid to pick the crafting classes over the ones who use swords and magic and shit at least.
    Except the game shouldn't really penalize people for making a perfectly valid selection in the character creation screen. There is no 'oh by the way your only combat ability does 1 damage, and your first task will be to get your ass kicked by monsters until NPCs do all the fighting for you' warning when you make this choice. It may be stupid but honestly SE oversells the validity of a crafting class as a freshly created character, rather than as a secondary pastime where it belongs. Pointing out irritating flaws is what these videos do (see aforementioned permanent death bug).

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

obviously trying to make it look bad is obvious.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

If you've seen one "omg this game sucks" video predicated on choosing a DoH/DoL in character creation, you've seen them all. It just becomes blatantly obvious how much of a troll attempt it is when these same people then go on to rail against SE for having the audacity to make people read things after picking something like blacksmith or botanist, as if someone with so short an attention span would actually be interested in economics or resource gathering.

I will admit I laughed at the "cutscene of you walking a couple yards to the inn" part.

Quote Originally Posted by Scary View Post
    Well they were playing the classes made available to them at the start of the character creation process, how can you fault them for that?
    It is easy to fault them and they are even dumber for doing it more than once lol. To be fair if they had a standard review format they could have fixed their mistake early and simply talked about that kind of weakness the game had, but they seem to be trying to aim for the most painful experience possible so as to make it entertaining like it was a Deadly Premonition endurance run or something. (EDIT: I bet playthroughs like that get bigger numbers than legit review type videos.)

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    Here is their attempt at a melee-based class. This is all beta footage but it does explain why they don't have as many videos of combat classes as they encounter the 'death is permanent' bug and can't really advance that character any further

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1hYsz8RpSQ#t=4m40s

Except the game shouldn't really penalize people for making a perfectly valid selection in the character creation screen. There is no 'oh by the way your only combat ability does 1 damage, and your first task will be to get your ass kicked by monsters until NPCs do all the fighting for you' warning when you make this choice. It may be stupid but honestly SE oversells the validity of a crafting class as a freshly created character, rather than as a secondary pastime where it belongs. Pointing out irritating flaws is what these videos do (see aforementioned permanent death bug).
    I really enjoyed this video not gonna lie

Quote Originally Posted by Riposte View Post
    It is easy to fault them and they are even dumber for doing it more than once lol. To be fair if they had a standard review format they could have fixed their mistake early and simply talked about that kind of weakness the game had, but they seem to be trying to aim for the most painful experience possible so as to make it entertaining like it was a Deadly Premonition endurance run or something. (EDIT: I bet playthroughs like that get bigger numbers than legit review type videos.)
    Huh? People are dumb for trying out difference classes? I don't understand, granted they never had FFXI experience so many of the "basics" escape them, but still did you expect people coming into FFXIV to read up on fansites and browse through the SE site to look for info etc? Like most people, you buy a game, install it, run it and hopefully you enjoy it.

Stop being sly and trying to make this the random complaint thread. I am talking about the reviewers. They are (SO VERY) dumb as players and are bad enough "youtubers" that they can't make up for it(or maybe that's what they are aiming for). As far as I saw they never broke down what was wrong with the class selection like you seem to want to get across.

Correction's video was at least funny because their failure is embarrassing and short. Sure it does illustrate a problem with the UI being confusing upon death, but it does so poorly. (Like there are things about the game which could be criticized as convoluted and without explanation - but everything is so with the mentally disabled.) Though if were to take short clips and string them together it certainly would have made their 2+ hour odyssey(video-time) more succinct. If you put useful commentary over it, you'd have a review! (Get rid of the fat smelly brits(?) and their autism logo, and maybe you even get a review that is watchable!!)

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Those 2 guys crack me up, you're all crazy.

Anything British is funny. Americans have no sense of humor, we're way too uptight.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

not everyone has a PHD in video game playing like you brp

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    not everyone has a PHD in video game playing like you brp
    Oh sorry, am I being too elitist on the smelly fat brits with their 16 10-minute videos of failing around town?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

no, you just sound mad honestly

umad, heh heh heh

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alderaan View Post
    Anything British is funny. Americans have no sense of humor, we're way too uptight.
    Wut

The opposite is more like it. Brits ain't funny.

OK Shaun of the Dead was alright. Exception proves the rule.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    Wut

Blasphemy, i could name 1000 funny Brits going back 40 years.

Are you seriously gonna tell me Monty Python isn't funny? What the fuck is all i can say.

Edit: if you have to google Monty Python, then please don't waste my time. Shit happened before the year 2000.

I'm watching the videos now, and personally I think they're hilarious. Especially part 7 where he fights the chiglets as a Marauder.

It seems like these videos aren't really trying to be like your typical reviews where they just talk about the game and its strengths and weaknesses. It's just two guys, with only a casual (?) knowledge of FFXIV, and MMOs in general, commenting on the game as they play through it for the first time. It's more of a "Let's Play..." video than an actual review. However, they do bring up some valid complaints about the game. If FFXIV is your first MMO, or you're only used to WoW, you're going to have absolutely no idea what to in the game unless you read up about it online. Despite SE's intentions, the game is extremely unforgiving towards new and casual MMO players, and most people will probably get too frustrated with the game before they really give it much of a chance.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Monty Python and Ricky Jarvais is all you's gots...

on topic... how about those mmo reviews?

Wut

Someone hasn't watched any good british TV, or movies.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Us brits are funny, TO THE MAX.

I think that's quite a good idea for a review. At first I was thinking, "Press M fuckwitts!", but not everyone who plays will have our beta experience and know what to do, and the game doesn't tell you. SE would do well to watch it and see how new players actually cope.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Brits ain't funny.

http://imagemacros.files.wordpress.c...pg?w=302&h=300

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast