1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 48 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 17 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 16 hours, 48 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    New Odin
    BG Level

Battle Regimens and Incapacitation (10/06/2010)

urrg . . all this time I was hoping to be able to target body parts etc. I think this is just lazy its just like 11. using certain skills to trigger the !!! in abyssea . .
    I duno. Im losing faith in this.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

This isn't the kind of updates I want to see on that website

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

So a mage can't do squat to influence a battle unless they're popping a skillchain with someone else? If I'm soloing as a lancer, I can cripple the shit out of mobs (and I've done it in beta by use of skewer II on some hapless humanoids), but if I'm soloing on a mage, I have to receive the full berth of abilities and strength of mobs at all times?

Why can't a hard-hitting spell damage the head of a mob? Why can't thunder II blast off a goat's horns? Why can't fire II or flare burn a humanoid's legs to cripple them? Why can't blizzard II slow a mob's movement speed?

It sounds like once again, SE is only going half-way with their ideas. None of what is posted sounds bad, it just sounds incomplete.

New Odin
    BG Level

Incomplete game, incomplete features. They work on everything at once.

I hope they'll combine the two systems later on for some mobs (NMs).

Quote Originally Posted by Crizto View Post
    This isn't the kind of updates I want to see on that website
    It's not an update, they're just explaning shit I think.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

too bad BR's are just plain broken. Make it so it doesn't lock you out of combat and its a good idea. It should be a set of side commands that you setup & activate independently of your regular atk's. But it locking you out of combat, when I find that most of the time it doesn't work as intended, makes it worthless. Even if it did always work. Who wants to be fighting something - and while your setting up a BR the mob decides to WS you and nearly kill you... in this case you will die before you get to finish it since you can't do anything else.

I don't understand why they can't just import the XI WS system into XIV, this is basically the same thing but now w/ added affects. Only diff is your not locked out of combat in XI

Old Merits
    BG Level

I think these systems are designed for NM fights. Even in XI no one skill chained regular mobs, we just burned it down. On NM fights, however, you had tanks to hold the mob while setting up and doing skillchains.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    too bad BR's are just plain broken. Make it so it doesn't lock you out of combat and its a good idea. It should be a set of side commands that you setup & activate independently of your regular atk's. But it locking you out of combat, when I find that most of the time it doesn't work as intended, makes it worthless. Even if it did always work. Who wants to be fighting something - and while your setting up a BR the mob decides to WS you and nearly kill you... in this case you will die before you get to finish it since you can't do anything else.

I don't understand why they can't just import the XI WS system into XIV, this is basically the same thing but now w/ added affects. Only diff is your not locked out of combat in XI
    Probably because they would trigger all the time since all you do is spam attack.

Not saying the currents system doesnt need a fix, but I can understand why they arent triggering auomatically like in ffxi.

New Odin
    BG Level

Yeah it's a hassle to set up + mobs don't really have that much hp anyway so.. it's useless as it is now.

Quite interesting that you can enhance cross class skill potency with it.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Battle Regimen require a party; These Morons should fix party game play on top of anything before starting to give explainations of how something is supposed to work you will only use in a party....

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    The simple answer is that since players are already firing off their abilities randomly, these things would always take effect and never really be controllable. SC were hard enough to do without some random idiot messing things up by WS too early, if any and every attack could end up interrupting it they'd never go off right. This system gives a bit more control to the combat and tactics used in a fight as you have to plan out what effect you want to go for and who's going to be involved in it. Once the plans are made and everyone set their attacks, it can get fired off without worry of some asshat screwing things up.

That said, I agree it shouldn't completely lock you out of doing normal attacks while it's active.

New Odin
    BG Level

Fucking wonderful. People want fluff, people get fluff, yet bitching continues just like normal.

Why even bother? It's a good thing I'm not a dev, cause I would just say fuck it at this point.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    It's not an update, they're just explaning shit I think.
    Haha I know. But when they update the Lodestone page, I don't wanna see shit about party dynamics when parties are broken. Make's it look like they completely ignore the problems of this game (lol). Put some info on the website that is a bit more important for their current situation. No one gives a shit about Battle Regimens.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    So a mage can't do squat to influence a battle unless they're popping a skillchain with someone else? If I'm soloing as a lancer, I can cripple the shit out of mobs (and I've done it in beta by use of skewer II on some hapless humanoids), but if I'm soloing on a mage, I have to receive the full berth of abilities and strength of mobs at all times?

Why can't a hard-hitting spell damage the head of a mob? Why can't thunder II blast off a goat's horns? Why can't fire II or flare burn a humanoid's legs to cripple them? Why can't blizzard II slow a mob's movement speed?
    It's almost like you forgot the entire premise of this game. Equip Skewer II on your mage and go to town if incapacitation proves to be that significant for you when you're soloing.

Though I am personally disappointed that its automatic targeting, and not different parts being manually targetable on a mob like the offline FFs.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

wonder how embarrasing it can become for se, but this shit doesnt even work

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

it doesn't work regularly, it may work once then not the 2nd time you go to do.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    It's almost like you forgot the entire premise of this game. Equip Skewer II on your mage and go to town if incapacitation proves to be that significant for you when you're soloing.

Though I am personally disappointed that its automatic targeting, and not different parts being manually targetable on a mob like the offline FFs.
    Tried in P2. Lots of whiffing ensues. Would be better of mages could do something similar, though your point is noted.

Edit: Seriously though, you ever throw a melee WS on your mage? Its hilarious how inaccurate they become.

X2 Edit: Why try, Hyan? Because you want the money that Blizzard makes each month. That's why you try. The paycheck is well worth the bitching customer base, and they're going to bitch anyway, so you might as well go for the bucks.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Though I am personally disappointed that its automatic targeting, and not different parts being manually target-able on a mob like the offline FFs.
    What FF ever let you target body parts indiviudially? The only think I remember coming close are boss fights that have sereparate 'enemy units' on it's model.(IE: FFXII the airships with the lasers/cockpit/etc) I would hardly call that 'targeting specific body parts'. More of a boss 'gimmic'.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Could you imagine targeting body parts in this game? Pull up the menu > Select your body part to attack! *left leg* > Are you sure you want to hit there? > Yes! > Might I suggest you hit the torso rather than the left leg? > No! > So the left leg then? > Yes! > Wait 3 episodes of DBZ > Commence interactive hot + cold style mini game > *swing* > *whiff* > dead