1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 13 hours, 54 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 10 hours, 5 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 6 hours, 54 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 hours, 5 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Priran View Post
    I'm done with this game as soon as Gran Turismo 5 is out if it's still this bad by then.
    This.

I don't know why I went ahead with buying 5k Crysta on sept 21st, thinking they would have added stuff that wasn't in the Beta. I was wrong. I was actually thinking about emailing SE and seeing how far I could go to get my 50 euro back for the 5k Crysta. Or Paypal would at least get it back and then SE would have to take the 5k Crysta from my account? Granted I could just reactivate with that Crysta at later point, which I'd most likely do when they get this shit sorted. It's more the principle that I don't want my money in their lap at this point for half a game.

Small chance I'll keep it up regardless of GT5, but then I'd need to find something hella fun in the next 2 weeks, which yesterday sorta provided for me with a little group exping.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Would'a been nice to have a poll D:

I'm going to wait and see what the update notes are, but at the moment I wont be paying for next month. Luckily I'm on a guest pass account, borrowed the game to install and used a free month, so I haven't given SE any money.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

Sounds like pretty much everyone is going to give the game another look by at least ps3 release. Which is what some of us said to do in the first place...

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Most people expected PC launch to be little more than a paid beta. If people aren't happy paying for that they should come back when the game is sorted. If you want in on something new from the start you have to expect issues. It's not just specific to games, look what early iPhone 4 adopters had to put up with for example. I'm sure that thing went through a beta testing phase too. Look how shit Windows Vista was when it launched, or most technology products. Being first in isn't for everyone.
    See u all in March/April

Just FYI, no one had to buy any credit to get the free month...

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I completely forgot about Gran Turismo 5. The B-spec mode alone will keep me busy until at least March, and there's a slew of games on the horizon that I want to play, so this actually comes at a great time for me.

Less of my RL friends than I expected are playing FFXIV. I know 3 people that have the CE, but didn't even install it due to not having the time to grind, and since they all played beta and know what to expect and what's currently going on in-game (OB Phase 2 but with real characters), they're in no rush to work a second job when they come home from the first.

I feel bad for my LS, because I wanted to be the go-to guy for weaving, but it kinda did slap me in the face last night that I was basically coming home from work and working my second job on the crafting assembly line, just with the ability to talk to some good people while doing so. The sight of high-definition mithra ass walking by isn't enough to keep me working 2 jobs for 1 paycheck, and actually PAYING my second job instead of getting paid.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by plue View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean, Windows Vista is STILL shit...
    I knew someone would say that. But really it's nowhere near as bad now as when it was released.

I use vista and have 0 issues with it /shrug.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

FFXIV currently reminds me of the repeat of XI, with massive bugs, lag, slowness of stuff.

The people that stuck through the crap at the start, became the well known craters/high level character on the HNM scene etc later on when Xi got more popular after all the bugs were fixed. Its the people we looked up to when NA got XI and looked through the AH or went exping, you just saw them everywhere, with the best gear/name all over the AH making millions. Atleast this time I'll be able to do it, instead of just JP this time to the PS3 people.

Game has alot potential, and seeing as it is following almsot the exact steps as FFXI did, expecting the same.

Also as people mentioned DoW stuff is somewhat slow compared to crafting, Although its going to suck when my physical level is 50 before getting a class to Lv 40's probably...

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...cicuid=1007956

For example this guy
    already lv42 physical

Not even waiting the end of the trial period. Bad game is bad, and deserves to be cancelled.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm guessing the next major version update is in November or December. As such, I'm sticking with it until then to see if it gets any better. If I don't enjoy it any more than I am now (I mostly enjoy crafting), I'll probably wait until more content gets added.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    FFXIV currently reminds me of the repeat of XI, with massive bugs, lag, slowness of stuff.

The people that stuck through the crap at the start, became the well known craters/high level character on the HNM scene etc later on when Xi got more popular after all the bugs were fixed. Its the people we looked up to when NA got XI and looked through the AH or went exping, you just saw them everywhere, with the best gear/name all over the AH making millions. Atleast this time I'll be able to do it, instead of just JP this time to the PS3 people.

Game has alot potential, and seeing as it is following almsot the exact steps as FFXI did, expecting the same.

Also as people mentioned DoW stuff is somewhat slow compared to crafting, Although its going to suck when my physical level is 50 before getting a class to Lv 40's probably...

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...cicuid=1007956

For example this guy
    already lv42 physical
    That's pretty much how I'm looking at it as well. Holy shit @ a 42 phys too lol.. I seen a 34 highest and I'm @33 myself but that's nuts.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    I use vista and have 0 issues with it /shrug.
    But dude, your moms printer didnt work with vista and ofc, it's all vistas fault not the manufacturer not getting drivers out in the 3 year span they had to do so!
    OMFG WINDOWS 7 ROCKS ( oops you mean real vistasp1 ).

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Garona

I agree it has potential but most of that potential is stuff that Alpha/Beta should have resolved. I'm hopeful but I'm also realistic and not expecting them to open communications with the player base nor am I expecting them to fix a lot. If it's taken them this long to just release the game in a half-assed state, I can't imagine having all of these "little things" ready to be fixed 8 days after retail release.

EDIT: I also don't think that new players will be interested in a complete menu system. Those of us who played FFXI won't mind it as much as we are sort of used to it but those who are new to the FF MMO genre, it might be too much to take on. It's nice to be able to click on icons and monsters to loot them, drag and drop into the UI and also be able to click on materials and craft without jumping over hop after hop.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Meko View Post
    I agree it has potential but most of that potential is stuff that Alpha/Beta should have resolved. I'm hopeful but I'm also realistic and not expecting them to open communications with the player base nor am I expecting them to fix a lot. If it's taken them this long to just release the game in a half-assed state, I can't imagine having all of these "little things" ready to be fixed 8 days after retail release.

EDIT: I also don't think that new players will be interested in a complete menu system. Those of us who played FFXI won't mind it as much as we are sort of used to it but those who are new to the FF MMO genre, it might be too much to take on. It's nice to be able to click on icons and monsters to loot them, drag and drop into the UI and also be able to click on materials and craft without jumping over hop after hop.
    FFXI had pretty shitty launch too with bugs everywhere, server lag, no AH... hardly anywhere to go, basically the same thing were playing now with 2010 graphic standards.

in 1 year PS3 people (sort of like the NA people to XI) with an expansion, and then 2-4 year into that the golden age like XI probably.

At least this time, I'll be the one with 100mil gil by the time the PS3 (aka NA) get on the server and not just "the jp" like it was for NA launch on XI. (hope that amde sense just wokeup, at work and boss is walking around >.> )

Xavier

I've been pleasantly surprised by aspects of the game (crafting, for one, I find enjoyable), but the bugs and menu lag (which have been complained about since early beta) greatly diminish the experience for me. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I can't picture myself continuing to play short of a major patch in the next few weeks. The core game is solid, but the lack of content (outside of grinding), and systemic steps backward from FFXI (lack of an auction house, proper search function, etc.) should alarm everyone.

I've noticed people comparing the launch of FFXIV to FFXI, arguing that 14 is likely to follow a similar trajectory. That's wonderful news; I'm giddy with excitement. Under that assumption, I can look forward to playing the game again in earnest sometime around 2017, when the Abyssea development team is given the opportunity to design actual content.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Gulkeeva pretty much covered my feelings on the matter. Even though I didn't have the experience of being in XI early by any standards, I did see how and where the game evolved to during my playtime and I have no reason to believe that this will be any different. I only see myself quitting in the foreseeable future if we're a year into the game and we're in the exact same state we are right now.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Garona

For me, the biggest difference is the times. It's 2010 now and nearing 2011, things like this "wait til 2-5 years from now when it's good" are just utter fail for me. With all of the new MMO's coming out and those yet to be named, it's going to be impossible for SE to wait that long. I'd say the window of allowance for players from 2003 to 2010 is a much smaller window. While "back in the day" it was OK to wait for things to happen over the course of weeks/months/years, it's not the same in 2010. Everybody expects results now or at least some sort of confirmation that they are being worked on for "soon". I for one don't want to pay SE for 2-3 years in hopes they'll turn it around but to each his/her own.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I'm not sure. I've played on and off since the alpha but it's not really improving for me. However, I do expect it to improve and it would be a shame not to make the most of the time to at least do some serious crafting. I'm not as interested in this as I thought I might be, it's not really drawing me in.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Unfortunalty, i don't think the game will get that far. And the only people that will admire you will be the 100 maybe 200 that are still playing on your server. But eh, i could be wrong. I was the best geared Assassin on AoC. Then shit died and i had to sell my character. Sucks cause i actuallly liked the game but a low population just doesnt do it for me

To answer OP: No

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

FFXI had pretty shitty launch too with bugs everywhere, server lag, no AH... hardly anywhere to go, basically the same thing were playing now with 2010 graphic standards.

in 1 year PS3 people (sort of like the NA people to XI) with an expansion, and then 2-4 year into that the golden age like XI probably.

At least this time, I'll be the one with 100mil gil by the time the PS3 (aka NA) get on the server and not just "the jp" like it was for NA launch on XI. (hope that amde sense just wokeup, at work and boss is walking around >.> )
    This is what I dont get. why are ppl comparing a 2010 mmo to a 8 year old game being like "it has the same launch issues." This shouldn't be the case. Back then the mmo competition was sparse so ppl checked back into a game. That wont happen to 51%+ of the ppl now-a-days.. Nobody expected the launch game to be perfect, but it being stripped of so many basic necessities is mind boggling. Don't compare this game to WoW's or XI's launch, compare it to the launch of other more recent mmo's like WAR for example (w/had a great launch - it was just lacking anything to do in engame and t4 content sucked to even lv in).

And furthermore, SE isn't even rolling out fixes.. they are gonna make ppl wait for the version update. W/ a game that has this many issues you roll out fixes asap, you don't expect ppl to pay to wait