1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 13 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 46 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 10 hours, 13 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 23 hours, 46 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    Changes are magically decided upon, coded, tested, compiled, and inserted into the game in that little 4-hour window during which you can't play.
    fixed

welcome to a square enix mmo

Did you just give up?

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Turns out, he just creates arguments so he can serve up a punchline for his tired, sarcastic joke.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Who gives a fuck if they can't implement an XI style AH?

What they need to do is implement a search function, eliminate the ridiculous freezing when checking a bazaar, and allow you to purchase from any bazaar your character can see. Those three fixes right there immediately improve the economy while still keeping their "vision" of how we buy/sell items.

Although I'm concerned with how it will work buying items if they implement a search. If I'm in the market wards, I want to be able to buy anything from any instance. I don't want to search an item, only to then teleport around while tracking down some dickwads naked galka. Rinse and repeat for every item I'm looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    Perhaps you weren't aware that there's already an Auction House in game, but it just isn't operational?

http://img823.imageshack.us/i/auctionhouse.png

Or possibly you just didn't see the interview where they actually hinted that there will be an Auction House, or at the very least something "functionally equivalent", just not immediately:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

All they have to do is make the "Auction House" collect and aggregate all the data from everyone's Retainer, and display it in a nice Auction House like format.
    Missed all of this. This is very good news. Thanks for posting, I'm sure others besides myself missed this too.

There is hope for this game afterall.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Watch that Auction House in the picture just be like a long ass tunnel that takes you to the Market Wards lol

Banned.

BG Level

Turns out, he just creates arguments so he can serve up a punchline for his tired, sarcastic joke.
    I'm sorry, clearly there's a single example of a SE update that was actually tested that I'm unaware of.

p.s. Claiming someone is "creating arguments" when you basically derailed the reviews thread for 2 pages by taking a quote ludicrously out of context doesn't really work.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Pro Tip: Announcing that you're implementing system's adjustments/updates in the near future suggests that you have been actively improving on it before it was announced. Changes aren't magically decided upon, coded, tested, compiled, and inserted into the game during that little 4-hour window that you can't play during.
    Well dammit, they should be!

/stomps off in a huff.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Um... wut? Where did you read that they were planning to add search with the upcoming Market Ward changes?

We will be closely monitoring the trends and developments of the market system following the implementation of these revisions and new features, and will continue to make further adjustments and alterations to improve player usability and convenience. For example, we are currently looking into options that will provide players with precise information as to which items are located in which market areas, or the ability to seek out specific items without the need for speaking to retainers, and more.
    I'm sorry if my reading comprehension fails but.. This is just saying they're considering adding a search function not that there will be one with the changes next week (?).

MOST RAD.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pupuru Puru
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Already canceled, I might give it a try again at PS3 release but I doubt it. I've already been through this stuff with SE and FFXI before. I'm spent.

I only went browsing the XIV forums cause I saw that gif of tf2 sniper dancing next to a 4.0.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

where is gif? or post please

Banned.

BG Level

not sure where people get off using TF2 to mock a shitty game but there it is

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

surprised its not a cliche WoW dance.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    This is just saying they're considering adding a search function not that there will be one with the changes next week (?).
    My mistake, I completely forgot that the last part about the search function was a later date thing. Either way, my original point stands that they are working on making the Market Wards suck at least a little bit less. Even they have to know that an eventual search function is a necessity to make the retainer system less of a gigantic, disappointing headache.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Unfortunately not re-subbing, but not why you think...I'm actually fond of the game, my 2 year old laptop just can't handle it. I was hoping the release client would run much better but it doesn't.

I have a feeling I'd be really enjoying the game despite flaws instead of being insanely frustrated with 5 minute NPC loading wait. I still have fun but can only tolerate it so long.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

My mistake, I completely forgot that the last part about the search function was a later date thing. Either way, my original point stands that they are working on making the Market Wards suck at least a little bit less. Even they have to know that an eventual search function is a necessity to make the retainer system less of a gigantic, disappointing headache.
    Reading back over XI notes, AH went live 26 days after JP launch. So one should expect non suckage within the same time frame.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I'll be playing off and on for a month or two and give SE a chance to get some fixes and updates, but they have a very small window to hold my interest. I wasn't expecting a ton in the way of content ASAP for a new release, so I'm not shocked there. But for the love of God, fix the slow, clunky antiquated UI...it's ridiculous. Having to click through 6 or 7 menus and take 45 seconds to start every synth is annoying as hell. That, and add either some sort of organization and search function for retainers or an Auction House and my outlook will improve greatly.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

Quote Originally Posted by Priran View Post

not sure where people get off using TF2 to mock a shitty game but there it is
    L O L. I fucking love it and every bit of that review Gamespot put out.

I've been hammered with classes this last week but I don't even feel like logging in to do my 36 hour leves anymore. The game is a god damn train wreck from a design perspective and I just don't want to deal with it anymore. Hope they keep getting blasted by the gaming media and they get their asses in gear soon because I'm not paying for beta again after this month.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sunnlona Iyrnlohwyn
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    Perhaps you weren't aware that there's already an Auction House in game, but it just isn't operational?

http://img823.imageshack.us/i/auctionhouse.png

Or possibly you just didn't see the interview where they actually hinted that there will be an Auction House, or at the very least something "functionally equivalent", just not immediately:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

All they have to do is make the "Auction House" collect and aggregate all the data from everyone's Retainer, and display it in a nice Auction House like format.
    People keep using this pic as proof there will be an AH. Have you actually talked to that NPC, he talks about the screams coming from behind the door. It is much more likely a sort of jailhouse/courtroom. Unless those wails and screams are of people selling their item for 10,000 when they meant to list for 100,000.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

*insert screenshots of the unreleased XI Tahrongi-style soccer field*

Proof they are adding a soccer field.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast