FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Tampa bay sucks regardless.

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Is the chiefs beating indy not an upset?

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    While the Packers are clearly awesome, if they're going to lose a road game to an inferior opponent this would be one they'd lose.
    You know, I was considering the Redskins for the upset. But I don't think Washington has what it takes defensively to shutdown that high powered offense. Rodgers can throw 2-3 ints and still win the games with ease against weaker opponents. I don't see the Skins turning turnovers into points consistently. Unless Ryan Torain has a monster game, I don't see the Pack losing this game. McNabb isn't accurate enough for this to be a shootout. Upset relies on Ryan Torain's impact IMO.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Skins play a bend-but-don't-break D, giving up all the short passes but taking away the deep ball. My fear is that we'll dink and dunk into the red zone with ease but not be able to score TDs, and the Packers D is so raped with injuries that the Skins can put up 28.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

bro mcnabb stinks, pack go this

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

btw me saying that is giving you the kiss of death

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I think if the Redskins can run the ball and control the clock, they're gonna win. But that goes for 75% of all NFL games. If you can run the ball and stop the run, you win. If you control the clock, (most of the time) you win. This Packers team is pretty banged up and is not the same Packers team of 2008 or 2009. Who have they played thus far? They killed the Bills, which they should have, but they were close in games with Detroit, Chicago and Philly.

The defensive schemes tend to change week to week for the Skins. They played the cover 2 shell deep to take away DeSean Jackson & Maclin as deep threats against Philly, and they blitzed less than they did against St. Louis. I think the defense *can* be good, but they haven't show it consistently yet. They are 31st in the league in yards allowed, 31st in passing defense, tied for 12th for rushing defense, and they have given up the MOST first downs in the league.. so they have a hard time getting off the field. They don't have that many sacks, but they do get held a LOT, especially Orakpo. I think they'll turn it around. I also think they'll win this game at home, considering the injuries to the Pack.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

While the Packers are clearly awesome, if they're going to lose a road game to an inferior opponent this would be one they'd lose.

Morgan Burnett (SS) is out for the year, as is Nick Barnett (ILB). Nick Collins (FS) is out for the week at least, as is Brandon Chillar (ILB). Yes, you read that right, both safeties and both middle linebackers are out. And then on offense, Mark Tauscher (RT) is out too, so Bulaga will probably get his first start against Orakpo.

If there is any talent at all in the Skins offense, this is the week they break out. And the Skins have managed to shut down Owen Daniels, Jason Whitten, and Brent Celek, so I'm not sure how Finley will break out against them. Those 3 tight ends combined didn't break 100 yards.
    As far as holding the TEs, I wouldn't put much into that. Owen Daniels hasn't done squat all season since coming back from the torn ACL. Brent Celek was never targetted by Vick either, and Kolb looked as lost as a lamb when he came in.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    As far as holding the TEs, I wouldn't put much into that. Owen Daniels hasn't done squat all season since coming back from the torn ACL. Brent Celek was never targetted by Vick either, and Kolb looked as lost as a lamb when he came in.
    I dunno. Their pass D yards rankings are fucking terrible, and that's without tight ends doing anything.

I'm not saying they'll shut down the pass game (as if that's possible with Rodgers slinging it lol) but I think they'll take away Finley over the middle.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

No way I'd compare Finley to Celek or Daniels this year, lol. Hell, even Witten. Romo inexplicably didn't throw it Witten's way for a lot of that game in Week 1, but Daniels and Celek have been trash this year for varying reasons.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    No way I'd compare Finley to Celek or Daniels this year, lol. Hell, even Witten. Romo inexplicably didn't throw it Witten's way for a lot of that game in Week 1, but Daniels and Celek have been trash this year for varying reasons.
    Ok ok fine Finley is boss and is going to rape.

Better?

Jesus, I try to be down on my team for one week and you guys won't let me. Packers win 38-9.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

It's not that you're trying to be down on your team, it's that you're trying to be up on the Skins.

Tagus

In an exciting turn of events, I am actually the Bears 3rd string quarterback this week. I filled out the job app 12 years ago at the fire department entrance exam, and finally got a call back... they had a little booth off to the side.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Ok ok fine Finley is boss and is going to rape.

Better?

Jesus, I try to be down on my team for one week and you guys won't let me. Packers win 38-9.

It's because we saw thru the act. Can't fool us!!!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

packers are the most complete underachievers maybe lol. the defense, special teams, and running offense are all way under expectations for one reason or another, and now 4 defensive starters are sitting this game out too. green bay will win but i don't think it will be pretty unless they get their shit straight all of a sudden this week.

Tagus

Is it wrong to think the Packers are the best team in the NFC? I still don't really understand how the Bears beat them. Da Bears typically suck a fat dick on Monday Night, and also against the Pack, with the exception of Urlacher & Briggs.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

THe Colts are 2-2 and KC is undefeated. I don't really think you can make any definitive statements at this point lol.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Drex View Post
    packers are the most complete underachievers maybe lol. the defense, special teams, and running offense are all way under expectations for one reason or another
    The play of the defense is about what I have expected, and there was no particular reason to think the special teams would be any better than last season (although Mason Crosby has kicked very well so far). Running offense is obviously just Ryan Grant's injury - personally I was expecting the passing offense to be more explosive - Rodgers just hasn't quite looked as in sync as he's shown he can be - the first few series of the Philly game being the most obvious example, and Jennings has dropped a few deep balls that he should've caught.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tagus View Post
    Is it wrong to think the Packers are the best team in the NFC? I still don't really understand how the Bears beat them.
    No, and 18 penalties. Any more questions?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast