+ Reply to Thread
    I am hope.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

My TV screams and turns off

I have a Vizio VA26LHDYV10T. After about 2-5min of being on it will quickly flash white and the speakers will make low tone buzzing sound. It will do this for around 5min, then just shut off and not come back on for a few hours. I have cracked it open to look for the typical bad capacitors or fuse. Even though it's not under warranty I called the company. They basically said 'We have no idea what it is, but ship it here and for $150 we will fix it'.
    Any idea what to look for or what I would even Google for would be appreciated. And if you think it might be something I already checked, tell me, I may not have looked for the right thing. '

Thanks in advance.

I am hope.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Sameless self bump.
    I still have nothing, so any ideas would be helpful. Really, anything, tell me to pour soda on it if you think there is a convincing reason to do so.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Mici View Post
    I have a Vizio VA26LHDYV10T. After about 2-5min of being on it will quickly flash white and the speakers will make low tone buzzing sound. It will do this for around 5min, then just shut off and not come back on for a few hours. I have cracked it open to look for the typical bad capacitors or fuse. Even though it's not under warranty I called the company. They basically said 'We have no idea what it is, but ship it here and for $150 we will fix it'.
    Any idea what to look for or what I would even Google for would be appreciated. And if you think it might be something I already checked, tell me, I may not have looked for the right thing. '

Thanks in advance.
    There's your problem in all seriousness. I doubt you'll have an easy time fixing it sounds like a main board issue. I would find a TV repair shop in your local area and see if there's anything they can do. Only problem is by the time you spend the time and money diagnosing whether it's actually repairable it'll probably be better to just invest that money towards a new one. Again just from the sound of issues it sounds like you're either looking at replacing major components like the whole main board.