1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 16 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 7 hours, 44 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 9 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 0 hours, 44 minutes
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blacksmithing 21+     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Blacksmithing 21+

Havent had much issues with affordability until R21. I did Iron Needles from 20-21 which is cheap but uses a hell of a shards fast. Anyone can give some advice or planning on what to make taking it upto 30ish?

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin View Post
    Havent had much issues with affordability until R21. I did Iron Needles from 20-21 which is cheap but uses a hell of a shards fast. Anyone can give some advice or planning on what to make taking it upto 30ish?
    Bronze Gorge Hooks and Iron Axe butts.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Pretty much anything you're doing with Iron takes a shit loads of shards, and it's only getting worse. But you could do what I did with armorcrafting, and powerlevel it with some cheap rank13-20 synths, sure they only give only about 120-180 skill points and you'd like to see those tasty 200-300 skill point gains, but from my experience it's really the best way to do it until the skill point gain drops somewhere below 120. I got to around rank24 ARM with rank13-15 synths (bronze ingots, wires, rings & chains).

So if I were you I'd just open the rank11-20 blacksmithing list from lodestone and look for a cheap synth from there, or try to get thousands of shards and keep going with the iron needles, as you're going to be needing huge amounts of shards anyway. Just that you know, at 25+ it's very easy to use few thousand shards in a couple hours if you just sit powerleveling your craft.

Shit's crazy.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anthonystar View Post
    Bronze Gorge Hooks and Iron Axe butts.
    Thanks for the input, its really hard to tell what to do now because any of the sites I see dont even have what level required for a synth.

I will try these, I just tried to make iron squares with my 16 ARM, and I cant make those so Iron Axe butts prob out of the question for now

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Those 2 items have got me to 27, but now the exp gettin low on them

Suggestions for 27-30+ ?

Banned.

BG Level

can't wait to get my 14 day trial to play this and get in to crafting like I did in FFXI.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

there's a lot better ways to get to 10 posts than necrobumping old threads... like taking the next day or two to posts in active threads.