1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 11 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 12 hours, 51 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 4 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 5 hours, 51 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 117 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Narol View Post
    favouring the JP complaints over the NA ones.
    Are the Japanese' complaints much different?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teia Rabishu
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

They are in that SE cares more about them.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

That didn't really answer my question... I was just under the impression that the Japanese players had pretty much the same major complaints as the English speaking players... though they feel even more "betrayed."

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    What is wrong with it? More in depth than any current MMO out, only downside to ffxi is the time commitment imo.
    Yeah that's what I was getting at.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elrina Miona
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Friend showed me these, and they seem more like compilations of reader reviews with an average, but ~ I haven't seen anything mentioned yet of japanese reviews anywhere (other than Amazon), so figured I'd share.

http://www.4gamer.net/games/092/G009...serreview.html

http://onlinegame.dz-life.net/titles/ff14/review.html

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Who is the murder of FF?
    Square Enix said it to me.
    I have killed my arrogance.

Who saw the FF or die?
    I said it to the user.
    Saw die in my eyes.
    lol

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Then there’s the nickle-and-diming. The $10 monthly fee only grants you access to the game. If you want an actual character slot, that’s an additional $3 a month per slot. Square Enix should actually be investigated by consumer protection groups for pulling this kind of stunt.
    This is the babbiest of the babby complaints. Really my favorite. Kind of indicative of people who are looking for something to hate.

My view of the game right now: horribly unfinished. The core has potential but they aren't showing themselves to be using much of that potential.

How XIV turns out for me depends on three main things:

will they balance the monsters better for party play / make them more interesting?

Are they going to make more interesting zones / more "alive" feeling? Sure, it's pretty, but it's pretty monotonous too.

Are they going to tighten up the code?

Don't care so much about the menus as long as the code doesn't make the menus hurt...

This game's really old school. Environments and npc / character interactions are so bland.

I don't regret my CE purchase too much, I got it for collecting mostly. I knew my computer most likely wouldn't run it. I have faith overall SE will make it more interesting, I just hope they push themselves more....

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Seriously, stop using non-words like 'babbiest.' It makes you sound like an imbecile and there isn't a person alive who doesn't roll his eyes every time you reach for it in your vocabulary.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

What is wrong with it? More in depth than any current MMO out, only downside to ffxi is the time commitment imo.
    Vanguard is much more in depth and has zero instances also. Something like 75 open world dungeons. Of course no one plays that either due to it's terrible launch a few years ago.

I agree i tried going back to XI and i just can't. All SE had to do was take XI, get rid of ridiculously huge time commitment, and make a fluid combat system that allows for freedom of movement. Why is it so difficult for them to understand that how we interact with their world is much much more important than how beautiful it looks?

Tio forgot to mention the main key to success, which is how many people can SE fool into playing this prehistoric dinosaur in hopes that it will get better at some point in time.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

If there isn't any AH, I expect to be able to check anyone's bazaar in less than a second, just by clicking/tabbing to the player, [ctrl-c, enter] > Ready to buy stuff!

Takes too long going through the damn menu now.

Also create an alternative channel in the wards, and have retainers auto-spam their wares/price.

Quote Originally Posted by Narol View Post
    Considering it didn't have the AH yet, there was a limit on how many people could be in Jeuno at once, soloing past 10 was beyond a pain in the ass, and camps were such that 5k/hour was considered good (remember, not even Jungles existed back then) with 10k/hour being considered godmode, I'd say FFXI sucked quite a bit at release.

This is why I have some amount of faith that FF14 will get better over time. Doesn't excuse it from not having some things it should've had right at release, but I'm not making any final judgements yet.
    This was May 16, 2002... more than 8 years ago. Is it really "allowed" to make a new game, from the same company/team that has LESS features? SE should have delayed the release of FFXIV by at least a year. That way they could have gotten in the NECESSARY FEATURES and released a COMPLETE PRODUCT instead of this trash. I am making my final judgments today. After a decade or more of MMO development in house and they shit out this turd 2010?

NOT OK!

JP ONRY! lol

also lol:

# They should recall this game! (63%, 1,021 Votes)
    # It's pretty bad. (18%, 289 Votes)
    # It's pretty good. (12%, 191 Votes)
    # It's perfect! (7%, 118 Votes)

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

So, it being "not allowed" for MMOs to be released too early in 2010 means it will never be good?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

FFXI is an amazing game, you really can't say anything to contrary. It may be a big time sink, but lets face it its a damn good game.
    I agree, I love XI and its a really solid game. There's still many, many things that need altering in it and it could be x10 better if SE weren't such dicks. I can't believe so many people are saying 'other people' were the problem with it, must suck to have shit friends

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alderaan View Post
    Vanguard is much more in depth and has zero instances also. Something like 75 open world dungeons. Of course no one plays that either due to it's terrible launch a few years ago.
    Vanguard is a horrible game. Terrible launch or not, it's still as shitty as ever. With depth or not.

Same goes for pretty much all the MMO's that had a terrible launch so far. It always seems like after release they aren't even trying anymore (lack of funds probably).

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    Vanguard is a horrible game. Terrible launch or not, it's still as shitty as ever. With depth or not.
    In my opinion, it's a much better game than XI and XIV. Can call me crazy i know.

New Odin
    BG Level

Well at least it sounds like it's a much better MMO than the rest of 'em, with the emphasis on open world.

But yeah, lol.. can't agree with ya there, but to each their own.

I wonder who at SE will be demoted first. Anyone know a good video editing tool that isn't sony vegas?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by millionsknives View Post
    I agree, I love XI and its a really solid game. There's still many, many things that need altering in it and it could be x10 better if SE weren't such dicks. I can't believe so many people are saying 'other people' were the problem with it, must suck to have shit friends
    XI is a soild game because it has had time to develop.

Edit: I retract what i said, they are just raising level caps because they want to keep the playerbase playing. Probably even more if XIV fails.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackheartX View Post
    I wonder who at SE will be demoted first. Anyone know a good video editing tool that isn't sony vegas?
    Power Director? I think that's what it's called.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 117 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast