1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 2 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 0 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 9 hours, 2 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 8 of 117 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    You are talking about the company like it was some single individual lol.

America used to be cool too
    Share victory, share defeat. We all know it takes a lot of cooperation and ground-giving to put something like this together, but jesus, if you can't agree on how to do something or on what direction to take, don't do it at all. Just... do anything but... this.

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Nobody is making us play anything. Fyi.
    Oh I know this, and that was not the point I was trying to get across. It's just mind-boggling for me that a company can release a $70 product, and then tack on sub. fees for a game that is still light years away with being a fully-functional, fun to play MMO. Its sad that so many of us have anticipated this game coming out, and receiving such a load of garbage. People compare FFXIV to FFXI and state facts like "Oh FFXI didn't have alot of things when it was first release, maybe FFXIV will do the same thing". When FFXI came out, none of us knew what to expect, so any addition was unforeseen (to a point). SE has apprently learned nothing, and has taking every good aspect of FFXI and threw it out the window in hope of creating a whole new way to play. What they came out with was ffffffff. I have cancelled my subscription, and will check it out again in a gew months.

tldr; Failure to comprehend how a company like Square-Enix, can fuck something up so royally and expect people to pay $$ to participate in a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Beta

Algoth

Quote Originally Posted by Blasta View Post
    Or you can watch Gamespot's review over and over again like i do. It just fucking destroys the game, and some of the comments are said so hilariously. It's guaranteed enjoyment, i mean the reviewer says that only masochists can play this shit lol.

My favorite quote from the video:

"Why doesn't the game use standard hotkeys? WHO KNOWS."
    That review was surprisingly entertaining. :D

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Shaskoru View Post
    Apparently so.
    Didn't see that one coming.

Who are you, again? Did I wrong you in some way I'm not aware of?

Pro bono dimestore philosophy: the greatest fools are those who are convinced they can't be.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Staghelm

Quote Originally Posted by el_tio View Post
    Didn't see that one coming.

Who are you, again? Did I wrong you in some way I'm not aware of?

Pro bono dimestore philosophy: the greatest fools are those who are convinced they can't be.
    4/10. Seems familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    <3

The good news, though, is that with this whole crysta thing, I never have to "unsubscribe". When the crysta runs out on the 22nd (since I didn't buy any), it'll just keep my account active while not allowing me to actually play until I buy and allocate more. I don't have to worry about them deleting my character or anything (which is good, since I have much bux).

Edit: HOPE! CHANGE! I drank the Obama Kool-aid in '08, but this reality is even worse than these past 4 years. Obama cannot control every thing he wants to do in office, because there are so many hurdles to jump through; no president can. SE, however, had the power to put out an excellent product, as they used to do in the past.
    Someones really naive.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

hmm fully Hack and slash MMO.... I like it. Still utilize TP though

sorry Thought I quited Seph

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

This game is kinda' fun. :3

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ffffffff View Post
    tldr; Failure to comprehend how a company like Square-Enix, can fuck something up so royally
    Your expectations of SE are too high.

Vanguard is a horrible game. Terrible launch or not, it's still as shitty as ever. With depth or not.

Same goes for pretty much all the MMO's that had a terrible launch so far. It always seems like after release they aren't even trying anymore (lack of funds probably).
    Dude what the fuck? Your spoiler sig is like hella creepy...

lolffxiv and yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by outzaidur View Post
    This is how I reason when I buy firearms. I paid good money for it and I intend to use it. *goes out shooting up a high school or 2*
    Ksandra, ban this fag. I know I can be a troll but wtf? jokes about shooting up schools?. . .

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    This made my day

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

.....this thread....is about people being raging angry back and forth....it's not nearly as fun when it's not fucking up some random (ripostes dumb thread) dude's thread......

ffxiv is dumb??? any takers?

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

And thats the point. Keep the raging/trolling/white knighting in this thread, cause if it leaks -> Time Outs/Vacations will be served.

Trigun

26 million dollar rage quit... this whole gen of gaming is... I'm tired of using the word ridiculous...

we'll go with daft.

shit was so daft.

and to all the posts/posters in this thread...you are...

/cry

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Who's mad? U mad? o_0

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

this is why blizzard > SE

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...87856197&sid=1

Rather than try and address multiple threads, I'm just going to plop our current thoughts in this one post. Please excuse the brevity.

1) We think Fury, Arms, Feral cat and Retribution dps is too low and we will be buffing them.

2) We think mage dps is too high, especially Fire, and will be nerfing it.

3) We think Shadow priest dps is too high, but that's largely a result of Shadow Word: Death spam, which is tough on healers. We'll be fixing that.

4) We think Destro warlock dps is too high, but that's largely a result of Searing Pain spam, which is tough on tanks. We'll be fixing that.

5) As we suspected, PvP dps is just too high given that the health pools of Cataclysm haven't kicked in yet. While competitive PvP is over for the moment, we still want the environment to feel better so we will be buffing resilience. This change might be reverted at level 85.

There will probably be more changes after another night of raiding and BGs. Many of the bug fixes we have made today will affect dps as well. Stay tuned.
    Patch came out yesterday and they're already admitting fault and going to try and fix things.

I wish SE would take a page from Blizzard's PR book.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    this is why blizzard > SE

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...87856197&sid=1

Patch came out yesterday and they're already admitting fault and going to try and fix things.

I wish SE would take a page from Blizzard's PR book.
    I have never played wow....this is....amazing, it's like fucking god talking to you

- Yeah that afghan thing is fucked up and it's tough on the healers, this will be addressed

- With the internet ramped up to high speed, cities electricity pool's (EP's, like MP in video games) has been taxed, I will be implementing the discovery of controlled fission.

- Cancer as a means to reduce server lag, while necesarry at the time, will no longer be needed due to the aformentioned addtion of fission and spaceships, it will be removed from play, to be re-emplimented at later possibly

Fucking I need to play wow.....

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Are you really that dense that you don't think running software beyond your system's capabilities or current performance will cause slow down? Really?! Really?!!!?!1!?!?!!1 REALLY!?!11!11 Enough with the retardedness okay?

As I said, the problem exists at both ends. Fact is, some people have the settings turned up higher than their system can reasonably handle, or are playing on default when they should be lowered a bit. That causes slow down. It doesn't mean there's no issues server side too.
    System graphical settings and the like are complety different than the server lag issue.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 117 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast