1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 38 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 0 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 9 hours, 38 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    They did so well with the English translating of the game, why can't they get someone to write update notes that are less cryptic and emit a sense of personality?
    Needless fluff, my dear. As long as they hammer home the point that they're righting their wrongs, I wouldn't care if its in some ancient Gaelic language.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Needless fluff, my dear. As long as they hammer home the point that they're righting their wrongs, I wouldn't care if its in some ancient Gaelic language.
    The entire beta period didnt give them enough time to figure this shit out? In 6 months they couldnt find these issues I found a week of playing? Release a fucking complete game, dont ask people to PAY monthly fees for an unfinished beta.

Dammit Steve of the House of Weave
    BG Level

I think they should just scrap their market ward idea already. It'll never work. Or it will, but never as good as an AH so why bother? Just tweak AH setting(aka no price history, add minimum bid, buyout price, and a auction time) and be done with it so they can focus on other issues. I'm hoping they add in auto sort, possibly fix retainer lag, and adjust SP gain for combat classes. I'd be pretty happy with those, but I won't hold my breath. I can see them fixing a few bugs(I hope it's the 30002 error) and just changing the wards though; typical SE.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    The entire beta period didnt give them enough time to figure this shit out? In 6 months they couldnt find these issues I found a week of playing? Release a fucking complete game, dont ask people to PAY monthly fees for an unfinished beta.
    Now now, settle down. SE knows better than you, remember.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by CrstyCptSteveWitherspoon View Post
    I think they should just scrap their market ward idea already. It'll never work. Or it will, but never as good as an AH so why bother?
    I really dislike the Market Wards and the retainer system. Its a cash shop for SE in them promoting ppl to buy multiple retainers to bazaar multiple types of stuff. Yes, you can bazaar weapons in the body armor ward, but why get that extra tax? It's their way to get ppl to buy multiple retainers and I just don't support it. They just support the cash shop idea by saying its for a player economy, but I don't think searching multiple bazaars while praying you don't get ripped off is a player defined economy. If anything it supports ppl getting ripped off.

For example: The other day I spent an hr looking for a new staff... after 20+ bazaars I saw a few that had a staff and i ended up buying it for 25k from "X" bazaar. 5 minutes later while running to an aetherite I check a passerby's bazaar and see it for 20k.. shit pissed me off (not that I lost 5k, but that there is no AH)

Hay guyz, I was Shinebox but now I'm not!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Don Katsu
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    I really dislike the Market Wards and the retainer system. Its a cash shop for SE in them promoting ppl to buy multiple retainers to bazaar multiple types of stuff. Yes, you can bazaar weapons in the body armor ward, but why get that extra tax? It's their way to get ppl to buy multiple retainers and I just don't support it. They just support the cash shop idea by saying its for a player economy, but I don't think searching multiple bazaars while praying you don't get ripped off is a player defined economy. If anything it supports ppl getting ripped off.

For example: The other day I spent an hr looking for a new staff... after 20+ bazaars I saw a few that had a staff and i ended up buying it for 25k from "X" bazaar. 5 minutes later while running to an aetherite I check a passerby's bazaar and see it for 20k.. shit pissed me off (not that I lost 5k, but that there is no AH)
    and it's sucks because this happens all the time. Prices are inconsistent for the game to have an economy. People are just going to get more desperate to get rid of their stuff and undercut by larger amounts. The chances of someone buying your stuff even when you undercut are significantly lower than placing something in the AH at the current selling price.

Here is to hoping they reduce some of the menu lag

edit: nvm.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I really hope they add in something for the market ward... or throw it out, either way I'll be happy. Like today I wanted to buy some dyes to make sheep leather. yg had a nice little list of people on my server selling it so I figured it would be quick, except having 250 retainers crammed into a small room doesn't make it easy to find people so I ended up giving up after 15 minutes of mindless searching.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

They said they were doing the item-specific ward organization this update. It'll help a lot, but you still have to dig through rooms of bazaars to find what you're looking for... I can't wait for the possible future search function.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    They said they were doing the item-specific ward organization this update. It'll help a lot, but you still have to dig through rooms of bazaars to find what you're looking for... I can't wait for the possible future search function.
    That is, provided players don't view the tax increase as minor or, gasp, raise their price to cover it and just stay in w/e ward they want to.

green jellybean
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    That is, provided players don't view the tax increase as minor or, gasp, raise their price to cover it and just stay in w/e ward they want to.
    eh.. as long as they clearly define which ward is what everyone benefits from trying to keep their retainer in an appropriate ward. The only caveat would be that I hope the first ward is miscelaneous because I could see that filling with random stuff for the few people who don't care. My only fear is if SE decides that just altering taxes is enough, and leave it for the players to figure out which ward gives what bonus; I honestly would not put it past them to do this.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Pretty sure they already stated what items go in which wards. The item type is under the item name in the inventory.

While I hope that this more than just the Ward categories I'm wouldn't be surprised if that's all it is. They really need to give us some auto sort and reduced this ridiculous lag mainly in retainer menus.

Let us pray.. lol

Oh and... I'm still waiting for the fucking retard that puts his retainer full of moko grass in the weapons and armor ward.

New Odin
    BG Level

I think there'll still be random shit in the wrong wards, but in a smaller scale.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Ghostlands

I agree about the updates notes being junk. After all these years is it too much to ask for information that didn't need a secret decoder ring, and extensive player testing to learn what should have been provided from the start?

Also, how about a little insight on what and why the servers will be down. "We will be adding more blah blah and addressing blah blah." Instead we wait for notes to come out after the maintenance and wade through the fluff.

Lastly. Fuck the wards. Scrap them, make them Mog Houses. Going into the Market Wards is asking for someone to punch your genitals with a spiked fist as you waste time looking through retainers with 10 Moko Grass all in 1s and at 999,999,999.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Goddammit. I rushed here after reading that other thread, expecting my eyes to glisten with joy, like a fat Swedish kid left alone in a bakery for the night.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Tiny. It took about 30 sec. via the official downloader.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

potentially silly question:
    Why does "everyone" seem to think that this is meant to be a version update (beyond just bug fixes)? People seem to be expecting something very soon, but I haven't seen any official information about that. Is there some dev. posting I have missed about additions, or is it just hope that it will be coming based on the "we're going to look at this" comments from SE?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

For one, they said this update was going to divide the Market Wards into these: http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...7cd1af570568aa

Other than that, we don't know what they're fixing.

New Odin
    BG Level

Well, the line between VO and patch is a bit blurred currently. We should be getting the marketplace changes in this update if it hasn't been delayed.

Now what do they mean by "content" and what is simply "adjustments" is unknown. Changing existing content is probably "adjustment" while implementing completely new features is "content". And that should be around 2 months away still.