Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I enjoy tapping my sisters fine ass
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    They will probably update that gives draw-in to all ironclads.
    they fucking better not, would make the dragging of that bastard to 00 while i do box quest for smn seals that dont exist impossible, they need to relocate that fuckers spawn point.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Nah I doubt they will do a fix to the giant specifically. They might change something with the zone or put something there. I bet people will get banned over this and they are most likely doing this to show precedent that they don't like pinning period.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Wonder why they would give the position though, or did OP add that in?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Dear, SE.

Fix your fucking game and stop hiding behind TOS.

Thank you.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Oh I had no idea of this pin spot. I was thinking of a fairly weak pin spot behind a little wall near conflux 00. Guess they don't care about normal pinning?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Nah I doubt they will do a fix to the giant specifically. They might change something with the zone or put something there. I bet people will get banned over this and they are most likely doing this to show precedent that they don't like pinning period.
    Well judging by the second statement, this is false. There is a difference between pinning and locking a mob. In the case they mention, the mob is immobilized and judging by the posts on the last page: you are capable of resting while he stands there swinging at nothing.

Pinning requires continued input from the user - which is simply using the terrain; their statement on terrain use is that it is fine (as seen in the second line).

tl;dr: pinning ok, locking bad.

Kinda glad it isn't this spot:

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

There were just some shitty JPs (2 SMN 1 WHM) doing this on Gilgamesh. I called GM when the Ironclad was still at like 80% GM "assured" me investigation would take place after I specifically mentioned this update note.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...vunkcheat1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...vunkGMchat.png

All of their "effort" led to this:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...vunkcheat2.jpg

It's about half an hour after the kill and the JPs are still sitting afk outside of the maw. Gotta love selective enforcement of rules!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

There is a spot that is exactly the same as this in the coast. Saw an LS here using it on Pulverizer.

tarubaby you should really consider contacting an SGM about this. this is a blatantly demonstrable example of the GM being flatly incompetent. it's rare we get the opportunity to so clearly say "look. here's the latest rules, hot off the press, and here's how it was ignored." it's not likely anything would be done, but at least we could all get some entertainment out of how poorly their customer service performs.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Am I wrong in thinking that this basically 100% OKs pinning, and only deems things such as WOJ against the TOS?

Well.... like they said, pinning requires you to do actions (and you can still get hit), while for something like WOJ you're pretty much perma "out of range"
    @Tarubaby: You should have MPKd them with Lord Barney <.<;

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Tarubaby View Post
    There were just some shitty JPs
    Why say anything more? That covers it. It's been said on these forums and elsewhere a thousand times already: every region has different levels of enforcement and forms of quality control.

Imagine what it's like when shit you report changes hands, and the recipient on the other side of the ocean doesn't give a damn. That's why people have always been so Goddamn frustrated over the years.

It's honestly too bad we can't hear from anyone who deals with JP GMs to really find out what they do (if anything) about reports. Of course, their screenshots wouldn't make sense to 99% of the people on this board without a translation, anyway.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Wellllllllllllllllllllll. Fonovi, Isitti, and Osomatsu haven't been seen on Gilgamesh for over a week. Maybe the system DOES work? If so <3.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Tarubaby View Post
    Wellllllllllllllllllllll. Fonovi, Isitti, and Osomatsu haven't been seen on Gilgamesh for over a week. Maybe the system DOES work? If so <3.
    Probably. I'm sure it takes a while for the Japanese GMs to take action on something an English-speaking GM is told.