+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Current Known Issues 10/14/10

Oct. 13, 2010 22:00 [PDT]

As of Oct. 14, 2010, we have confirmed the following issue. Investigation and recovery work is currently underway. We ask for your patience in this matter until the issue has been resolved.

[Issue details]

- In Abyssea - Vunkerl (I-8 ), it is possible to use the terrain to stop the movements of certain Notorious Monsters, enabling the player to take almost no damage in battle.

- Although the use of terrain in battle is not a violation itself, taking advantage of the above issue is considered terrain abuse, which is a violation of the user agreement.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter.
    Not positive what the specified spot is, but if it is one that does require continued movement this announcement contradicts the whole "if you have to keep moving to stay alive it's fair play" tact.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

It's just a shitty pin spot behind a wall at 00. I don't see why they bother patching something like this when nearly every single zone in the game has a pin spot of some sort.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Not so shitty when gimp players can solo Ironclad Executioner for pluvaile

aduidarnenye

Didn't know you could glitch the iron giant like that. It's already super easy and fast to kill. I don't see the point. Are some players really that bad?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Wonder if people will get banned over this, I know some that did it over and over selling the drops. The mobs attacks were unable to connect with the player at all using this game mechanic.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by aduidarnenye View Post
    Didn't know you could glitch the iron giant like that. It's already super easy and fast to kill. I don't see the point. Are some players really that bad?
    It gets pretty bad when you can rest on him and he still swings his huge sword that hits nothing

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Tavjon View Post
    It gets pretty bad when you can rest on him
    Where is this possible? I have yet to see this.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I've watched it, its a pretty shitty exploit, I hope they ban people over it as it really does take all the challenge out of it, I've already killed the NM dozens of time kiting it in front of bastion, sometimes MPKing people with it cause of its true melee damage attacks, and true conal aoes in bastion while fighting it... such a guilty pleasure.

is this a pinning exploit or a situation where ICE will essentially stand still and wait for the player to pound him into oblivion? i find it interesting that they directly assert that terrain is NOT an abuse and it seems to me that it's a clear statement in favor of pinning, something that's been tossed back and forth on its legality among players and waffled on by GMs who are never on the same page.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

You put the Iron Giant at the top (or probably bottom) of the steep cliff near where the Marid NM spawns. Then you nuke him to death while he tries to give you a haircut.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

This issue has been brought to GMs attention which is the only reason they're talking about it. People have asked if this specific pinning tactic is legit and this response is a stern "no".

At the best they find a way for the Ironclad to get to you and continue to attack and at worst SE says any and all pinning tactics are off-limits and people get paranoid as fuck as to if some random idiot is going to call a GM and get someone perma'd.

Honestly this is different than a Krabkatoa pin but it's SE so predicting their actions is nigh impossible.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.htm...08497257493552

This is the spot, in the Morose Marids. You stand at the bottom, the only thing that hits you is Arm Cannon. Watched someone kill it last night this way. The Arm Cannon has knockback, so a couple times he had to run back up the hill and drop down again. But majority of the time you just stand at the bottom.

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

So glad this isnt where i kill Iktomi at...however that spot is 1 fuck up and its a wrap depedning on how hard he wants to hit :<
    Edit: or if you're me and are the unlickiest fucker in the world because you manage to proc yellow !! twice because you deaggro it and then wipe at 10%.....................but continue on with this iron clad stuff!

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Bet SE only bans NA who used such an exploit...

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'd rather gimps have used this exploit to kill it quickly than waste 2 fucking hours DoT kiting with rdm/nins. If I had a nickel for every duo of (mostly jp) rdm/nins I've seen Bio II onry kite it around for hours...

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

definitely saw this coming. the brainless pinning of ICE was obviously an exploit since it took all danger of him killing you out of the equation.

i'm quite glad that they've openly expressed that normal pinning tactics are ok tho...

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Log of justice gonna get removed soon.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vagus View Post
    Log of justice gonna get removed soon.
    Are you talking about the log south of the Speltercaps? It's possible to pin stuff there pretty easily, but it's no E.Ron fence.

This sounds a lot more like wall of justice than anything else. Its using the properties of the terrain to permanently render an enemy unable to attack the player. Granted, I was fine with wall of justice b/c well, f**k av, but this is just being lazy and cheap. I'm usually very open to creative abuse of terrain and other tools to get it done, but this crosses the line for me. Neat trick, neat oversight, neat picture. Now that we've seen it, it needs to go.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

They will probably update that gives draw-in to all ironclads.