• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
    New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Thinking about this as my next monitor. Any opinions?

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...y=#ReviewStart

Read pretty much all of the reviews on the site (mostly the bad ones) and they really don't scare me away since I've had the same problems in the past with both gateway and asus monitors. But just wondering what you guys think, especially if you own a monitor from this manufacturer. Kinda on a budget ATM which is why I'm considering this particular monitor, but if it's really not worth it I'll just save up for a better one.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-VH242H-23...dp/B001LYPIIS/

Slightly smaller, but known to be very reliable, and comes with a warranty that lasts three years, not one. To give you an idea of how overwhelmingly praised it is, look at its NewEgg reviews:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824236052

Buy it on Amazon, though, to avoid taxes and fees (assuming you're in the United States). The peace of mind is worth the extra ten dollars, although through Amazon, it may actually be cheaper for you when it's time to check out. Then when you want more space later on, just buy another one and go dual monitor.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Blah, completely forgot to check Amazon for some stupid reason. But yeah that asus is a much better buy and it already has 1 each of HDMI and DVI inputs which is exactly what I need. Plus, as you said, its cheaper in the end so gonna go ahead and buy this one.

Thanks ^^

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quality over size. Don't skip out on monitors shipping costs to send back for dead pixels really blows. Asus, LG, Samsung, Viewsonic. Anything single digit refresh rate will be fine for most games but I usually stick in the low numbers 5-8 at max.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Kalima View Post
    Blah, completely forgot to check Amazon for some stupid reason. But yeah that asus is a much better buy and it already has 1 each of HDMI and DVI inputs which is exactly what I need. Plus, as you said, its cheaper in the end so gonna go ahead and buy this one.

Thanks ^^
    For sure. Its colors may be a little washed out at first, so you'll want to calibrate it for vividness.

Don't forget to write down the serial number and register it on the ASUS website for warranty support.