1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 55 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 19 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 14 hours, 55 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

FINAL FANASY XIV, Version Update (Oct 15, 2010)

Official post:http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...d4c19715154f30

A version update of FINAL FANTASY XIV was performed at the following time.

*The software client will begin updating automatically the next time you run FINAL FANTASY XIV.

[Date & Time]
    Oct. 15, 2010 at 1:45 AM (PDT)

[Affected Service]
    FINAL FANTASY XIV

[Important Update Details]

- Market wards have been modified as follows:
    * Wards are now assigned specific item categories.
    * Items corresponding to a ward’s item category will receive lower tax rates than items that do not correspond to the category.
    * For an example of the new ward names and item categories, please visit the following page:
    ( http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...7cd1af570568aa )

- Targeting and selecting a retainer will automatically open their Bazaar.

- The party bonus system (which awards bonus skill points for battles fought in a party) has been changed so that the bonus is awarded based on the number of fellow party members in the same area who are within the appropriate skill rank range, not simply the total number of party members.

* The party bonus system awards more points when there are more party members within the appropriate skill rank range.
    * In this case, "appropriate skill rank range" means a skill rank no more than five ranks lower or higher than your own.

- The maximum numbers of crystals and shards each character and retainer is capable of carrying has been changed to 9,999.
    * With the maximun numbers of crystals and shards that can be transferred at one time through trade and bazaar will remain as 999.
    * This is a temporary measure and crystals or shards obtained in excess of this amount will automatically be discarded. The system is undergoing a fundamental redesign and adjustments will continue to be made.

* Caution on numbers that can be traded at one time through trade and bazaar has been added at around 2:50 PDT on Oct. 15, 2010.

- NPC display priority has been modified. This will ensure that important NPCs, such as Baderon, are displayed first.

- An issue where the retainer would not appear when summoned with the Summoning Bell has been fixed.

- An issue where the retainer would be visible to other players when summoned with the bell has been fixed.

- An issue where text commands could be used to equip items that the player should not have been able to equip has been fixed.

Groovebox

I like this game and all, but I wonder if SE realizes that they should probably release a patch of some sort that will retain some of the thousands of people that will be quitting before the next billing cycle.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

Market Ward fix really needs ppl to have multiple retainers to work properly. Especially with the way they've separated the wards. They've almost made them too specific.

Another pt sp tweak is welcome, nothing really ground breaking in this update though.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Buttons Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I can't believe they haven't added more thogh. Inventory sort where are you....

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Can't believe mobs are still leashing WHILE im fighting them a month into release.

Xavier

I can't believe anyone is surprised.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I do like this version update, a few things were fixed. Market wards finally make a little bit of sense, but without an auction house it is incredibly hard and time consuming to find the items you want. Market wards dont encourage price competition. Sadly the only way SE I think will get on the ball of giving us stuff people want is when the free 30 days run out if people just start cancelling their service... I really would love to see this game successful but jesus christ SE, DO SOMETHING...

The market ward change wont... change... anything. Like it's been stated, people will want to sell mats/weps/armor all from the same person. Which gets screwed now since someone like myself that makes parts, wands, and shields will get taxed on 2/3 items.

Overall this update gets a 2/10.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    The market ward change wont... change... anything. Like it's been stated, people will want to sell mats/weps/armor all from the same person. Which gets screwed now since someone like myself that makes parts, wands, and shields will get taxed on 2/3 items.

Overall this update gets a 2/10.
    Screwed by being taxing exactly the same amount as before the update, while others may get an amazing 3% advantage?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rysan Wulfric
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

The wards are way too specific. As an armorer, I really get hosed. They should have split the armor up into cloth/leather/metal instead of what they did. I understand why they did it, but this really is annoying for armorers, weavers and tanners.

Quote Originally Posted by Rammses View Post
    Screwed by being taxing exactly the same amount as before the update, while others may get an amazing 3% advantage?
    Point is, it doesn't matter because no one is going to have 3-5 retainers to sell their wares in different wards.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Could someone please link the English version of the list of the new Wards on Lodestone? You get sent to German one through the link in the version update notice.

Almost everyone is still placing their retainer in the first ward simply because it's the first on the list and therefore the most browsed one.
    The 3% fee discount is negligible for people who sell the same kind of items in the corresponding ward, let alone for those who sell various kind of items.
    I'd take more people checking my bazaar over that anyday.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

this is fucking retarded, 3% isnt near high enough to encourage ppl to change wards, and I get fucking hosed b/c I can essentially either pick to sell boots, gloves, or body armor as a tanner.. leave it to SE to redo their idiotic idea in the most idiotic way possible

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Rysa View Post
    I understand why they did it, but this really is annoying for armorers, weavers and tanners.
    It's horrid for my goldsmith self, too. I've been making assorted weapons for different DOW and DOM classes, jewlery, circlets (head armor) to sell, plus bits from leathercraft on the side while I skill it up to repair my own gear, just... ugh.

The market ward change wont... change... anything. Like it's been stated, people will want to sell mats/weps/armor all from the same person.
    What's the point in an update if it achieves nothing? Especially when it was the main "selling point" of said update.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rammses View Post
    Could someone please link the English version of the list of the new Wards on Lodestone? You get sent to German one through the link in the version update notice.
    I get this link from the NA site: http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...7cd1af570568aa

It's just a link to a post that is a couple of weeks old though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooom View Post
    What's the point in an update if it achieves nothing? Especially when it was the main "selling point" of said update.
    That's what I would like to know! We would all need 20 retainers to make this system work. They need to implement a WoW/Aion like AH, where there is not price history, just the people who are currently listing their items. That way if all the items are gone the market will reset on that item more so than it would with a price history.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

are you really trying to sell 20 items at once?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

With this update we really should've gotten extra retainers b/c what person sells multiple items that will really go into one ward...
    {Extra retainers}{Can I have this?}
    {Inventory sort}{Can I have that too?}

I know a few people that were gonna hold off from playing until they give more retainers b/c they are 80/80 on themselves and retainers who refuse to drop their mats that are fully synth'd. XD I'm almost at that point too.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

The only way I could see the wards working is if they made it so items are sorted by which craft made the item section, material types section, and then have a few misc ones.