1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 1 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 22 hours, 44 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 18 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 2 days, 15 hours, 44 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    Sounds like chocobos and airships are taking longer than expected =P
    what does it matter if they reduce the anima cost lol?

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Really couldn't ask for more to keep me on the line, good stuff.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Tempyst View Post
    Pushing out the game far too prematurely is what landed them in a lukewarm launch to begin with, I'd prefer it if they stuck with a conservative schedule to be honest
    Yup. It's better to plan to release an update a little later than it might actually be ready than it is to be unable to release the update by the promised deadline.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Wow SE, I'm impressed

Quote Originally Posted by Tempyst View Post
    Pushing out the game far too prematurely is what landed them in a lukewarm launch to begin with, I'd prefer it if they stuck with a conservative schedule to be honest
    While I agree, some stuff would be nice to have in a week or two. Mainly Auto-sort and the anima fix. There's no reason those should take so long as they've already done the anima fix once. And auto-sort really shouldn't be that hard to program.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    While I agree, some stuff would be nice to have in a week or two. Mainly Auto-sort and the anima fix. There's no reason those should take so long as they've already done the anima fix once. And auto-sort really shouldn't be that hard to program.
    With the way they have the UI setup (heavy heavy server reliance) it could be a bit harder since unlike XIV, XI let the client handle the bulk of work.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

They want me to see more of the game, so they're paying my tab?

I approve.

Looks like Obam-- I mean SE are starting to pull through.

Nut Steamer
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

YES SE CAN

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

they are still asking ppl to wait until november / december for critical changes. So I don't feel like giving them any more money until said time

edit: did the notes mention anything about regulating skill gains and not making it so RNG based?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Anybody see the drag-and-drop feature that they're planning? A shame this game is getting with the time- err, I mean, turning into WoW! What's next? Inventory sorting? Chocobo mounts? Click-over stat updates on gear? Socketable gear?!!!

Ye' gods, this game is apparently doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    they are still asking ppl to wait until november / december for critical changes. So I don't feel like giving them any more money until said time

edit: did the notes mention anything about regulating skill gains and not making it so RNG based?
    So when they don't have features, people complain that they aren't there. And when they plan features, people complain that they aren't here RIGHTNAO!!

Chill people, they're coming, and it's not like you have to give them money anyway cause of the extra free month and all. By that time, you'll have your features, and wouldn't have had to pay for them.

I seriously see no reason to be angry until after the trial period. Just don't play until then or deal with it.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Anybody see the drag-and-drop feature that they're planning? A shame this game is getting with the time- err, I mean, turning into WoW! What's next? Inventory sorting? Chocobo mounts? Click-over stat updates on gear? Socketable gear?!!!

Ye' gods, this game is apparently doomed.
    Am I getting wooshed or are they really implementing drag and drop?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

No whoosh. And I quote from here: http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...e6fc02b03b1184

"Looking beyond the late-November version update, the team is also working on introducing drag and drop functionality to the Equipment & Gear and Actions & Traits menus, map markers indicating the location of party members, a method to initiate message input in the chat log without having to press the space bar, and more."

Eat a dick, WoW-haters. SE knows who the kings of the MMO scene are, love them or hate them. You can take your "hardcore" and your "intricacies" and choke on it.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    Am I getting wooshed or are they really implementing drag and drop?
    "Looking beyond the late-November version update, the team is also working on introducing drag and drop functionality to the Equipment & Gear and Actions & Traits menus, map markers indicating the location of party members, a method to initiate message input in the chat log without having to press the space bar, and more."

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Reznuh
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

i got bored with WoW six times (that's canceling & reactivating my account five times since release) but the one thing i always loved was the UI, i don't see how anyone could ever complain about SE copying it... i was hoping for a better patch last night, but all of this extra info has me pretty happy concerning FFXIV right now. of course it is always good to stay pessimistic w/SE...but i think things are looking good.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Another significant addition planned for the December version update is the introduction of notorious monsters (NMs), which will appear in open areas and on guildleves (faction leves). Coming together with the notorious monsters will be a wide variety of new items and rewards, and future version updates will usher in all-new content centered around these formidable new enemies.

Further details regarding notorious monsters and associated new loot will be released in Topics posts as they become available, so be sure to check in regularly!
    Incoming kings. At least they tell us which ones to focus on?

Vuitton

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Inventory sorting?
    Inventory sorting is already planned.

–Inventory Sort Feature
    The late-November version update will include the addition of a feature that will allow players to sort their inventories.
    Which I bet will only like FFXI's basic sorting features. You have to manually select auto-sort every time you want to sort, and you'll be able to manually rearrange things.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I alrdy canceled by account, I wonder if the extra month still applies to me since I registered on sept 22

Honorary Wanglad
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaist Vaughn
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

A lot of nice and needed changes but nothing mentioned about adjusting durability wear on items or making skill gains less random on DoW/DoM classes. If they fix these two issues then I won't have anymore major complaints against the game (presuming they do a good job on the already mentioned adjustments).