1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 49 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 10 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 3 hours, 49 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 6 hours, 10 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol
    Quote Originally Posted by Vuitton View Post
    Inventory sorting is already planned.

Which I bet will only like FFXI's basic sorting features. You have to manually select auto-sort every time you want to sort, and you'll be able to manually rearrange things.
    Zomg doom and gloom! What is the world coming to! Stop copying shitty games~!!

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Holy Shit this is what I wanted to hear, planned on sticking it out anyway but at least I won't be alone now. 8)

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Eat a dick, WoW-haters. SE knows who the kings of the MMO scene are, love them or hate them. You can take your "hardcore" and your "intricacies" and choke on it.
    I lol'd at that more than I probably should have.

Also:
    Players will now be able to re-map all functions to any key (other than Esc)
    Yesssssss!

Personally, I couldn't imagine how the hell they planned to ever have PVP without giving us the option for custom keybinds.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Probably a little too harsh, but there are too many vocal idiots around here crying about retaining "purity" and "intricacies" and blabbing about how XIV somehow has some greater form of immersion because it takes 5 times longer to complete the task of navigating through a menu as the competition.

Then they cry about how they don't care if SE makes money or not, so long as they can play the game they want to play. Too bad SE does care about making money. That game won't be around much longer. SE knows they have to get with the times or ship the fuck out.

I welcome these changes. The game sounds like its going to be much, much better come Jan. 1.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Inventory sorting is great... lets hope they don't fuck it up and forget the automatic sort, though. Something along the lines of the light luggage windower plugin, please.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

fucking finally.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

It's awesome to finally see some positive posts regarding FFXIV, I'm glad I picked up the CE last Friday now.

As far as autosorting, I always liked how it was in FFXI once they made things that stack stack on their own. Sometimes I would like to be able to scroll to the bottom of the list to reach newly obtained items for some situations. So if they make it like FFXI I will be damn happy.

I can't wait to get home and browse the wards for a change. Also for the person who said people checked the first 3 the most, I always start at the bottom and make my way up, usually avoiding the top 3 because they were too ridiculous to even attempt. I would assume others have done the same to avoid killing themselves.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Better yet would be to simply have the same style of options they had in FF7/13/ect. where you can pick the type of auto-sort you want. Sort items by name, by type, ect. More choices are always better, so long as those choices aren't translating into 30 new menus we have to click through.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Bravo SE, you've begun to pull the airplane out the tailspin.

New Odin
    BG Level

Probably a little too harsh, but there are too many vocal idiots around here crying about retaining "purity" and "intricacies" and blabbing about how XIV somehow has some greater form of immersion because it takes 5 times longer to complete the task of navigating through a menu as the competition.
    I've been looking for these people lately, but haven't seen 'em. Can you point me in the right direction (presumably not Core or ZAM)?

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

after reading the note from the developer all it screams was "help me save my sinking boat"

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Good stuff to see! They have at least finally explained the importance of groups ( more people w/in 5 skill ranks = higher skill gains in battle) so once they fix the RNG of skill points for the classes, the game should be much more stable and enjoyable.

The 30 free days is a nice gesture, considering they may be losing over 1 million dollars because of it (assuming 100k players are still around (or where ever)) I sure will be playing.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    after reading the note from the developer all it screams was "help me save my sinking boat"
    It's pretty much going exactly the way of XI right now, aside from more transparency. Even the extra free month was done before.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Holy fuck lol.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Well SE, I was happy to leave and not look back, but l'll try the extra 30 days and see how this patch fares...

It's a step in the right direction. But really, when an inventory sort function is a major patch note, and makes me so happy, you know something must have been terribly wrong before -_-

Very happy to hear we will get seasonal events After reading how much they didn't like doing them in XI, I thought they might be dropped!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Arximiro View Post
    It's awesome to finally see some positive posts regarding FFXIV, I'm glad I picked up the CE last Friday now.

As far as autosorting, I always liked how it was in FFXI once they made things that stack stack on their own. Sometimes I would like to be able to scroll to the bottom of the list to reach newly obtained items for some situations. So if they make it like FFXI I will be damn happy.

I can't wait to get home and browse the wards for a change. Also for the person who said people checked the first 3 the most, I always start at the bottom and make my way up, usually avoiding the top 3 because they were too ridiculous to even attempt. I would assume others have done the same to avoid killing themselves.

actually that automatic sorting was a plugin that came with windower.

and about the wards, i did the same thing..

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    I've been looking for these people lately, but haven't seen 'em. Can you point me in the right direction (presumably not Core or ZAM)?
    Look no further than CasualPlayer and Architophel, who would rather the game keep its clunky UI and 10 minutes to craft an object, citing "immersion and intricate systems", than see the game become FFXI: WoW Edition with click-drag mechanics and some semblance of modern design.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

No whoosh. And I quote from here: http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...e6fc02b03b1184

"Looking beyond the late-November version update, the team is also working on introducing drag and drop functionality to the Equipment & Gear and Actions & Traits menus, map markers indicating the location of party members, a method to initiate message input in the chat log without having to press the space bar, and more."

Eat a dick, WoW-haters. SE knows who the kings of the MMO scene are, love them or hate them. You can take your "hardcore" and your "intricacies" and choke on it.
    Let me just say thank you for this. I haven't had a surrogate release of pent up anger this powerful since the last time I listened to the Mike Malloy show.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BTW if all these changes come and work well, would any of the major sites re-review the game? Hmmm....I guess they could wait for the ps3 launch.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Olo401 View Post
    Let me just say thank you for this. I haven't had a surrogate release of pent up anger this powerful since the last time I listened to the Mike Malloy show.
    Not a problem.

@Toth: I've seen companies put footnotes at the end of old articles citing a revision, but we'll probably see a brand new review come PS3 Launch. There's nothing that they could say right now that would change the scores, as nothing has been implemented yet. As Hyan said: its all "fluff" at this point, because nothing meaningful has been put in the game yet.

Everyone knew that they'd have to churn out a shit-ton of content patches and updates. Every reviewer knew this as well, and they all mentioned it, but until the game actually "plays" differently, there's nothing to do with the review scores.

This game will not receive a review that raises the score out of "should have stayed in beta" until it actually comes out of beta. It's not there yet, judging by this Oct. 15 update. We can have this discussion again in a month, and again come January.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast