1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 41 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 18 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 21 hours, 41 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 12 hours, 18 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Keyboard Settings
    Several new functions will be added to the keyboard, such as a key used for targeting NPCs
    Players will now be able to re-map all functions to any key (other than Esc)
    Camera with the arrow keys!

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    BTW if all these changes come and work well, would any of the major sites re-review the game? Hmmm....I guess they could wait for the ps3 launch.
    Only the ones without some kind of bitter vendetta or bias, because it sounds like it's going to be a new game in 2011.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    Only the ones without some kind of bitter vendetta or bias, because it sounds like it's going to be the game we were promised in 2011.
    Fixed that for you.

Edit: Actually, both are correct.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Even though you get a 30 day free trial, if you cancel during that 30 days you no longer get access to your account lol.. when it says opposite that in the ToS

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah it sounds like that game will be up to the point it should have been at launch in December (assuming nothing goes wrong...). The next thing I want them to work on is a proper player search, it was the one change I was really hoping they would address sooner rather then later. For a genre designed around social interaction (MMORPG) they make it really cumbersome to find people you actually want to socialize with. Also with a proper player search make it possible to remotely invite people into a party (and not just through the party 'search' system) and allow us to upgrade linkpearls without having to actually be right next to the person we want to promote -.-. All together I am happy for the changes, and extremely happy they extended the free trial. There were a couple people that were going to leave soon if not for these changes, but not they might stick around.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Theres no reason why the need to wait yet another month to roll some of these updates out. Sort function is np, key mapping is np, loot stuff is np, etc etc.

This is one of my few gripes I have with SE and their MMOs, they feel the need to wait till a certain time to release all the updates, when they should be rolling these out the second they get them working. Granted down the road (see XI) theres not a huge need to implement them as they come in, in fact it's better to wait, but with XIV in the condition it's in, they should be pumping out an update twice a week.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    actually that automatic sorting was a plugin that came with windower.

and about the wards, i did the same thing..

Oh yeah, I guess I used Windower for so long I forgot that was a plugin.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    actually that automatic sorting was a plugin that came with windower.
    windower did it first, but SE added one like 2 years ago.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    This is one of my few gripes I have with SE and their MMOs, they feel the need to wait till a certain time to release all the updates, when they should be rolling these out the second they get them working. Granted down the road (see XI) theres not a huge need to implement them as they come in, in fact it's better to wait, but with XIV in the condition it's in, they should be pumping out an update twice a week.
    I can only think it's because they want to maintain some quality control with regards to the server and client running smoothly. Updates 2x a week could be utter hell for the stability of both if they make random fuckups like they normally do.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Nice to see SE take a response to this. Although the thing that shocked me most was the return of NMs. Hopefully they don't pull some BS like 21+ hour spawns.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Doubt they will do the 24 hours spwns again, they can already make the equivalent of 21-24 hour NM's by using the Guild Leve system. The open world ones are probably going to be either 1. 30 minute to 4 hour spwns. 2. 21-24 hour spwns but they don't have items people absolutely 'need' and will be more like walking nightmares to feast on unaware peasants =D. They mentioned back in Beta they wanted to put Open World NM's in that would 'terrorize' people who weren't careful. I know some people used to team up in FFXI to kill Guivre despite him not dropping much of worth just to get him to stop killing people in EXP groups or other activities lol.

The sad thing is, if all these improvements were implemented on day One. This game would be averaging a 7 or an 8 on review sites.

I want to say "serves you right" to Square. And i will. Serves you right. Inventory sorting is not something you include in a version update. It should have been there during the open beta.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

It was in alpha but was removed because of "server load" caused by using sort.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Alright take what I said earlier back, I just browsed the battlecraft ward and found about 2 people selling weapons and 100 people selling dumb bullshit raw materials. Man this system is such a piece of shit, give me my mog house back for storage and put in a fucking auction house.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Stupid people are cramming shit into the first ward like pre-patch. I'm had a fairly decent shopping experience in other wards.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Melee weapons are always the primary item people are interested in. Assholes are taking advantage of that fact just for exposure for their worthless walnut and moko grass bazaars.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Alright, well in that case I'll give the other markets a shot.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I want them to eventually allow you to name your bazaar something other than your Retainer's name when you rent counter space.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Man I've fucked so many people up over the years with those White Knights, that avater makes me nostalgic.

Edit: Avatar ffs

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I wish they would have made Grocerer's Ward or some other useless shit ward the first on the list.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast