1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 6 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 53 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 8 hours, 6 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 1 hours, 53 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Arximiro View Post
    Man I've fucked so many people up over the years with those White Knights, that avater makes me nostalgic.
    I need my title changed to: First Strike, Protection from Black

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

but is a 2/2 really that much of a threat?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Couple of holy strengths and you're god on a horse carrying old spice.

Very glad to see this, no complaints here and I am glad because the game is too shiny and new for me to even recognize and experience bugs as of yet.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

Bravo, SE, bravo. Credit is due, where it is due. They listened, they saved themselves and a potentially excellent game from demise.

I had faith, blindly as it were, but SE came through in the end.

Yes, this should've been fixed in the beta -- but they did fix it now. Incoming massive content update and further fixes.

Oh yee of little faith.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Arximiro View Post
    Alright take what I said earlier back, I just browsed the battlecraft ward and found about 2 people selling weapons and 100 people selling dumb bullshit raw materials. Man this system is such a piece of shit, give me my mog house back for storage and put in a fucking auction house.
    I'm glad SE will finally release a finished game by late december... But yes, still not re-activating until there is a damn auction house...

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Jerseyprophet View Post
    Bravo, SE, bravo. Credit is due, where it is due. They listened, they saved themselves and a potentially excellent game from demise.

I had faith, blindly as it were, but SE came through in the end.

Yes, this should've been fixed in the beta -- but they did fix it now. Incoming massive content update and further fixes.

Oh yee of little faith.
    Its not fixed yet. When it is actually fixed, and not simply incoming, many people will probably return.

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Its not fixed yet. When it is actually fixed, and not simply incoming, many people will probably return.
    ^This, XIV has got a long way to go.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

Fair enough.

Personally, I am enjoying the broken vanilla version we're playing now. I absolutely, whole heartedly sympathize ...hell, agree, with the complains other players have - but still am finding satisfaction in the core elements of the game. I can't wait to see this finished version, in December.

I remember FFXI vanilla, pre Zilart, and can assume what other MMOs such as WoW vanilla, pre Crusade, were like. The updates are necessary fixes (the Anima is TOP on my list - or if you're gonna make us walk give us chocobos at least), and tasty additions (ie; NMs and further leaves). I can't wait.

And wait until <12 Months from now when they drop the first "Rise of the Zilart" on us. Level cap increase (FFXI was 50 pre-Zilart too, as you know), more jobs, etc. etc.

....and can a nigga get a mog house? I tried explaining the appeal of one to a WoW player that had never played FFXI. They saw it as a "why would you need that" thing. Hey man, hanging that Rank 10 flag in your house, above a mannequin in all the random dynamis shit you'll never use, or AF you cherish but replaced, as well as pieces from the first summer fest you got a purple coat in.... Yea. I want a mog house again.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jerseyprophet View Post
    ....and can a nigga get a mog house? I tried explaining the appeal of one to a WoW player that had never played FFXI. They saw it as a "why would you need that" thing. Hey man, hanging that Rank 10 flag in your house, above a mannequin in all the random dynamis shit you'll never use, or AF you cherish but replaced, as well as pieces from the first summer fest you got a purple coat in.... Yea. I want a mog house again.
    Here's your mog house:

http://www.ffxivcore.com/index.php?a...attach_id=6251

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Looks like White Knight Headquarters! D;

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

This, changes sounds like they should of been there for retail. I will play after the December patch, but even knowing its incoming I find the game more frusterating then its worth right now

New Odin
    BG Level

I doubt the game will be ready after December. The Nov-Dec patch sounds quite large which is good, but I think few more are needed to get everything sorted out.

But it's still of course good to see they're working on the right things at a reasonable pace. Not that I expected anything else at this point.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    I doubt the game will be ready after December. The Nov-Dec patch sounds quite large which is good, but I think few more are needed to get everything sorted out.

But it's still of course good to see they're working on the right things at a reasonable pace. Not that I expected anything else at this point.
    Which is why I'm gladly waiting until PS3 release... Glad to see SE taking this in the right direction though. Still wondering how they let the game release in its current state... Eh, just fix it and give me the quality I expect from SE in March.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

If it survives long enough to be launched on PS3. The subscription rates are dropping daily regardless of the extra 30 days. Currently they're not making any money on the game and without any large improvements quickly, you can't expect further people to purchase the game.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post

I agree. Sounds like the Nov-Dec patch is covering a lot of stuff, but still things (Like SP RNG) needs to be addressed. For me, I can handle a lot of faults w/the game, but its the UI lag and targeting system (mainly revolves around the clunkiness of the action bar) kills a lot of the enjoyment for me. I don't think the 30 day extra trial will help their numbers, because it's not gonna make ppl who don't enjoy the game in its current state start to magically play again.. they are still going to wait.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    If it survives long enough to be launched on PS3. The subscription rates are dropping daily regardless of the extra 30 days. Currently they're not making any money on the game and without any large improvements quickly, you can't expect further people to purchase the game.
    You think they'll run out of money or something? lol

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Spirits Within on a subscription system!

Worst case scenario is they just massively scale-down the server farm they've built out. Generally they take an up front hit for building out for a certain number of expected people. They definitely lose a lot of money by overestimating since you're locked in for a number of months. But they're not just going to shut the game down, we're not talking about APB here. Even in the worst case scenario, they'll probably be ok by just massively reducing their server farm. From there hopefully they'll be able to make necessary improvements and recover. It's not a matter of running out of money, it's that the higher ups decide that the risk of dumping more money into a black hole that isn't going to pay off is too great. Execs WILL kill projects over that. I can almost guarantee you that people have been / are being fired over some of the decisions made in FF14, and that the shit is in a perpetual state of fan-hitting over there right now.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Them offering an addition free month just proves how much better they would of been if they held the game back. I am surprised SE added more servers after launch tbh. All mmo's that do this, instead of forcing ppl to wait in a que for the first month, have to scale back their servers because ppl leave. And ppl may be leaving XIV faster then they did to other mmo's due to how poor of a game it is at launch. But recovering from a bad launch is hard. WAR hasn't been able to (and they had a great launch, their problem's didn't emerge until 40+ and end game), nor has AoC. Least I believes WAR has aged much better then AoC.

What XIV has that other mmo's don't is the "Final Fantasy" name and XI hardcore's who will prolly check back in w/the game about PS3 launch

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast