1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 7 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 52 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 0 hours, 7 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 9 hours, 52 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    You think they'll run out of money or something? lol
    Running out of money will be hard, but we've seen what happens to SE after a big flop. (Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within) I'm looking at you.

Sagacious Sundi

So I was swamped with school, work, NYCC, friends coming to visit, my birthday, and other family/friend events so I didn't get to play for a few days, and when I finally had hours of free time, it felt like such a load off my shoulders that I really only played for like 10 minutes. Yet I felt terrible for not taking advantage of free gameplay. Needless to say, I decided to visit the FF14 section after so long and was pleasantly surprised.

Good to hear, I suppose.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Actually youre kind of wasting your time playing now. Sure you could spend another free month to level up and such, or just wait for all these miracle patches come out, start playing at ps3 release again, and just play for 3 days time and be caught up, because there will be a search, more leves, petter party/solo mechanics, better xp rates, etc, etc. Same thing happened with XI, shit was horrid and took months to get to 50, but a few months later it only took a couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikarya View Post
    Running out of money will be hard, but we've seen what happens to SE after a big flop. (Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within) I'm looking at you.
    Err... what happened after that?

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Nevex View Post
    Enix about dropped out of the dealings at the time. Square stock was plummeting, investors furious and running for the hills, etc.

Sagacious Sundi

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    Actually youre kind of wasting your time playing now. Sure you could spend another free month to level up and such, or just wait for all these miracle patches come out, start playing at ps3 release again, and just play for 3 days time and be caught up, because there will be a search, more leves, petter party/solo mechanics, better xp rates, etc, etc. Same thing happened with XI, shit was horrid and took months to get to 50, but a few months later it only took a couple of weeks.
    Yeah, that was pretty much what I told myself whenever I thought about how much time I was "wasting" by not playing. I don't plan on playing much (probably only 5-7 more ranks on my main class + a few crafting ranks) during these extended days, but a headstart is still a headstart to me, even if it's only 3 days-worth of playing post-PS3.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

My goal is to just stockpile money moreso, since you know they are going to lower the rewards for leves due to RMT spammage soon enough. Probably change it to some new fancy EX points you trade for cool new gears at some npc.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Nevex View Post
    It's why they never made another movie lol

Quote Originally Posted by Arximiro View Post
    My goal is to just stockpile money moreso, since you know they are going to lower the rewards for leves due to RMT spammage soon enough. Probably change it to some new fancy EX points you trade for cool new gears at some npc.
    I really doubt it. If they keep the market wards the way they are and implement a search feature to go through ward wares, then ppl can just ignore RMT bazaars. Or even if they shop from those retainers, it wn't affect the price of other stuff as much. Also, money in this game has about as much meaning as it does in WoW. It won't be a repeat of XI

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Actually, at first it was really easy to hit 50 and players hit 50 with no endgame in sight, and complained and SE told them they leveled too fast.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Oh damn, just when I got to "Cancel FFXIV Subscription" on my todo list, I get the SE Newsletter! Good shit. I'm glad they finally said it and gave the extra month. I'm hopeful for the future.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post

I really doubt it. If they keep the market wards the way they are and implement a search feature to go through ward wares, then ppl can just ignore RMT bazaars. Or even if they shop from those retainers, it wn't affect the price of other stuff as much. Also, money in this game has about as much meaning as it does in WoW. It won't be a repeat of XI
    It's a good thing you know everything all the time, what would we do without your insight which just happens to be the opposite of whatever anybody posts at anytime. Thanks for all you do.

What?

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I was gonna' say...

ring a bell?

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I read through and didn't see it being brought up, but in the UK if you purchase and register the game before 25th October you get 60 days free. Saw it in the newspaper. Can take pics if someone needs evidence.

I'm on Besaid if anyone (in the UK) wants to pre-sign up, not been playing much though but for "future" purposes!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

That was kind of assumed with the announcement, you register before the 25th of October you get 30 free additional days. That coupled with the original 30 would make 60 so yeah.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

oh, oops! I didn't take account into the initial 30 days so I thought it was a "massive" bonus to have 60 days. My bad.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Also, money in this game has about as much meaning as it does in WoW.
    I have been wondering about this, as players level up and do higher level Leves with higher gil rewards then inflation rates are gonna be crazy, surely? I'm only playing for an hour or two every few days but I already have over 1.2million gil, how much must "hardcores" have?

6-10mil+

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

umm... they did make another movie (ADVENT CHILDREN) it sold millions

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I wasn't aware of Advent Children being mainstream like Spirits Within (aka: theatrical release in the US). But maybe I was wrong. But holy shit at everyone jumping on the bandwagon at somebody maybe being mistaken

Quote Originally Posted by airez510 View Post
    umm... they did make another movie (ADVENT CHILDREN) it sold millions
    Dude, your over 12hours late on that bandwagon response