Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Bigworm(Carbuncle) Previously known as Ekim(Carbuncle)

Have you ever played FFXI under a different name and/or on a different server? If so, please explain in detail.
    Yes, Started on Carbuncle as Ekim, few friends talked me into going to Titan went there for about 8months they all quit.When I came bk to carby Ekim was taken so had to change it to Bigworm >.>; "Bigperm I mean Bigworm"

Which events are you interested in
    All Events you guys do lol, I have decent gear and decent jobs so am usefull in all events

Main jobs you can and will bring
    well currently RDM85 PLD85 BRD85 SAM83 THF80 RNG80 NIN75(lol) BLM60 xD

Relevant subjobs?
    well atm the only subjob im lacking is whm its still 37 ;; hard as ever to get a party on this server but have war/nin/blm/whm(will lvl it very soon)

Relevant merits and gear?
    Pld-G1 Shield bash 5/5 Sent. 5/5 G2 Fealty 1/ Chiv. 2/ Guardian 4/
    Nin-G1 SB5/5 G2 Tool Exp.1/5 Sam-G1 STP5/5 Med.4/5 G2 BB1 OW5/5 shiki1/5 Ikisho2/5 Rng-G1 Rapid5/5 Unlim. Shot 2/5 G2 Snapshot5/5 Flashy 2/5 Brd-G1Min.5/5 Mad4/5 G2-Night/Troub 1/5 Thf-G1Trip.Att.5/5 G2 Assassin’s charge 2/5 Feint 2/5 Rdm-G1 Convert5/5 Ice4 Wind3 G2 SlowII 3/ Para 3/ BioIII 2 STR 5 GK 5 Archery 4 Dagger 2 Eva. 2 Shield 3 Enf.skill 4 Wind inst. skill 4 Singing 3 Crit. Hit 4 Spell Int. Rate 1 Enmity 3 HP 3 MP 2 8604564945

Pld 4/5 homa/creed belt/Fire,Earth,Air set, PDT-9%sword decent geared
    Rdm af2body/golibody/laq earring/morgan chocker/3/8hq staffs(I know>.>; sold most of them when Lost 15mill on gear/weapons when they tanked Thank you Magain weapons! while they was still decent priced)
    Sam I dont even know if I should list the gear for it lol basic sam byakko,hagun,shura,Flavaflav helm PPC nothing special really
    Thf TH4 lol homa ect ect nothing special here either
    Brd shaire body all inst.+1 basic brd lol most my jobs are geared decent nothing special about them. ;;

Prior end-game experience?
    All HNM's/Sea/Sky/Einj/Limbo/Salvage/cleared konch abyssea boss

List the shells you were a part of
    Terabyte,Empathy,Outlaws(last shell i was in),DFH

What/Who brings you to this shell?
    I researched and found u guys are a decent shell. But more important seems like u guys are haveing Fun to, Im looking for that again.

Anyone in the shell that knows you already?
    No ;;

What do you hope to get out of the shell?
    Fun,Good times,Friends,and maybe kool new gear lol

More importantly, what do you hope to put into the shell?
    A member that can be counted on for doing there job right, and a Friend

What timezone are you in? (+- GMT or NA abbreviations preferred)
    EasternStanderdTime

For each event you are applying to: Are you able to make all of the runs? If not, which ones are problematic and why?
    None

For each event you are applying to: Have you read all the relevant rules and procedures?
    yes

Favorite Vana'diel day of the week?
    Winds day I HQ lots of nin tools lol

Favorite job in FFXI? Why?
    Pld/Rdm they like Invincible lol

Anything else we should know about you?
    Im a good person, like the game when its played to have fun xD

So I looked up his FFXIAH history (on the names that he gave us), and I find it odd that he's jumping servers to do the same events he's done on Carbuncle (ty listed equip history). Seems a bit perplexing and I can't quite put my finger on it. Anyone know of this guy? Any information would be welcome.
    ~Aleste (Unicorn)

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Will show up to shit at the beginning then find a reason to leave as soon as he finds a better ls. Used to try to apply to shells as bard then anon and go different jobs to events, nothing special as far as skill goes.

Same as above, lotted some items when WoE 1st came out over other LS members and turned around and sold them on AH, etc, etc. Skill is meh, seems like a nice guy at times but does shady shit.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

He has skipped mandatory events to exp in Abyssea while in our linkshell in Outlaws. He initially dropped pearl (to reasons unknown to me) due to some drama over Abyssea pop items/points trade value (which he wasn't even involved in the first place) then he was repearled. I don't know the full extent of the story, however.

As for his skill? Nothing special. His RDM struggles to sleep in Dynamis, and he refuses to play bard. His best job I would probably say is SAM, and it's above average in gear. His PLD isn't bad, but nothing exceptional, but he won't replace your main tanks, just pinch hit at times.

I don't know why he's apping, but if he's looking to jump servers, I wish him good luck, and ya'll as well since he seems to be one of those "instant gratification" type players - if he's not getting an item quickly enough without working towards the points, he might leave your linkshell.

If he wants instant gratification, he's playing the wrong game lol For some reason he was seemed shy about saying "maybe some kool items" for what he wanted from the shell. Why are people so hesitant? Do you go to work for the coworkers/friends or for the money you want to be paid? Seems silly.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

He was in a LS with me for a week, we told him he'd have to come BRD to everything. When he found out we were serious a week later after a JoL where he somehow managed to die no less than 8 times on BRD, he said "well guyz sorry im leavin this ls an goin back to" whatever server he said he was from, quit the LS, and proceeded to LS hop around the server for over a year. Not a quality pick.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Trollbane

I honestly have heard my fair share of bad things about him. I haven't really actually been in a shell with him, but all my friends say hes a shithead lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Masenko View Post
    He was in a LS with me for a week, we told him he'd have to come BRD to everything. When he found out we were serious a week later after a JoL where he somehow managed to die no less than 8 times on BRD, he said "well guyz sorry im leavin this ls an goin back to" whatever server he said he was from, quit the LS, and proceeded to LS hop around the server for over a year. Not a quality pick.
    Generally if I hated my job, I'd quit and look for something else to, especially if it was doing something I hated doing.

Just playin devils advocate, but some of the logic related to this game is just so retarded it amazes me. He's a bad person for not wanting to spend his time doing something he hates, just because your linkshell can't get anybody else decent to be a BRD? Sounds like your LS was lackluster in this case.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Trollbane

He leveled the job to 85, he should go on the job provided and be useful to his shell rather than bitch and complain about being on the fucking job he took the time to level in the first place.

I'm not saying he shouldn't go as BRD, but should not be expected to go BRD to -every- event. Get some variety in there. FFXI would then turn into groundhogs day (movie).

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

He stated on his application to Outlaws (about 2 months ago? I forget) that one of the main reasons he left his previous linkshell was that they made him come BRD to everything. BRD is a useful job for endgame, I have it leveled, and it's geared properly for the job. I don't bitch and whine if the linkshell needs me on BRD for whatever event, even though I have a pretty good WAR. Why level the fucking job if you don't want to play it? That's just fucking stupid to me.

The bottom line is, he probably won't hurt your linkshell in terms of doing something incredibly stupid, but he won't make you forget about your best players either. He won't CFH a Fafnir by accident, or make King Behemoth fly (lol, Carbuncle folks know what I be talking about!). He can help tank stuff on his PLD, but he won't replace your main tanks, just supplement them.

I think he's best fit for a linkshell that has a /point system instead of a points system. I know everybody plays this game to get items, but you should learn how a linkshell does their drop system before you app to them - if it's a /point based system and you don't like that system, don't apply. Same goes for a point system. Regardless, you should put in work before you expect to be able to lot an item over others that have been in the linkshell longer than you have, and put in more work than you.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by SaviorSelf View Post
    Generally if I hated my job, I'd quit and look for something else to, especially if it was doing something I hated doing.

Just playin devils advocate, but some of the logic related to this game is just so retarded it amazes me. He's a bad person for not wanting to spend his time doing something he hates, just because your linkshell can't get anybody else decent to be a BRD? Sounds like your LS was lackluster in this case.
    If you're not ready to play said job 24/7 don't put it on your application, simple as that. It's kind of retarded to put all your support jobs on an application to make you look useful then refuse to play them once you're in cause it's boring.

If he does that, then yeah that is pretty stupid.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Colenzo View Post
    He leveled the job to 85, he should go on the job provided and be useful to his shell rather than bitch and complain about being on the fucking job he took the time to level in the first place.
    You forget, Colenzo. All the cool kids are chest bitching their jobs to 85 (never mind the lack of skill!) and then justifying lotting shit for their said chest bitched jobs.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Still takes time, and that's besides to point that this kids a piece of shit and not worth recruiting lol.

Bigworm

Quote Originally Posted by Yabby View Post
    Same as above, lotted some items when WoE 1st came out over other LS members and turned around and sold them on AH, etc, etc. Skill is meh, seems like a nice guy at times but does shady shit.
    Funney how several other members were doing the same thing in the shell but Im the one thats the "Bad Guy"

Bigworm

[QUOTE=Zansho;4185381]He stated on his application to Outlaws (about 2 months ago? I forget) that one of the main reasons he left his previous linkshell was that they made him come BRD to everything. BRD is a useful job for endgame, I have it leveled, and it's geared properly for the job. I don't bitch and whine if the linkshell needs me on BRD for whatever event, even though I have a pretty good WAR. Why level the fucking job if you don't want to play it? That's just fucking stupid to me.

For one I havent been asked to play brd in Outlaws once. Second I dont mind playn brd, but to every event so the Relic Brd can come mnk lol how stupid is that?

Bigworm

Quote Originally Posted by Zansho View Post
    You forget, Colenzo. All the cool kids are chest bitching their jobs to 85 (never mind the lack of skill!) and then justifying lotting shit for their said chest bitched jobs.
    And Bro, I was pulln birds for 7hrs to get my merits on brd, All my jobs were lvled the old fasion way not smn burns / key whore'n
    Haters are always gona Hate

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

One bard to events sounds bad, also lol@ posting on your own bc.

Bigworm

Quote Originally Posted by AidenCarby View Post
    If you're not ready to play said job 24/7 don't put it on your application, simple as that. It's kind of retarded to put all your support jobs on an application to make you look useful then refuse to play them once you're in cause it's boring.
    Did you read the app? "Main jobs you can and will bring" I can bring brd yes, but when a shell makes me come brd so the Relic brd can some something else is where I draw the line.