Closed Thread
Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Silentleroy View Post
    If you're injured, you're not helping your team, sit out. If you're playing, you're telling me that your 100%.
    1. It isn't that black and white. An injured star still might be better than the joes on the bench.

2. The bolded is dumb and naive. You might be 100% for week one maybe. After that, it's "can you go?" and for most guys that is a "HELLZ YEAH!" despite many nagging injuries.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I just don't like that he held out for all that time, made a ton of money and sucks. Granted I hate the jets with a fiery passion, so fuck em.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    I think it's simply the fact that he's not as good as last season. Is it really hard to believe that he can't repeat this ridiculous performance? Did Rice repeat his 22 catch season? Did /anyone/ repeat their 2000 yard season?
    CJ2k will fool!

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    I think it's simply the fact that he's not as good as last season. Is it really hard to believe that he can't repeat this ridiculous performance? Did Rice repeat his 22 catch season? Did /anyone/ repeat their 2000 yard season?
    But do you have some kind of explanation for this drop-off? And I'm guessing you are talking about pure coverage skills and not INT numbers or something.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Serif View Post
    CJ2k will fool!
    Did you see the Kenny Mayne "Soft Knocks" thing? Jeff Fisher is pretty funny.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Rodgers needs a pretty huge game to get back to his rightful place on the QB rating chart - 25 for 35, 300 yards, 3 TDs and 0 INT would do it. Barely. The Vikings secondary is shitty, but who knows if he'll have any time to throw.

Although Rodgers does have a 1337 number of attempts right now.

In his two games against the Vikings last year, he combined for a stat line of 52 for 78, 671 yards, 5 TDs and 1 INT though.
    Spoiler: show
    he was also sacked 14 times

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    1. It isn't that black and white. An injured star still might be better than the joes on the bench.

2. The bolded is dumb and naive. You might be 100% for week one maybe. After that, it's "can you go?" and for most guys that is a "HELLZ YEAH!" despite many nagging injuries.
    What I'm getting at with the second part is that You can't say that your 100% then make excuses as to why you suck. And as far as the first part, down the road, you simply aren't helping your team out. You rush back, then guess what? The next week your hamstring is fucked up again. I'd rather take the extra week to get healthy than to risk reinjury.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

But do you have some kind of explanation for this drop-off? And I'm guessing you are talking about pure coverage skills and not INT numbers or something.
    He didn't have much for INTs last year either. I just don't think people, in the history of the NFL, repeat historic seasons.

Did you see the Kenny Mayne "Soft Knocks" thing? Jeff Fisher is pretty funny.
    Haha that is pretty good, cheesy but good!

Tyven's Xbax Fren
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Korgath

no picks as usual but:

most overrated: Mark Sanchez - serviceable, like Trent Dilfer style. doesn't do much that 90% of other QBs in the league can do.

most underrated: Brian Urlacher - Chicago's defense is a substantially better unit with him, just compare last year to this year (no, Julius Peppers is NOT the difference maker)

GATTACA!

BG Level

What I'm getting at with the second part is that You can't say that your 100% then make excuses as to why you suck. And as far as the first part, down the road, you simply aren't helping your team out. You rush back, then guess what? The next week your hamstring is fucked up again. I'd rather take the extra week to get healthy than to risk reinjury.
    I agree about the making excuses part, and the part about reinjury also holds true to a certain extent, but if you always waited until you were completely healthy you wouldn't be playing much.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche
    He didn't have much for INTs last year either. I just don't think people, in the history of the NFL, repeat historic seasons.
    Ok so you are saying it was historic as far as how many yards he gave up? I just look at CBs as being good or bad, and expect even the good ones to get burned everyone once and a while since it's one false step or one perfect pass and you are done. I expect Revis to be the same as last year at some point this season.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lex Luger
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Demon Soul

As much as I hate Dallas, and I think most experts are counting them out by now, I still think they might be capable of stringing together a handful of wins in a row and getting to 9-7 or 10-6. The way things are going this season, that could be good enough for the division, let alone wild-card. I haven't seen much of Dallas this year, how does their O-Line look? I'm guessing its not that solid.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Ok so you are saying it was historic as far as how many yards he gave up? I just look at CBs as being good or bad, and expect even the good ones to get burned everyone once and a while since it's one false step or one perfect pass and you are done. I expect Revis to be the same as last year at some point this season.
    There's varying degrees of corner. There's good, there's bad, there's Primetime...and then there's this...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_cwxCLPpeiP.../CB_Rating.jpghttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/_cwxCLPpeiP.../CB_Rating.jpghttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/_cwxCLPpeiP.../CB_Rating.jpg

Look at that, then think about the WRs he faced.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Interesting graph. So you think he will regress to more of the 50-60 range?

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

DAMN LOOK AT JENKINS SON. TOP 4.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Leon Hall represent.

GATTACA!

BG Level

DAMN LOOK AT JENKINS SON. TOP 4.
    This graph never should have seen the light of day, lol.

Tyven's Xbax Fren
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Korgath

edited failpost

is that graph this season only? looks like people are throwing at Revis a lot, but he's missed a game? anyway, I'm fairly certain that graph has more to do with the QB than the receivers.

GATTACA!

BG Level

has to be last season

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Interesting graph. So you think he will regress to more of the 50-60 range?
    No clue, but I think the chances of him going under 40 again are slim and none.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast