1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 7 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 52 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 17 hours, 7 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 16 hours, 52 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: Server Populations     submit to reddit submit to twitter

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I personally think it was a combination of the two. Assuming it was 'Short Man's Syndrome' at all, it's just business sense... not "cowardly" which is the origin of this little name-calling spat. You can't be objective about business practices if it's Square-Enix around here, that equates "fanboyism."

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Who can say why they turned it off. All I know is that its:

A) Pretty funny, honestly.
    B) Impossible to find the true answer as to why, because even if they give a "performance-based" result, anyone could write it off as PR.
    C) Irrelevant, as the game will sink or swim regardless of people knowing the numbers.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

It is with much sorrow, and no small amount of schadenfreude, that I make my first post on BG after fiveish years of lurking to say that this might possibly be the most chickenshit move I have ever had the misfortune to be witness to in an MMO. And I say this after my household suffered through the early stages of Puppetmaster, and years of LOLDRG.

Good fucking game, S-E.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

p.s. great first post.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    p.s. great first post.
    Considering your accuracy record, I'll take that as a compliment.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Damn, even day 1 posters know how hard mioko rides this game's dick.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

my server is packed, never seen so many ppl playing. Too bad we cant see the number anymore.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

my server is packed, never seen so many ppl playing. Too bad we cant see the number anymore.
    This is why it was changed. You can fool yourself into thinking a server is full of players if you have 50 people around you, truth is nobody wants to play a dying MMO so hiding the fact it's dying keeps people playing.

Quote Originally Posted by machiko View Post
    This is why it was changed. You can fool yourself into thinking a server is full of players if you have 50 people around you, truth is nobody wants to play a dying MMO so hiding the fact it's dying keeps people playing.
    Prove to me server numbers have gone down and ill prove to you server numbers have gone up!

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    You're on kashuan right? I'm not sure # of players has gone up consistently, I felt there was a lot of action friday-saturday w/ ppl checking out the patch but server has felt dead today, and all the wards I have checked for stuff I need are largely empty still..

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

That's cause wards suck!

Actually it's because ward servers frequently crash. Wards were packed last night, I log on today and they're empty. Including my own retainer's ward. I had to resummon him because it crashed.