1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 35 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 24 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 22 hours, 35 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 11 hours, 24 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Server Populations     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

You didn't eleborate, you repeated the same thing.

Tell me why grouping is more than a bandaid fix to a shitty game. Prove me that when you're in a group, you will be more than a cog that make the xp machine works. After playing many differents mmo for year, I can tell you that people rarely talks when groupped. Your allies might as well be bot, it won't matter.

There is no argument that playing with friends is more fun than playing with alone. But incensitive to play in party doesn't mean you will be with friends.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    Tell me why grouping is more than a bandaid fix to a shitty game.
    It is what makes MMO's work. Every MMO is a shitty game with shitty gameplay. If you want to consider grouping a band-aid to that issue, feel free to do so. A band-aid is still better than no band-aid however, and I haven't come across an MMO that has a real fix for the issue (better gameplay). Before that happens, yes, I'll take my band-aid and like it.

Prove me that when you're in a group, you will be more than a cog that make the xp machine works. After playing many differents mmo for year, I can tell you that people rarely talks when groupped. Your allies might as well be bot, it won't matter.
    Actually, playing with random people in any online game is more fun than playing with bots. You seem to be oblivious to that. Maybe to you people are just tools you can take advantage of?

There is no argument that playing with friends is more fun than playing with alone. But incensitive to play in party doesn't mean you will be with friends.
    Yet it means I can make more friends, which is a big part of playing an MMO when gameplay sucks.

And what the fuck do I have to prove you anyway? In any game with grouping, I am having more fun than playing alone. I sure am a weirdo because of that!

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Boulderfist

I wonder what the pacing would be like if SE had stuck to its guns and kept the leves on a 48 hour cool down. Honestly, I miss the old format.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan
    Yet it means I can make more friends,
    So, you're playing mmo to make friends? While I did make many friends playing mmo, don't you think it's not what you should be doing if you want to meet people?

Also, your generalization that "every mmo have shitty gameplay" is retarded. Not only is gameplay not equal in every mmo, some of them can have solid gameplay.

Next time you party with random people in FFXIV, post the chatlog of your sesssions, and tell us how long you spent grinding. Chance is, there wont be 5 minutes worth of talking over 2 hours.

New Odin
    BG Level

So, you're playing mmo to make friends? While I did make many friends playing mmo, don't you think it's not what you should be doing if you want to meet people?
    Maybe? Actually I play them to do all kind of stuff with friends, but I won't make any if I don't engage in social activities.

Also, your generalization that "every mmo have shitty gameplay" is retarded. Not only is gameplay not equal in every mmo, some of them can have solid gameplay.
    No, it is 100% accurate. There is no MMO with good/solid gameplay. It is all inferior to single player games. And inferior is not "solid". It is crappy, bad, awful, and it varies between the mmo's.

But if you for some wicked reason or the other play these games for their gameplay (LOL), well, I wish my expectations were so low.

Next time you party with random people in FFXIV, post the chatlog of your sesssions, and tell us how long you spent grinding. Chance is, there wont be 5 minutes worth of talking over 2 hours.
    Not every party results in me making a friend of course, but it's still more enjoyable to do that shit in a party than alone. Usually I've got one or two friends with me too, which usually results in more conversations with the party.

But yeah, I can do that. Last time we kept talking for an hour after the party ended.

Actually, that has happened every single time. I haven't joined a party before that hadn't resulted in at least one new friend so far.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Why can't we be friend Hyan?

@topic

When people cancel their account, is their any indication on lodestone server? Im curious to see if it could be used to figure out how many people are going to leave this shithole by the end of the 2nd free months?

New Odin
    BG Level

lol, cease-fire.

When people cancel their account, is their any indication on lodestone server?
    Only if they delete their character iirc.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

How are people complaining about the grind of this game when already we have people with lvl 50 classes 1 month into the game? Most people have at least one class in the mid 20s now too.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    No, it is 100% accurate. There is no MMO with good/solid gameplay. It is all inferior to single player games.
    Continent of the Ninth. Just sayin'

You didn't eleborate, you repeated the same thing.
    Tell me why grouping is more than a bandaid fix to a shitty game. Prove me that when you're in a group, you will be more than a cog that make the xp machine works. After playing many differents mmo for year, I can tell you that people rarely talks when groupped. Your allies might as well be bot, it won't matter.
    Most gamers are just anti-social but they still like to talk, but if you strike up a topic they will usually talk. Not sure what type of groups you've been in, but most every MMO ive played, when in group settings people chatted, or were on vent chatting. Grouping isn't mandatory in the sense that you HAVE to, it's just beneficial to do so, hell you can duo and make fine SP post 25. But mmo's are about playing the game with other people, if you honestly want to just solo the entire game, play WoW or play a single player game. I hate when people complain about a MMO making you have to group with other players to do things.

Join a linkshell, talk to people, make friends, group with friends, level up. Be somewhat social and if you really REALLY don't want to talk to ANYONE then solo at a slower pace.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by CasualPlayer View Post
    How are people complaining about the grind of this game when already we have people with lvl 50 classes 1 month into the game? Most people have at least one class in the mid 20s now too.
    You're thinking in terms of time instead of fun.

I can play an MMO that might take me years to get to cap if it's a fun leveling process with tons of side content and solid mechanics. XIV has none of those.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Viq View Post
    don't forget TERA

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Viq View Post
    I don't know how you somehow figured that CotN is an MMO.

Online RPG's can have quite solid gameplay indeed.

don't forget TERA
    In MMO terms TERA seems to have rather good gameplay. It's getting close to online RPG's but CoTN still blows it away as far as I'm aware.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    I don't know how you somehow figured that CotN is an MMO.
    I don't know how you somehow figured that it isn't.

See you all in Guild Wars 2

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

MMOs fail if you cant equally have the same amount of 'fun and rewards' when you solo and party. If the game favors one over the other, then it fails, IE: XI for the most part. I however found XI to be solo friendly with leveling, but nothing else as you needed an LS, but now a days, the solo bar has come up quite a lot. Most of the content now a days you can do solo, and I find fun.

XIV is more solo friendly off the bat, but is no way fun. I loved leveling in XI, party or solo, it was never a grind to me, XIV is a completly different story. And no, im not going to find a party to level as this was supposed to be a solo friendly game, and I dont have the time I once did that I put in to XI. Theres no reason I cant sit down and play solo for an hour and get a level.

It was either WoW or GW that did this, but the more time you spent logged off, the more your experiance bonus grew and the next time you logged on, the more experiance you got compaired to someone who plays every day.

Aion had that experience buff thingy, it was definitely cool

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

It comes down to this, party play in XI was, and is, a lot of fun. Party play in XIV is better then soloing, but it's still boring as shit.. And worse for casters who have to press enter twice for every command because of the aoe on/off BS

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    Most gamers are just anti-social but they still like to talk, but if you strike up a topic they will usually talk. Not sure what type of groups you've been in, but most every MMO ive played, when in group settings people chatted, or were on vent chatting. Grouping isn't mandatory in the sense that you HAVE to, it's just beneficial to do so, hell you can duo and make fine SP post 25. But mmo's are about playing the game with other people, if you honestly want to just solo the entire game, play WoW or play a single player game. I hate when people complain about a MMO making you have to group with other players to do things.

Join a linkshell, talk to people, make friends, group with friends, level up. Be somewhat social and if you really REALLY don't want to talk to ANYONE then solo at a slower pace.
    I talk a lot no matter what game I'm playing, and usually force a discusion if there is none. Even in WoW, I partied all the time on my way to 80, and ended up meeting many people that I hanged with for months after. I don't understand why Hyan think grouping is something special to FFIV, because I had similar experience in nearly every online games I played.

Anyway, that's not the point I'm trying to make. What bothers me is that Hyan seem to think you can't have "fun content" and "group" together. Sure, a 4 hours crabs battle might be more bearable in a group, but it would be very possible to design group content that is actually fun. For example, going through a dungeon with a few bosses seem to be a much better alternative then grinding against the same enemy for hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Alderaan View Post
    You're thinking in terms of time instead of fun.

I can play an MMO that might take me years to get to cap if it's a fun leveling process with tons of side content and solid mechanics. XIV has none of those.
    And... No other MMO ever has had tons of side content on launch either. Why is this lost on so many people? It's such a trivial concept to understand.

Seriously, FFXI lacked fun content even years into the game. There was all this crap like Dynamis, Salvage, etc but really, 90% of everyone's time was spent grinding in a stupid merit party, killing the same shit for hours. This is the same. How people can like FFXI and then bash FFXIV is a little puzzling, because the point and underlying philosophy of both games are identical. Grind, grind, grind.

Surely you're about to bring up WoW and how it had all these low level instances, but guess how empty those instances were after the game had been out for like a year. The only content that matters is endgame content, nobody gives a shit about a level 10 instance after they've played the game for a month.

Do you spend money and resources developing an aspect of the game that is going to become extinct shortly after release? Or do you design around endgame? (Hint: If you ask players, they'll give you two different answers, depending on when you ask them)

Seriously, just go hang out at the Rift forums or something. If you want to see a terrible game, wait until that comes out. Developed by a company that gets all the leftovers that got fired from EA, and for some reason is developing three "triple A" titles at the same time (wtf?), and has no real expertise or history in making anything, much less a massive online game, which are notiroriously hard and require considerable expertise to do right.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast