Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 135 of 426 FirstFirst ... 85 125 133 134 135 136 137 145 185 ... LastLast
Results 2681 to 2700 of 8520

Thread: Randomer Question Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #2681
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,933
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Re: Randomer Question Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ubermonkey
    Two related questions:

    At what attack rating does pdif start to get close to cap at colibri and mamool SP respectively?

    What food should I be using on drk at 75 at Mamool? Assume I have chaos roll or double minuet, above average gear and capped scythe, as I'll be meriting on nin until I do. Hpie seems attractive, as do the attack pastas. Pure attack food seems like a waste since I'll be hitting 700-750 attack (I think) or so, which seems ludicrous.
    Greater Colibri cRATIO caps at 769 Attack for melee (assuming you are level 75, and it'll be lower for ranged), I don't think there's enough info on mamools to derive a figure.

  2. #2682
    assburgers
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    10,925
    BG Level
    9

    Re: Randomer Question Thread

    You can say pretty safely that on average it will be higher, between the Whm's tossing out protects, skoffins being a bit less squishy, and blu's with self buffs I haven't felt the same godmode short of 800 attack at MJSP that I feel around 750 attack at lolibri.

  3. #2683
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    Re: Randomer Question Thread

    How much does a PPA cost for a non-Windy citizen?

    Also, could anyone share their US/PPA WS macro?

  4. #2684
    assburgers
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    10,925
    BG Level
    9

    Re: Randomer Question Thread

    /equip ammo
    /equip ammo "Patriarch Protector's arrow"
    /ws "Sidewinder" <t>
    /wait 1
    /equip ammo
    /equip ammo "Whatever TP Arrow you use"

    The /equip ammo should unequip whatever you had, putting in a couple of failsafe points.

  5. #2685
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,575
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

    Re: Randomer Question Thread

    I just make a separate macro for equipping PPA with huge /echo warning, because if I put change PPA arrow in same macro i'd bound to shoot it accidentally.

  6. #2686
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    204
    BG Level
    4

    Re: Randomer Question Thread

    Quick dumb question which I should probably know the answer to after leveling DNC to 37. Do dance moves, particularly Steps, cause any melee attack delay, or is the move itself instantaneous despite the long animation? I'm trying to figure out what the "true" TP cost of using a Step move is, i.e. if it's just 10 TP, or 10 TP plus the TP missed from an attack round. My guess from eyeballing is that it does cause a delay (around 1 attack round), but I was wondering if any tests had been done to confirm this.

  7. #2687
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    Re: Randomer Question Thread

    All JAs take the same amount of time to activate, dances/steps won't slow you down any more than Berserk or Hasso.

    Edit: They do differ in how long they make you stand in one place though, swap dances with other, shorter animation JAs and they won't make you stand in the same spot as long.

  8. #2688
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5
    BG Level
    0

    Re: Randomer Question Thread

    Does INT have any effect on the potency of bind or is it only accuracy? Thanks^^

  9. #2689
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    39
    BG Level
    1

    Re: Randomer Question Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Callisto
    How much does a PPA cost for a non-Windy citizen?

    Also, could anyone share their US/PPA WS macro?
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but a non-Windy citizen pays 48k CP.

    It's not enough to have just one macro devoted to the use of the PPA. First of all, create seperate macro devoted solely to loading in the PPA. Simple enough, just swap it in and have the macro activite US, and probably best to use an /echo or two to remind you that you hit the macro, just in case you hit it by accident and US is not up.

    Next, I have a seperate Sidewinder macro I only use for the PPA. It goes a little something like this.

    /ws "Sidewinder"
    /wait
    /equip ammo
    /wait
    /equip ammo "Demon Arrow"

    I don't remember the exact numbers on the waits since I'm not logged in, but the reason you use an equip command with nothing there is so you deequip what's in that slot. This is important because if you leave that out and just equip your TP arrows, and you actually have none in your inventory, the PPA stays equipped, and is at risk of being fired. The waits are in there to deal with the game's inherent lag in processing commands. Also, if you were to immediately use another macro after using Sidewinder, you'll break the chain of commands and likely leave the PPA equipped by accident. Thus I have one final fail-safe.

    My regular-old shooting macro that I press every single time I want to take a shot automatically equips demon arrows (or whatever arrow I feel like using). So long as you keep track of your ammo and make sure to never run out, barring some freak circumstance it's pretty difficult to shoot that sweet PPA away. I've done it three times already though.

    My suggestion is to write up SE and tell them to make certain ammo usable only with unlimited shot active. Certain ammo meaning *cough*PPA,GMB,HS*cough*.

  10. #2690
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,753
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Randomer Question Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinehsheneh
    Does INT have any effect on the potency of bind or is it only accuracy? Thanks^^
    The way I see it, it has an effect on Bind's potency in the sense that it determines whether or not you get partially resisted.. If that makes sense. My experience with Bind has shown it to be, in essence, the same as Sleep in that regard. Others' experiences vary.

    That said, I wouldn't equip myself with INT in lieu of other important boosts for a Bind setup. My rule of thumb is,

    Enfeeble (>)= Magic Accuracy > Fast Cast > Haste > INT

  11. #2691
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5
    BG Level
    0

    Re: Randomer Question Thread

    I just got a Loq earring and really don't know if I should use this instead of my moldy on Blm. I macro in abyssal for dark magic or use magnetic in the other slot. Any advice?

  12. #2692
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    242
    BG Level
    4

    Re: Randomer Question Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by littleoak
    I just got a Loq earring and really don't know if I should use this instead of my moldy on Blm. I macro in abyssal for dark magic or use magnetic in the other slot. Any advice?
    Never.

    The only times you should unequip moldy are if you're magic bursting, have a novio and a static earring, using cures, stun, or using dark magic.

  13. #2693
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    5,360
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

    Re: Randomer Question Thread

    Or you could just idle in loq and have moldy macroed into your nukes, so you get the effects of both...

  14. #2694
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    242
    BG Level
    4

    Re: Randomer Question Thread

    More drk questions!

    5/5 souleater timer or last resort effect? LR timer is a no brainer, but since it'll be getting used every time it's up, adding effect on top of that seems attractive, whereas I probably won't be using souleater every time it's available.

    Suggest unto me a good, achievable guillotine setup, if you please.

  15. #2695
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,933
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Re: Randomer Question Thread

    I personally like Last Resort Effect, because I use Last Resort a lot more than Souleater and it is more universally useful.

    Guillotine setups largely vary on what gear you have; you want to maintain a fairly large amount of accuracy to ensure all hits land (TP build and then a bit more is good, again depending on what you TP in).

  16. #2696
    True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,740
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Re: Randomer Question Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by littleoak
    I just got a Loq earring and really don't know if I should use this instead of my moldy on Blm. I macro in abyssal for dark magic or use magnetic in the other slot. Any advice?
    Use the moldy and abyssal setup for nuking
    magnetic for resting
    loq for when fast cast is needed

  17. #2697
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    467
    BG Level
    4

    Re: Randomer Question Thread

    For Guillotine setups I find Att/Acc better than STR/Acc.

    Guillotine modifiers and damage multiplier are low enough to have str+ make a real impact. Where I'm coming to is: Ares > Hecatomb for Guillotine, for example.

  18. #2698
    assburgers
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    10,925
    BG Level
    9

    Re: Randomer Question Thread

    Yeah, full Are's is sexy for Guilly.

    Gorget, Drk friend of mine found very positive returns just swapping to Gorget full time for WS.

    Avoid Alky's and stuff, taking off acc hurts too much, and don't forget 1 Dex = .75 Acc.

    Don't WS in a plastron for god's sake.

  19. #2699
    Chram
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,868
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

    Re: Randomer Question Thread

    What's a good x and y position for recast plugin? Right now mine is at the default position, and it's really annoying.

  20. #2700
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    Re: Randomer Question Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ringoko
    Quote Originally Posted by Callisto
    How much does a PPA cost for a non-Windy citizen?

    Also, could anyone share their US/PPA WS macro?
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but a non-Windy citizen pays 48k CP.

    It's not enough to have just one macro devoted to the use of the PPA. First of all, create seperate macro devoted solely to loading in the PPA. Simple enough, just swap it in and have the macro activite US, and probably best to use an /echo or two to remind you that you hit the macro, just in case you hit it by accident and US is not up.

    Next, I have a seperate Sidewinder macro I only use for the PPA. It goes a little something like this.

    /ws "Sidewinder"
    /wait
    /equip ammo
    /wait
    /equip ammo "Demon Arrow"

    I don't remember the exact numbers on the waits since I'm not logged in, but the reason you use an equip command with nothing there is so you deequip what's in that slot. This is important because if you leave that out and just equip your TP arrows, and you actually have none in your inventory, the PPA stays equipped, and is at risk of being fired. The waits are in there to deal with the game's inherent lag in processing commands. Also, if you were to immediately use another macro after using Sidewinder, you'll break the chain of commands and likely leave the PPA equipped by accident. Thus I have one final fail-safe.

    My regular-old shooting macro that I press every single time I want to take a shot automatically equips demon arrows (or whatever arrow I feel like using). So long as you keep track of your ammo and make sure to never run out, barring some freak circumstance it's pretty difficult to shoot that sweet PPA away. I've done it three times already though.

    My suggestion is to write up SE and tell them to make certain ammo usable only with unlimited shot active. Certain ammo meaning *cough*PPA,GMB,HS*cough*.
    Thanks...I also realized that Windy hasn't been in last place in like over a year on Ramuh, I think I'm just going to need to change nations. I swear there has to still be one of those JP Expeditionary Force shells left on the server that is Windy only.

Page 135 of 426 FirstFirst ... 85 125 133 134 135 136 137 145 185 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Random Question Thread VI: I'm No Mathologist, But...
    By isladar in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 1489
    Last Post: 2010-01-29, 06:25
  2. Random Question Thread V: But does it 6-hit
    By isladar in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 2688
    Last Post: 2009-12-28, 11:29
  3. Random Question Thread IV: ROCKY WINS
    By isladar in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 1489
    Last Post: 2009-10-09, 08:55
  4. Random Question Thread
    By Rocl in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 2934
    Last Post: 2008-01-17, 13:43
  5. [WoTG] Random question thread
    By Koyangi in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 165
    Last Post: 2008-01-02, 21:30