Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36

Thread: Hissho Hachimaki     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #1
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    140
    BG Level
    3

    Hissho Hachimaki

    I was wondering if the Hissho Hachimaki would be better than an O hat for Asuran and Jin. I don't own a Shura Kabuto or Voyager Sallet since I never paid much attention to NIN but MNK is my favorite job and outside of BRD and RDM, I use it the most. Question is: Is the Atk+8 better than the Acc+2 advantage of the O hat? I would imagine yes, right? I also use my Bando Kote instead of Usu Gote or Nori Kote because I think the Atk+22 is decent enough to replace the Acc+10.

    So my question would be: Is the Hissho Hachimaki finally a better Asuran piece than the O hat?
    Thanks in advanced.

  2. #2
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    429
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Re: Hissho Hachimaki

    asuran it is one of the best piece

    jin no.. sushi and sallet or ohat is better from what i seen nin using

    suppp fockr ^^/

    might be doing an acrolith znm soon and if i see you on i will give you the hachi :D

  3. #3
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    123
    BG Level
    3

    Re: Hissho Hachimaki

    I'll be using it for Jin when i get one, I can't comment on mnk though.

  4. #4
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,793
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Hissho Hachimaki

    Well, you're using 22 attack over 10 accuracy, If you wanted to keep that ratio, you should be switching to Hissho Hachimaki even if it were 8 acc 5 attk. It's a far better trade off over O-hat than your current gloves. And yes, even that aside, I think 8 attack should be more beneficial than 2 accuracy. I plan to get one to replace Ohat for Penta for my sam.

  5. #5
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Re: Hissho Hachimaki

    Quote Originally Posted by fallenleaf
    I'll be using it for Jin when i get one, I can't comment on mnk though.
    This is pretty stupid.

    Shura, Voyager, Usukane are all good choices. Hisso is not.

  6. #6
    Tan
    Tan is offline
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    298
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Re: Hissho Hachimaki

    Quote Originally Posted by Fockr
    I was wondering if the Hissho Hachimaki would be better than an O hat for Asuran and Jin. I don't own a Shura Kabuto or Voyager Sallet since I never paid much attention to NIN but MNK is my favorite job and outside of BRD and RDM, I use it the most. Question is: Is the Atk+8 better than the Acc+2 advantage of the O hat? I would imagine yes, right? I also use my Bando Kote instead of Usu Gote or Nori Kote because I think the Atk+22 is decent enough to replace the Acc+10.

    So my question would be: Is the Hissho Hachimaki finally a better Asuran piece than the O hat?
    Thanks in advanced.
    I think the question is why aren't you using Dragon Kick w/ Footwork for your WS
    But Hisso Hachimaki is probably one of the best Asuran Fists pieces out there. Your MNK should have high enough STR that you want to be focusing on ATT+ for your multihit WS especially since the secondary mod on Asuran is pretty weak. So in that respect I think that Hisso is better than Shura and also Voyager. Another question is what type of food are you eating? Sushi or meat? Depending on what you are eating and what type of buffs you have you should adjust your other gear accordingly.

  7. #7
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    140
    BG Level
    3

    Re: Hissho Hachimaki

    Quote Originally Posted by Tan
    Quote Originally Posted by Fockr
    I was wondering if the Hissho Hachimaki would be better than an O hat for Asuran and Jin. I don't own a Shura Kabuto or Voyager Sallet since I never paid much attention to NIN but MNK is my favorite job and outside of BRD and RDM, I use it the most. Question is: Is the Atk+8 better than the Acc+2 advantage of the O hat? I would imagine yes, right? I also use my Bando Kote instead of Usu Gote or Nori Kote because I think the Atk+22 is decent enough to replace the Acc+10.

    So my question would be: Is the Hissho Hachimaki finally a better Asuran piece than the O hat?
    Thanks in advanced.
    I think the question is why aren't you using Dragon Kick w/ Footwork for your WS
    But Hisso Hachimaki is probably one of the best Asuran Fists pieces out there. Your MNK should have high enough STR that you want to be focusing on ATT+ for your multihit WS especially since the secondary mod on Asuran is pretty weak. So in that respect I think that Hisso is better than Shura and also Voyager. Another question is what type of food are you eating? Sushi or meat? Depending on what you are eating and what type of buffs you have you should adjust your other gear accordingly.
    I always eat Sole Sushi on merits and usually merit fulltime on Mamool Ja over Nyzul anyway. Considering I rarely use MNK in meripo because I have BRD, I was just curious about Asuran. I am aware of what FW Dragons can put out.
    Ty for the replies!

  8. #8
    I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    17,539
    BG Level
    9

    Re: Hissho Hachimaki

    Put my ohat on my mannequin as soon as I got this puppy... then I wanted to go solo something and had to go all the way back to bastok first -.-

  9. #9
    Hayleystrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    7,069
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Re: Hissho Hachimaki

    I use Shura head for Jin/YGK and Ohat for Asuran, but I will swap out Ohat for Hissho Hachimaki when I get it, rendering it pretty much useless unless I'm aiming for an eva build.

  10. #10
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,192
    BG Level
    8

    Re: Hissho Hachimaki

    I'd definitely use it for Asuran Fists.

  11. #11
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,412
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Hissho Hachimaki

    It's undoubtedly the best Asuran head piece. It's ok for Jin, but I'd say Shura > Usukane > Hissho in that regard. I'd say it's better then Sallet for Jin; though that's assuming you have zero katana merits.

  12. #12
    Groinlonger
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,963
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Re: Hissho Hachimaki

    I think it's actually pretty decent for Jin. Most people seem to forget that accuracy is fairly important on multi-hit weaponskills. This is particularly true on Ninja(A- skill and no accuracy boosting job traits or abilities.) The attack increase isn't as effective in comparison to STR as it is on Asuran Fists, but it's still a significant boost. Definitely not something to be shirked off.

  13. #13
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Re: Hissho Hachimaki

    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo
    I think it's actually pretty decent for Jin. Most people seem to forget that accuracy is fairly important on multi-hit weaponskills. This is particularly true on Ninja(A- skill and no accuracy boosting job traits or abilities.) The attack increase isn't as effective in comparison to STR as it is on Asuran Fists, but it's still a significant boost. Definitely not something to be shirked off.
    Let's look at it in terms of your normal NIN, not anything super-high quality at the two most popular camps:

    Mamool - No matter what, you're eating sushi here, if you have a BRD your songs are either march / min or min / min, or if two bards, march x2 min x2 - for dual-wield on mamool there's just no way that attempting to eat meat works better than sushi unless you're in the absolute top-tier of your job (usukane 5/5 + sniper +1 + full merits + 1 madrigal still, and you're still hitting around 86%) so the Hisso Hachimaki fails here because with 2 minuet, or even 1, you're going to want to put mods in over ACC / ATT.

    Birds - You're eating meat, of course, so you're going to be getting madrigal and minuet if one bard (this is most likely the case unless you're just a first voke for a 2h /SAM party) so again, with meat and a minuet an item like Shura (ACC5 STR5) is going to be more beneficial to you over the hachimaki. If you're in a situation on birds where you're eating meat and not getting madrigal you're pretty fucked regardless, it may have a purpose here, but it's not going to be a 'good piece for ws' it's going to be a part of the grand effort of compensating for nowhere near enough ACC in the first place, I'd use Ohat in that situation myself.

    It's a great piece for MNK no doubt, but the very easy to get Shura head, and to a greater extent Usukane Somen are just much better choices (the latter if you need a bit more ACC)

    Sallet is really only good for mamool + sushi, I wouldn't ever use it on birds. People may say their ACC is fine with it on birds with their gear and merits, but it's bullshit through and through, I'm an ACC whore on colibri, and with madrgial the upper range of my ACC will be 91% no matter what, 88-90% is the most accurate average for me, if you're using sallet with identical gear otherwise you're going to be losing some damage with those more frequent 7 or 10TP jins.

  14. #14
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    543
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Re: Hissho Hachimaki

    Speaking strictly about mnks and AF.

    I can't think of a better piece for mnks to wear on AF. Maybe what we see as results on accuracy and attack are messed up, but if I undertand it correctly, this would be the best single head piece to wear.

    If this were not the best, then it would suggest that the selection of bandos (much less okotes) and mermans earring are gross mistakes since even hanzo tekko and accurate earring would be better using the same ratio of accuracy and attack we see in comparing Hisso to everything else.

    I would welcome corrections to this since I strive to make my AF be the best it can be.

  15. #15
    Tan
    Tan is offline
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    298
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Re: Hissho Hachimaki

    Just thought about this... 8 Acc and 8 Att on Hissho Hachimaki. And Asuran Fists is 8 hits. That shit blows my mind...


  16. #16
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,157
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Hissho Hachimaki

    Quote Originally Posted by Tan
    Just thought about this... 8 Acc and 8 Att on Hissho Hachimaki. And Asuran Fists is 8 hits. That shit blows my mind...

    1 accuracy and 1 attack... ready for this?... PER HIT! Gnarly man.

    PS: Usukane head for Jin~ like teh STR.

  17. #17
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    374
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Re: Hissho Hachimaki

    Along these same lines, I'm interested to see how things shake out for nin meripo with the new Hachiryu gear.

    Losing 7.5acc sucks, but 10STR is a nice mod assuming you're in the 90% acc range..

  18. #18
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    388
    BG Level
    4

    Re: Hissho Hachimaki

    Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir
    It's a great piece for MNK no doubt, but the very easy to get Shura head, and to a greater extent Usukane Somen are just much better choices (the latter if you need a bit more ACC)
    No

  19. #19
    Tan
    Tan is offline
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    298
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Re: Hissho Hachimaki

    Quote Originally Posted by Flight_93
    Along these same lines, I'm interested to see how things shake out for nin meripo with the new Hachiryu gear.

    Losing 7.5acc sucks, but 10STR is a nice mod assuming you're in the 90% acc range..
    I don't know about that, Blade: Jin is a crit hit WS so everything and anything that is going to get you closer to that Crit Hit tier is better than anything else you can get in that slot. I would focus on keeping the max DEX/STR combo when you can until you have enough DEX for the Crit hit tier then after that focus on STR.

  20. #20
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Re: Hissho Hachimaki

    Quote Originally Posted by Tankjr
    Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir
    It's a great piece for MNK no doubt, but the very easy to get Shura head, and to a greater extent Usukane Somen are just much better choices (the latter if you need a bit more ACC)
    No
    Shura head is not good for NIN? What?

    And to the guy above me: Crit tier, afaik, has only been calculated as easily reachable on birds, and is still a fairly retarded thing to hit unless you're a mithra (requires DEX rings, sallet, etc) I just don't feel comfortable with my ACC with a crit setup on jin, and actually parse higher with Usukane Hizayoroi on jin than Byakko's.

    However, Ancient torque, a DEX ring, Hachiryu hands, Byakko's haidate, Usukane Haramaki and a commander's cape will reach 112 DEX for me as a hume, and still be a very decent TP set for birds that allows for crit tier during melee and WS, I would fully endorse parsing the shit out of that set vs. any existing should anyone actually get all these items before I get a chance to.

    For shit like mamool, I would advocate Usukane, and perhaps Hachiryu legs (I need to test them) over byakko's depending on your food, songs, and merits. Shit's situational yo.

    Just a little aside, because I could be wrong. The way I understand it is that from lets say 90 total DEX to 109ish total DEX everything is roughly static besides from the very small expected increase in crit+% once you break 110-112 you reach the new tier and receive the large bonus in crit, so attempting to reach the tier when not possible is not always as good as increasing your fSTR.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast