Thread: Assassin's Creed II     submit to reddit submit to twitter

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

Assassin's Creed II

Cover story for gameinformer this month, 10 page writeup, due out Winter 2009. can't wait can't wait can't wait x 10000000000000000000000000000000

I know... This looks amazing. I LOVED the first one. My only complaint was that I wish there was more replayability so I could find an excuse to keep going with it. The new guy looks awesome, and they don't need to change anything as far as I'm concerned, but apparently there are a lot of changes.

PS. I fucking hate swimming in games, ever since Sonic.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

its set in the late 1400's this time in italy, and has a new main character(playable) seems that Desmond is still gonna be in there as well. Ezio appears to be the new chars name

Quote Originally Posted by izembo View Post
    its set in the late 1400's this time in italy, and has a new main character(playable) seems that Desmond is still gonna be in there as well. Ezio appears to be the new chars name
    Yup, I believe the main city, or one of the main cities is Venice. I just mean they don't need to change the game mechanics or mission objectives. People complain that it's too repetitive, but who cares when that game lets you feel like such a bad ass while doing similar missions? Nothing like the first time I slipped the hidden blade into a guy's neck and then disappeared into a crowd.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

2x hidden blades this time, and you can swim! more i read the better it sounds

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Scans I found on another forum, looking awesome.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Can't wait. I was never really disappointed with the first one, but I do see how things could be improved. Hopefully they're for the best and don't make the game more convoluted than necessary just for the sake of avoiding repetition.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

A bunch of details from the GI preview, the main problem many people had with the first one was the repetitveness, and it looks like they made sure to get that out of the way, which is good to hear.
    All copied from a post on Gamtrailers' forums.
    Spoiler: show

-This game takes place in 15th century Italy, rather than the 12th century Holy Land.

-We have a new player character named Ezio, who was a member of an important family in Italy, now out for revenge for an undisclosed reason (but I think we can all hazard a rough guess)

-Ezio can swim (as he damned well better in Venice)-
    There is much greater weapon variety (more on that later)

-There is also much greater side mission variety (again, more on that later),

-Rather than just taking place in Venice, this game will also take place in Florence (possibly other cities as well, those are just the only confirmed).

-There will be countryside like in the first game, however there will actually be missions to do there, and it won't seem like the cities are the only civilization.

-Bales of hay make a return, but they are no longer the only viable hiding place. You can now blend in with entire crowds, rather than just with monks, as well as in the water (water can also serve in the same function as hay, cushioning a fall) so long as Ezio's breath holds. You can also stage assassination on nearby guards while hidden (for example, pulling a guard into your hay bale and stabbing him)

-"Safe spots" are no longer all that safe. Enemies with pikes and halberds can and will stab hiding places they suspect you to be in.

-There are a great many weapons, but you take them all from enemies. The only weapons you will carry permanently are throwing knives and your hidden blades (yes, that's plural). As such, the unarmed fighting has been revamped with a Disarm move, but Ubisoft has commented that eventually, players are just going to use their hidden blades and not bother with weapons. Creative Director Patrice Desilets commented "If you're really good, I'm hoping that you're mostly fighting with the hidden blades. That's the goal. At the end, you're just a bad-ass assassin, without needing all the weapons."

-Leonardo Da Vinci, Machiavelli, Caterina Sforza, and Lorenzo de Medici are all confirmed to have appearances, with at least Da Vinci playing a major roll.

-Ezio has a reputation. The more assassinations and such that you do, the greater your notoriety. When your notoriety is high, guards are more wary , but you can perform certain missions (such as tearing down wanted posters, bribing those who are talking about you, assassinating witnesses, etc) to get it low again.

-Side missions have been completely revamped. There are apparently 200 missions which can be sorted into 16 categories. However, according to the article, just because there are general categories does not mean that one mission will repeat another. After the article mentioned that Unisoft knew our complaints, Desilets commented "We thought, let's forget entirely about the idea of a really strict mission design concept. There's no preset structure." Also, apparently missions might happen back-to-back, for example, Desilets commented "So you start doing a delivery, and that transforms into a chase, then you end up with a killing mission." A specific example of a single mission provided by the article was "Ezio heads to a nearby palace where a noblewoman holds some vital clue. Upon arriving, she informs him that she is in grave danger, and he must defend her from assassination as they flee through the streets. Reaching a dock along the Venetian canals, they escape by boat, and Ezio must keep the craft afloat until they reach safety."

-There is apparently also more enemy variety. For example, you have your standard mooks, like the first game, but you also have elite mooks who, although only armed with a knife, can follow you on the rooftops, and another type that, although they can't follow you, are very heavily armed and armored.

-There is a night and day cycle.

-Collectibles will serve a purpose other than achievements. The article was tight-lipped on what gameplay purpose they serve, but they mentioned flags, statues and coins, so maybe we can finally give coins to the beggars so they leave us alone.

-In order to make the experience flow, good parkour paths are marked with white sheets.

-New climbing moves have been added. "...the climbing system has been reworked with a new leap and grab maneuver that allows easy traversal of seemingly sheer vertical surfaces."

-A mission wherein you must get into an enemy stronghold with Leonardo's glider. This happens at night, apparently, and your allies light fires on the ground on the way to give you enough updrafts to make it.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

faaaaaaaaaaap

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

niiiiice

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Really excited for this, im sure they'll have alot to show at E3 in june.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

About fucking time, really excited for this.. :D

They gotta get rid of those fracking retarded flag collection missions, otherwise, the first was an amazing game.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

jade's second game will feel even better

Ah, that looks cool. I liked the first one. I liked that I got it for $30.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    Cant wait! I loved the first and the second looks that much better!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

Quote Originally Posted by Faxanadu View Post
    They gotta get rid of those fracking retarded flag collection missions, otherwise, the first was an amazing game.
    says in the article that flag collection is gone in favor of collectibles with a use

The Wang
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Furt Wangler
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Has anyone been to their main site? there's some kind of a puzzle(well not really) thing you have to go through to get info or w/e it is they will give you. you have to like print off this icon and put it up to your webcam so the page can verify it or something to start one of the 'memory sequences' which from my memory of the first one was just cutscenes... looks interesting but I can't do it atm.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I liked the first Assassin's Creed. To a certain point. After killing the five or sixth guy, doing the same exact thing, over and over and over, I quit. The game was seriously fun, I enjoyed the combat system with countering. The game itself was absolutely breathtaking to look at. But it was too monotonous. That kept the game from being a 10 for me.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

That article made me so much more excited for this game, holy shits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast