1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 58 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 16 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 17 hours, 58 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 155 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

FFXIV Random Speculation/Question thread II: Let's Speculate the Speculations

Starting to clean things up.

Old thread:

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89379

Random FFXIV shit/questions/speculations go here.

Page 100 in 2 days, calling it now.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

1st?

On topic. Have we heard about mog houses, or some equivalent? I know "squishy moogle" was confirmed in the dats...

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

from the looks of the in game city maps there isn't a spot for Mog Houses or Residential areas. Maybe the chocobo is the new mog house. :/ I enjoyed decorating my mog house, It will be sad if it's not included in some way.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Do you want us to make a separate thread for images we're not supposed to be posting but are posting anyway or just dump them in here again?

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Page 100 in 2 days, calling it now.
    Only if we let the retards flood the thread with stupid shit this time too =/.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Dredoc View Post
    1st?

On topic. Have we heard about mog houses, or some equivalent? I know "squishy moogle" was confirmed in the dats...
    Poking about with the data led to an "Item Class Furniture" files.

Speculate!

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    Do you want us to make a separate thread for images we're not supposed to be posting but are posting anyway or just dump them in here again?
    Sadly, we are still putting them here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    Only if we let the retards flood the thread with stupid shit this time too =/.
    Ya I am going to make it a point to watch this thread like a hawk in the future so hopefully I can prevent a lot of that stuff.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I will also watch the thread closer and rule with an iron cake-fist.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

This point forward, only ffxiv talk. If you have an issue with the thread/forum/mods. Take it to PMs.

Further off-topic posts will continue to be removed.

It would be awesome if your Chocobo acted as your mule/mog house and you could call it to you anywhere on the map. Thus being able to dump items to storage or switch your job on the fly where ever you would be at.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I hope they implement some way to use enemy skills, BLU in FFXIV if you will. I always had a lot of fun using or learning specific enemy spells in the past FF's.

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    I hope they implement some way to use enemy skills, BLU in FFXIV if you will. I always had a lot of fun using or learning specific enemy spells in the past FF's.
    In my opinion, if they were to implement BLU in FFXIV, it would most likely end up useless and outdone in almost every situation one could think of. Besides, with the way the game mechanics are set up (progression by weapon), how does this even make logical sense?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So basically all the points you can attach to a job like Marauder while using a Conjurer staff and vise versa replaces the concept of subjobs?

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cairthenn View Post
    In my opinion, if they were to implement BLU in FFXIV, it would most likely end up useless and outdone in almost every situation one could think of.
    How do you come to that conclusion?

Besides, with the way the game mechanics are set up (progression by weapon), how does this even make logical sense?
    I am not a game programmer, it was random speculation. I would assume they can come up with some type of system to implement enemy skills that players can use. They have done it for almost every single FF game in the past, no reason they can't find a way for this one.

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

How do you come to that conclusion?
    Based on FFXI.

I am not a game programmer, it was random speculation. I would assume they can come up with some type of system to implement enemy skills that players can use. They have done it for almost every single FF game in the past, no reason they can't find a way for this one.
    It just doesn't seem to come together based on the direction they're going in with job progression at the moment. I guess we'll see.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Based on FFXI.
    Figured it was a lame shot at trying to annoy me.

It just doesn't seem to come together based on the direction they're going in with job progression at the moment. I guess we'll see.
    Yeah, it would just be nice to see it implemented somehow. Maybe not a specific job dedicated to it but something that everyone can utilize somehow like in FF7.

So on the matter of speculation my friend and I have been thinking that that the two handed shield is going to go to shepard so he has a reasonable defense when wolves attack his flock. What about you guys?

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Based on FFXI.
    http://i39.tinypic.com/2r56szb.jpg
    As much as I love BLU though, it probably would be silly in XIV with the way skills carry across jobs. I can only imagine it would just be a case of learning stuff on the enemy skill class then utilizing the few good skills on some of the better classes.

Kirb

Quote Originally Posted by Lunarhawk View Post
    So on the matter of speculation my friend and I have been thinking that that the two handed shield is going to go to shepard so he has a reasonable defense when wolves attack his flock. What about you guys?
    I think that makes no logical sense, honestly. Considering Shepherds have never used shields, and nobody really thinks 2-handed shield when thinking of a Shepard tending to his animals. A staff or cane instantly comes to mind.

I can't remember, were 2-handed shields actually confirmed, even?

Also, did anyone else see the Arcanist's Guild with their goggles and giant microscope, and think 'Chemist?' (Or a science-based mage.)
    Did anyone manage to take a screen of the strange weapon they were carrying on their backs?

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I think he was just being funny, I do remember a picture of a 2-handed shield though.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 155 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast