BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Wii problem -- WTF?

okay so, all of a sudden I go into the mii channel, and the remote stops responding.

I try rebooting, resyncing the controller, nothing works. I try my other controller, doesn't work.

I can't seem to be able to get the wii to read the controllers now... does anyone know wtf just happened and how I can get it to resync? (i'm pretty sure i'm doing the syncing right... holding the button on the controller then holding the sync button on the wii...)

Any help would be appreciated.

Try Unplugging the wii completely and resynching? Thats what I did for mine.

Unplug-Replug-Resynch

Batteries ok?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Batteries okay, it just refused to accept the sync signals from the controllers.

It's fixed now, I unplugged the Wii for a minute, and then held the Sync button on the Wii itself for 20 seconds to clear all the syncs it had on it, after that it accepted all 4 controllers.

Thanks.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Ugh, now the controller is actually shaking (you see the hand shaking constantly, even when I put it down.)

Is the controller just messed up?

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso
    Ugh, now the controller is actually shaking (you see the hand shaking constantly, even when I put it down.)

Oh. Thats just the gyro thingy out of place. Hit it in your hand a few times, should fix it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso

Voodo dick

Corwens a slot
    BG Level

My wii cable fucked up or something, I hear sound but have no video now... and the component cables dont come out for couple weeks I think >.>;

And so it begins.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

yea i bet its something where u have to resync, i had a very similar problem where it just kinda froze up, just had to resync, if u have another remote, try using that as well

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I tried smacking the controller up a bit, but it doesn't solve the shaking issue... anything else? or just a dumb faulty controller (my other ones don't do it.)

Have you tried adjusting the Wii Remote's sensitivity? I believe from the main menu you can go into Settings and it is somewhere in that mess.

Honestly, i didn't see much of a difference when i lowered the sensitivity there, but perhaps you see a better result for your Remote's seizures.

I find it odd that some games, the cursor is just as smooth as can be (Elebits for example) and yet in the menu or on Wii Sports its a bit jaggy.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

To be honest, when I play Zelda and use a bow or the clawshot, it's as steady as a rock...

But for some reason when i'm in the Wii menu (especially the Mii Channel) it just shakes like nobody's business.

I tried messing with the sensitivity, but the window they have there with the two dots look the same no matter what level I put it on, so I just left it at 3 (which was the default.)

Yeah most people are always going to have those 2 dots, and that is a good thing since it indicates your Sensor Bar is not having any issues. But obviously not such a great thing if you are trying to smooth out the Cursor.

Sadly, each game has its own internal settings for the Cursor/Sensitivity. Zelda, for example, uses tweening and a higher sensitivity hence why it is much smoother than the Wii's "desktop" cursor.

Hopefully this gets adjusted in an update, though i have read that it already has been tweaked in the initial update.

Try lowering the sensitivity to 1 or 2 during the day, when brighter light in the room may be affecting the sensitivity even more.

But, really, it sounds like the jittery-ness isn't so much curable. If you have re-synced it (with the button in the battery case) and you have tried a lower sensitivity, there really isn't much else that can be done sadly.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yeah... also, at the beginning I thought that my other controller was fine, but when I checked it yesterday it was jiggling around the wii channel as well, just like the other one.

But yeah, it's not like the sensor bar is messed up or anything, this seems to be a recurring theme among controllers. I just hope they do fix it soon because it's rather frustrating.

Just to exhaust all avenues...

Cursor is off-center, jerky, erratic, disappears, etc.

* Verify that the Wii Remote's pointer lens is free of obstructions and contamination (stickers, heavy smudges, etc.). The pointer lens is the tinted rectangle at the end of the Wii Remote.

* Try using another Wii Remote, if possible, and check to see if you experience the same problem.
    o If only one Wii Remote is not responding correctly, there is likely a problem with the Wii Remote. Please click here for repair information.
    o If more than one Wii Remote is not responding correctly, or if you only have one Wii Remote, please continue with troubleshooting.

* Check the Directional Sensor Functionality by turning the Wii Remote upside down so that the buttons face the ground. If the cursor doesn't point down, this indicates a problem with the motion sensor in the Wii Remote. Please click here for repair information.

* Verify that there are no bright light sources, including sunlight, behind or near the TV, shining towards the Wii Remote or reflecting off the TV screen. Avoid sources of infrared light in the gameplay area such as electric, propane or kerosene heaters, flames from fireplaces or candles, and stoves or other sources of heat. If there are bright lights shinning directly behind the TV or on the screen, turn the lights off.

* Make sure that the Sensor Bar is setup correctly:
    o Check the cord on the Sensor Bar for any frayed wires or kinks, and verify that the Sensor Bar is free of obstructions.
    o Verify that the Wii Remote is being used between 3 and 8 feet directly in front of the TV, and that the Sensor Bar is placed properly (see Sensor Bar setup).
    o Make sure that the Sensor Bar sensitivity is properly set:
    + The Sensor Bar sensitivity determines the distance the player can be from the TV. If you move out of the range of the Sensor Bar the cursor can become erratic. For information on adjusting the Sensor Bar sensitivity, click here.
    + The higher the sensitivity is set, the more susceptible the Sensor Bar is to light and infrared heat sources. Make sure there are no bright light sources, including sunlight, behind or near the TV, shining towards the remote or reflecting off the TV screen. Avoid sources of infrared light in the gameplay area such as electric, propane or kerosene heaters, flames from fireplaces or candles, and stoves or other sources of heat.

* Verify Sensitivity Setting dots:
    Go to the Sensor Bar's sensitivity setting in the Wii menu (click here for directions on accessing this feature).
    o If only one or no dots appear on the sensitivity screen, there is likely a problem with the Sensor Bar. Please click here for repair information.
    o If there are more than two dots, then it appears there is an additional light or infrared heat source being picked up by the Wii Remote. Avoid sources of infrared light in the gameplay area such as electric, propane or kerosene heaters, flames from fireplaces or candles, and stoves or other sources of heat.
    o If both dots appear and the erratic behavior continues even when you move closer to the TV, there is likely a problem with the Wii console and it will need to be repaired. Please click here for repair options.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yeah I did all that... maybe my room is just too bright.