1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 53 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 6 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 1 hours, 53 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 8 hours, 6 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Guild Mark Data Collection

It might help in spotting patterns if we actually started collecting some data about which guildleves offer marks and how many you've gotten. We assume that all guildleves can result in marks, but is this really the case? Who knows? If it turned out that only certain guildleves could offer marks, you could ignore all the other ones and save some time. Also, even if you don't get marks, post that too. Maybe we could establish a mark probability. Eventually I can turn this into a google spreadsheet after there's sufficient data. Obviously only post information for r20 leves and higher.

So anyway, I'll start:

Tradeskill: Blacksmith
    City: Gridania
    Guildleve: [20]Making Headway
    Performance Rating: 67
    Reward: 407 Blacksmiths' Guild Marks

Tradeskill: Leatherworking
    Guildleve: [20]Strapped for Straps
    Performance Rating: 49
    Reward: 810 Leatherworkers' Guild Marks

Guildleve: [20]Back in the Harness
    Performance Rating: 49
    Reward: 1006 Leatherworkers' Guild Marks

Edit: WTF at going 3/3 on guild marks for this leve cycle so far.

Edit 2: Posts in the following format are preferred:
    Code:
    LeveName   Craft   Rank  YourName   City   PerformanceRating    GilReward   MarksReward
    Example:

Code:
    Making Headway        BSM    20   Bruiser   Gridania   67   0   407
    Strapped for Straps   TAN    20   Bruiser   Gridania   49   0   810
    Back in the Harness   TAN    20   Bruiser   Gridania   49   0   1006
    Edit 3: I made a simple spreadsheet showing off what kind of visualization I think is possible with this data.

Updated 11/23/2010 8:29PM PST
    https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BzI...CP_FhpII&hl=en

Disclamer: The probability graph and the graphs for higher rank leves will probably fluctuate alot and be unstable until there is significantly more data. Please don't post saying that something is wrong with it Probably 150-200 records where marks were actually obtained are needed for them to stabilize, which means over 1,000 records overall.

Conclusions so far:
    - Leve rank does not affect mark probability
    - Performance rating affects reward amount, and appears to scale linearly, possibly in tiers.
    - There may be a global maximum to the reward amount which is a function of leve rank, and no matter how astronomically high your performance rating is, you can't pass the global cap for a particular rank.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Good idea, but please also post the rank of the leve.

Thanks, edited the OP

Rainbow Dash was here,
    Applejack is a silly filly.

BG Level

Wait you guys actually get guildmarks on your crafting leves?

I've got CRP25 and I've never missed a set of leves and I've gotten 910 guild marks since CE release through quests.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Will edit this post as I turn in more leves.

Guildleve: [30]Cord and Orders
    Performance Rating: 28
    Reward: ~6000g

Guildleve: [20]Cord and Orders
    Performance Rating: 36
    Reward: 3753g

Guildleve: [30]Back in the Harness
    Performance Rating: 23
    Reward: 4059g

Tradeskill: Clothcraft
    Guildleve: [25]Clearing Emerald Moss
    Performance Rating: 60
    Reward: 5400g

City: Limsa-Lominsa
    Guildleve: [20]The Mad Tanner
    Performance Rating: 73
    Reward: 9272g

Guildleve: [30]Training and Tailoring
    Performance Rating: 37
    Reward: 7315g

Guildleve: [30]Outfitting the Shore
    Performance Rating: 33
    Reward: 9655g

Just want to re-iterate, that if you are posting at all, please post non guildmark rewards as well, otherwise the results will skew.

I've got CRP25 and I've never missed a set of leves and I've gotten 910 guild marks since CE release through quests.
    TBQH I get them pretty often. I've attempted 3 r20 leves so far this cycle. Succeeded all 3, and got guild marks on all 3. Obviously these results are atypical, but just to put it in perspective, my crafts are 22TAN and 20BSM and I've got 1,706 Blacksmithing Marks and 2,637 Leatherworking Marks. And I haven't even done either of the 2 quests yet. So I really don't know what to make of it, but I've had phenomenal luck with guild marks so far, just from reading everyone else's results.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Has anyone even seen Guild Marks (most likely for disciples of the land/hand) as a reward for the Horn of Hand Faction Leve "Collecting Sea Shells?"

I updated the OP with a link to an Excel spreadsheet. I'm not using google spreadsheet because it doesn't have the features I needed to do this. It's still simple since there's not much data, but hopefully pepole get the idea of what is possible with enough data. All I have to do is add rows to the Database worksheet, and everything else is magic. The "By Craft" worksheet also has a useful calculated table which breaks down results individually by craft.

So yea.. Just post the results of every local leve you do, gil or marks.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    TBQH I get them pretty often. I've attempted 3 r20 leves so far this cycle. Succeeded all 3, and got guild marks on all 3. Obviously these results are atypical, but just to put it in perspective, my crafts are 22TAN and 20BSM and I've got 1,706 Blacksmithing Marks and 2,637 Leatherworking Marks. And I haven't even done either of the 2 quests yet. So I really don't know what to make of it, but I've had phenomenal luck with guild marks so far, just from reading everyone else's results.
    Just wondering... Do you happen to switch to the appropriate class before accepting a leve? i.e. switch to Leatherworker before accepting a Tanning leve? Then switch to Blacksmith before accepting the Blacksmithing leve?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I hate that you went 3/3 on craft marks :\ I'm 26 and I've never seen a single local with marks.

Vuitton

Are these 100% complete attempts? (ie: you successfully synthed all the mats including the extras) Because the chance for marks could be higher if you use the bonus mats successfully. You might need to start putting 4/6 attempts completed, 5/6, 6/6, et.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuitton View Post
    Are these 100% complete attempts? (ie: you successfully synthed all the mats including the extras) Because the chance for marks could be higher if you use the bonus mats successfully. You might need to start putting 4/6 attempts completed, 5/6, 6/6, et.
    That's not a bad idea. To answer some other questions in this thread:

- For that complete leve cycle, I actually went 4/7 on marks. This is highly atypical, but I get at least 1 mark reward probably half the time.
    - For alot of those that I did get marks, I did actually successfully synth every item, including bonus mats. But I didn't record it, and I'm sure it wasn't the case for all 4 times I received marks.
    - I don't ever intentionally switch to the appropriate class when accepting or turning in particular leves. Although obviously for the ones where you get the mats from an NPC in town and turn them into the same NPC, it's pretty rare that I'm not turning it in on the same class.

Anyway, it would be nice if I had some more data from others. I fully intend to continue recording my own data for every local leve I do, but it will be slow going unless I have other people regularly contributing data as well.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    Has anyone even seen Guild Marks (most likely for disciples of the land/hand) as a reward for the Horn of Hand Faction Leve "Collecting Sea Shells?"
    I've only ever seen Conjurer and Thaumaturge marks on that one. I usually pick it up as soon as marks appear on it (not gonna pass on 4500ish marks) but I somewhat doubt land and hand can show up there. I have lots of classes that would meet the requirements yet only Magic ever showed up so far. Could be a coincidence though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuitton View Post
    All my 20's are usually fully completed (barring a freaky break or me getting greedy from bold), though funnily enough the only leve to give me marks (and I do mean the only leve) I didn't fully complete. My 30s are more often than not missing a few synths, but usually complete.

Rainbow Dash was here,

BG Level

To Dig a Dry Moat
    Rank 20 Carpentry
    Received 353 guild marks
    Based on a performance rating of 38
    Finished 100% of the crafts

Did you only do 1 leve or something? It doesn't help if people only report leves that awarded marks, because then the probability of getting marks is goign to be highly skewed.

@Rammses: Could you just add a new post each time? It makes it easier to keep track of what the last thing I recorded is, and plus I wasn't re-reading old posts and didn't even realize you had updated that until just now.

BTW I need more ideas for what kind of charts / tables would be useful in the spreadsheet.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Tradeskill: Alchemy
    Guildleve: [20] Starveling Soldiers
    Performance Rating: 38
    Reward: 4692 gil

Tradeskill: Cooking
    Guildleve: [20] Battle of the Breads
    Performance Rating: 42
    Reward: 6191 gil

I got hosed on Rank-20+ leves even being available this time around.

Rainbow Dash was here,

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    Did you only do 1 leve or something? It doesn't help if people only report leves that awarded marks, because then the probability of getting marks is goign to be highly skewed.
    That was the only leve in Gridania that was in my level range that would give more than 50exp per synth

What, you guys dont get offered 8 leves and 7 of them are level 1-5? I assumed this happened for everyone...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by #686578 View Post
    That was the only leve in Gridania that was in my level range that would give more than 50exp per synth

What, you guys dont get offered 8 leves and 7 of them are level 1-5? I assumed this happened for everyone...
    Every week, every city.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast