Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 860 of 957
  1. #841
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,180
    BG Level
    8

    There is almost always one vendor in the big towns (many small ones as well) that sell the outfit.

  2. #842
    A. Body
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,167
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Spoiler: show

    My evil shidobu. first male character i've made since tera... lol


    Brown Sugar nerva . Gdamn she sexy went 1/2 on that costume MEANWHILE IM FUCKING 0/80 ON THE DREAD TIDE ARENA GI


    Best que system i've ever seen

  3. #843
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20,640
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

    Dobu puttin' in work.

  4. #844
    Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,008
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    So dumb question: are the Bamboo guard/Black Ram marauder outfits hostile towards other NPCs only? or also hostile to other PCs wearing them? All I ever seem to see are people killing guards.

  5. #845
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,180
    BG Level
    8

    Yes, if someone is wearing the other side's outfit, you can attack them.

  6. #846
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    12,467
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    There's even achievements for killing people wearing those other factions outfits.

  7. #847
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,757
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Yabby View Post
    Yes, if someone is wearing the other side's outfit, you can attack them.
    I didn't know this and thought it was an npc that walked into a town and destroyed them lol c:

    Question though, just started playing cause the lady wanted to try it out. It seems fun, reminds me of Tera. Anything I should keep in mind/focus on for Blade dancer / non premium?

  8. #848
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    947
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Zaela'saani Anahss
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

    Is there any benefit to killing NPCs with the faction armor on? I constantly see someone, or even a few people, killing NPCs in town for hours at a time.

  9. #849
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,232
    BG Level
    6

    I think you can get tokens from them (or from the bosses that occasionally spawn from killing guards)

  10. #850
    Doesn't take it for granite
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,370
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Tokens which can be used to purchase some outfits. I think they can also drop from kills as well.

  11. #851
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,180
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    I didn't know this and thought it was an npc that walked into a town and destroyed them lol c:

    Question though, just started playing cause the lady wanted to try it out. It seems fun, reminds me of Tera. Anything I should keep in mind/focus on for Blade dancer / non premium?
    I don't play BD so i'm not sure if anything is different job wise. I guess i can go over general things to not do.

    Don't waste unsealing charms on shields unless you got them from a purple dungeon or a world boss Wheel. Mainly because you don't really need to upgrade too much on your way to 45. (I personally ran to 45 with the only real upgrade being the lvl 20 (Tomb of Ex..) shield and and upgrade at 30 at some point.

    Never sell Soul shields to NPC, salvage them all.

    Never open chests in mini dungeon's, they use keys and normally don't give you anything worth the key. You will need keys for upgrading your weapons.

    Start your crafts early, you can have 4 at a time. They tend to tell you which crafts work well together. If you do it early you won't have to back track to find stuff later.

    F8 (I think it's f8, cross-server-dungeon finder) is your friend. Do no use wind strides to go to a dungeon start point. You don't need to. Use F8, it will teleport you there and the NPC will have the daily for the dungeon as well. Save your money and time.

    When you get to PVP daily stuff, do them asap. You want to be able to do the 45 ones as soon as you can. They give soulstones when are in high demand currently. (i'm not 100% but after an update or two, they will be easier to get, but currently the pvp stuff is the only way to get more than a few a day.)

    I'm sure there are other things, but these are the important ones off the top of my head for someone leveling and not at cap yet.

  12. #852
    Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    28,410
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Downloaded the game, made my Dimmauk Connery elvaan looking Destroyer, and as Im watching the opening scene, Im wondering why Im in a fishing boat and why am I fishing myself out of a boat. Turns out the first NPC I see looks like me. I think Im going to delete and go for a new look.

  13. #853
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    12,621
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    Downloaded the game, made my Dimmauk Connery elvaan looking Destroyer, and as Im watching the opening scene, Im wondering why Im in a fishing boat and why am I fishing myself out of a boat. Turns out the first NPC I see looks like me. I think Im going to delete and go for a new look.
    That is pretty amazing.

    And regarding BD, Ill post a link to my skill build. It has a bunch of must get stuff for PvE. Draw stance is your main damage and you become an OP machine during it even during PvP. There are ways through skill points to keep draw stance basically up 75% of the time, but you lose out on some much needed invulnerability moves so its a toss up on how squishy you want to be

  14. #854
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,999
    BG Level
    7

    Does anyone know the DPS chart for our current patch? Trying to get an accurate idea of actual DPS positions since it's so varied and I'm trying to avoid a poor opinion. I remember in TERA people when it came out to NA spouting the wrong information for the longest until people realized how strong berserkers actually were <_<
    (PVP chart too would be nice :D )



    Also any guides on how to play certain classes would be nice, looking at blade master atm. I have a friend running KFM so I'm wondering if it's even worth while to play BM. Also anyone knowing a jist of the "desired" classes for a party that will almost always get a spot would be nice too

  15. #855
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,180
    BG Level
    8

    I don't think i've ever partied with people and looked for a certain job. It is 99% the player.

  16. #856
    Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,236
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

    Ideally you want a KFM and a Summoner for dat healing. Force Master also makes a lot of bosses pretty easy with their group shielding.

  17. #857
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,999
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    Ideally you want a KFM and a Summoner for dat healing. Force Master also makes a lot of bosses pretty easy with their group shielding.
    So blade master is poop then not as ideal? I thought that was the better tank than KFM

  18. #858
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    12,621
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    They both have their pros and cons over the other. In the end play what you want and as long as you are good people will want you around

  19. #859
    Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,236
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

    Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    So blade master is poop then not as ideal? I thought that was the better tank than KFM
    KFM provides party heals. 5% of your max HP per hit.

  20. #860
    Doesn't take it for granite
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,370
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Humble request, there is a thread on the BnS Offishal Forum where I'm trying to determine if there is a common link for players that have the same disconnection issue as myself. Part of the search is also seeing what people with functional clients are using as well. Any help is appreciated!

    (1000)(132,10054) Group thread

Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast