Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 141
  1. #81
    RIDE ARMOR
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    17
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by Nevex View Post
    Most of these are unexpectedly hilarious.
    THF,SCH and COR are pretty fitting, BLM is an obvious FFIX reference, as is SMN's with the various Chocobo summons in the past games.
    DRK is... a Dark Knight reference I guess?
    I never understood why RDM keeps being associated to red roses in this game (Death Blossom anyone).
    Agreed. You'd think they'd give it to DNC.

  2. #82
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    498
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Its funny cause Orochimaru and Tsunade are both part of the Gallant Jairaya tale, =p.

    Each with their "Masterys" intact. Tsunade > Snail, Orochimaru > Snakes, and of course Jairaya > Toad

    I hear Mjollnr is a blatant Marvel Comics reference, c/d

  3. #83
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,752
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    I was expecting the ninja to turn into a log.
    oicwhatyoudidthere

    i have to say only pld and rdm's makes me go "got a bit lazy there hey?"

    i was saying a few weeks ago DRG needed to gain wings when they absorb wyverns from 2hr (just so it look like the energy is been taken out of them as they move)
    SAM looks like soul caliber's SAM
    and the bst Rabbit ears looks 100% the same as the rabbit ears from the bunny mask in Zelda OoT

  4. #84
    aduidarnenye
    Guest

    The development team has invested in some good drugs. Very good drugs.

    All I see is hypnotoad:

  5. #85
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    8,659
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Quote Originally Posted by aduidarnenye View Post
    The development team has invested in some good drugs. Very good drugs.
    Or more like they're having fun since the brutal Tanaka regime packed up and rolled out.

  6. #86
    Every day I'm wafflin'
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,453
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    and the bst Rabbit ears looks 100% the same as the rabbit ears from the bunny mask in Zelda OoT
    Not really, those were yellow with white insides.

    http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/ze...7s_Mask%29.png

  7. #87
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,436
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Newsflash:
    I do not care about the Delay reduction cap, because from now on I will be on BST. Every one of my macros will involve that emote in some way.
    <Community Team Person 1>: oh shit, they're on the verge of working out there's a delay reduction cap, this is gonna piss off the nin and dnc crowd badly!
    <Community Team Manager>: fuck. Best release the giant frogs, pom-poms, and bunny ears ahead of schedule.

    Also, missed the any job/quest thing before. Never felt happier to have all jobs bar pup 40+!

  8. #88
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,397
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    These are great! Bonus points if your group uses the COR coin toss to make a decision such as which NM will we pop next or who is going to be tank or healer today.

  9. #89
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,333
    BG Level
    7

    everything is better without old dev team. I'm on a frog.
    (Go ahead, I earned it, but someone had to say it!)

  10. #90
    Elvaan Death Machine
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,281
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    I wish I could keep the Sam Flag out all the time, Fuck Yeah Battle Flag!

  11. #91
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,446
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Pretty awesome lol

  12. #92
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,825
    BG Level
    8

    Battle Director is the best Director.

    Although no one should fool themselves; these guys have more money at their disposal than the 2008-2009 dev team. They sure know how to use 'em effectively though!

    I'm pretty sure Komoto hasn't directed XI since CoP though. Who did they ditch?

  13. #93
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    324
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by scaevola View Post
    I hear Mjollnr is a blatant Marvel Comics reference, c/d
    If I were a mod I would ban every single person who said "OMG WOW GREAT NARUTO REFERENCE xD"

  14. #94
    Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,275
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by scaevola View Post
    I hear Mjollnr is a blatant Marvel Comics reference, c/d
    You do realize i was implying that Naruto took those 3 from the Tale itself keeping each of their Magics intact as "masterys" right?

    or were you too stupid to catch on to that.

    Rhetorical question, you were too stupid.

    I mean, If you had quoted the first half of my post, which implies i like it cause of naruto, it'd have made sense. But my second half was blatantly saying "Yah, I like how Naruto copied these from the Tale of Jairaya and kept their skills intact".

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezhno View Post
    If I were a mod I would ban every single person who said "OMG WOW GREAT NARUTO REFERENCE xD"
    Its not uncommon for people to relate to things that are more common, despite its absolute origin. Naruto is a popular Anime/manga, just look at the thread in Bentertainment Geekly, its obvious a lot of people would recognize it from Naruto, instead of a Japanese Tale (Albiet where naruto got the idea from ).

    Think maybe you guys are just a little too anal atm. Lighten up?

  15. #95
    >The Implying
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,039
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Well, shit. Now I have to go and level COR and a bunch of other things.

    Pleasantly surprised by WHM and SMN emotes.
    MNK is obvious homage to ye olde Boost macros of yesteryear.

  16. #96
    Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    3,497
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    173

    Added BG mirror to OP.

  17. #97
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    324
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Its not uncommon for people to relate to things that are more common, despite its absolute origin. Naruto is a popular Anime/manga, just look at the thread in Bentertainment Geekly, its obvious a lot of people would recognize it from Naruto, instead of a Japanese Tale (Albiet where naruto got the idea from ).

    Think maybe you guys are just a little too anal atm. Lighten up?
    I'm a scholar of Japanese literature. It's my job to be anal about this shit.

  18. #98
    Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,275
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezhno View Post
    I'm a scholar of Japanese literature. It's my job to be anal about this shit.
    This makes perfect sense, actually.

    You have a good excuse >.>

  19. #99
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,397
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezhno View Post
    I'm a scholar of Japanese literature. It's my job to be anal about this shit.
    But isn't it possible that the effects team themselves do not know the actual origin?

    I could make a comic book about Orcs and claim that it was inspired by Warcraft, even though the concept of Orcs has been around for much much longer.

  20. #100
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,790
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragns View Post
    Added BG mirror to OP.
    BG mirror is slower lol. 25KBps vs 85 KBps

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Version Update Has Arrived! (03/22/2010)
    By Not Kuno in forum FFXI: Official News and Information
    Replies: 126
    Last Post: 2010-04-19, 12:07
  2. FINAL FANTASY XI ULTIMATE COLLECTION Now Available on Steam! (11/19/2009)
    By Izzy in forum FFXI: Official News and Information
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 2010-01-03, 00:15