what in the fucking fuck are you talking about? this is one of the dumbest things i've ever read
what in the fucking fuck are you talking about? this is one of the dumbest things i've ever read
Give rdm and sch something in between 4 and 5 that gives hate or give a cure4 that is hateless. That is what I'd personally like
Ha-Ha. A nice hearty Fuck you to all the twat waffles that have been driving up the price of R3 thinking sch would get this update. Of course, I wouldn't have coughed up 400k for a spell I can't cast on myself and told you to eat a dick and a R2.
GIVE US YUGLKRIEG.
Now that you mention it, yeah, that does seem kinda fucked up. Maybe SE just feels sorry for RNG? Of course if that really were the case, they'd give us that enmity based on range adjustment like previously promised. Bastards.
Oh yeah, and how about Heal Breath 5 already. HB3 just doesn't cut it even with Relic.
That's what I meant, more or less.
They haven't announced new WSs yet and the last news release pre-patch will probably be on Friday. We already know it's going to be about job adjustments. Last (two?) times new WSs meritted a separate notice and a video. I'd love to eat my words and have them break their MWF release schedule with a one today, but it hasn't happened yet and doesn't look very likely.
assuming we get new ws at all (seriously hoping we do). So little time left to announce anything; starting to worry about the amount of content in this expac.
Well, the only thing announced in the pre update notes 3 weeks ago that hasn't been highlited yet is the Magian Trials additions, which are always taken foranyway.
I'd expect maybe a tweak / expansion to the old merit system with everybody full merited everywhere nowadays. But I don't really expect any "job specific" major things to come up.
Countertanking with a RDM compared to a WHM is significantly less powerful for this reason, given you are hoping to exceed your lost HP with healing power which is unlikely to happen. If with a RDM, try methods which are more sustainable, like evasion tanking. With Tavnazian Tacos on, Sickle Slash rarely if ever breaks 600 on my THF.
Not saying RDM doesn't deserve Cure V, because I think it does - but I think relying on a method of tanking which involves you taking large spike damages with a RDM is risky territory.
I'm pretty sure Sickle Slash can still break 2000 on MNK with or without Counterstance. In fact, I find most NMs in abyssea really don't hit much harder with Counterstance up. Some TP moves are bad with it up, but I can't think of them right now.
Also, keep in mind the other two TP moves I mentioned, Incinerate and Maelstrom, will do the same damage regardless of Counterstance. Yeah, you could gear up for MDT, but the trade off in damage really won't be worth it.
Honestly, I know some RDMs go out of their way to gear well but in my experience a large proportion of RDMs can't be bothered to get a decent Cure set. RDMs even more than SCHs can get access to a freaking ton of Cure potency gear but you're lucky to see peeps who do more than stick on a light staff and a bunch of MND. No, Cure IV isn't enough for Abyssea curing. I don't bring RDM for curing, I bring my WHM. I have RDMs levelling WHM in my shell now so they can keep up. Good for us, interest in WHM was on the decline for quite a while.
I think SE is just focusing on giving more items with Cure potency and may think about giving SCH the ability to ninja boost their cures with something which augments healing magic. Although Rapture kinda covers it...
It might have something to do with the fact most of Red Mage's cure potency gear barring staff comes from either an Campaign Op that's never open, mini-expansions most people labeled shitty, or are R/Ex.
5%+5%+3%+20%+3%+5% = 41% cure potency
Serpentes + ASA legs + MKE hat + HQ Surya's + HQ Fylgia + Roundel
It's still only ~550HP/cast. That's 3-4 casts per TP move on some things.
+10% (Aurorastorm/Korin Obi) = 605 HP. Rapture it, 910 HP. Divine Seal it (though Sch/Whm is lol), 1820HP. Plus that MND stat boosts in Abyssea, as well as (presumably) some Cure Enhancement Atma that's not out there yet, could prob hit 2k.
Maybe.
But that's all within Abyssea. Outside, curing isn't that much of a problem for any of the jobs. Though SCH can't wear Roundel. Still, I'm procing out 510 Cure4's on Sch.
SE hates DRK.