Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 113
  1. #41
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    24
    BG Level
    1
    FFXIV Character
    Will Lannister
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Staghelm

    Oh >_>, I back up regularly for cases like this!

  2. #42
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    427
    BG Level
    4

    this doesnt work i just did it, and i STILL have insufficient space

  3. #43
    RIDE ARMOR
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    12
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

    After trying se's "Fix" the error message says I need 1.9gigs of free space now instead of 1010mb.

  4. #44
    Hydra
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    102
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Yeah this totally sucks, my ps2 is about 10 years old and it cant even read a disk anymore lol, nor do i still have all the install disks. So i been playing on my xbox but since update yesterday even my xbox is having issues randomly freezeing in the stupidest of zones, never happened til yesterday, GM says multiple calls were made about all consoles and they was looking into it, so meh, maybe fixed soon? if not time to bust out them savings and buy a pc!

  5. #45
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    427
    BG Level
    4

    i just called them as they opened, was told they are still working on the issue.........................

  6. #46
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    30
    BG Level
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by TehKerm View Post
    Yeah this totally sucks, my ps2 is about 10 years old and it cant even read a disk anymore lol.
    That's my problem too. I can't believe they are requiring a reinstall.
    "Please note that we are planning on implementing a method for version updates to be performed even when there is little space available on hard drives. Even after the implementation of this system, a clean installation will be required to remove unnecessary files."

    If they can't delete the unnecessary files during the update, why don't they "update" those unnecessary files with versions that are empty so they don't suck up space.

  7. #47
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    37
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Quote Originally Posted by tylerderdin4
    says i need 1.3G so i deleted playonline portion on xbox harddrive so will know in few minutes

    it did free up 4.3 g
    Quote Originally Posted by TehKerm
    So i been playing on my xbox but since update yesterday even my xbox is having issues randomly freezeing in the stupidest of zones, never happened til yesterday
    Having the same problems on my 360.

    1. Tried update, not enough space. Needed 1.3 GB.
    2. Couldn't free up 1.3 GB, so had to delete the 3.5 GB POL install (not sure if this caused issues or not -- unsure if it was even used).
    3. Successfully updated.
    4. Logged in, Xbox froze within 20 minutes.
    5. Restarted, got the first "Unreadable Disc" error I've ever seen (Xbox has frozen many many times, never had this error upon restart)
    6. Tried the fix where you play music while launching POL, and it worked, but the console froze 4 more time on me in the ~2 hours I was online.

  8. #48
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,002
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    If I can get my system to update, I'll rip the files again and torrent them like I did in March. However, you'll need to make your PS2 capable of running homebrew uLaunchELF to use the files. That will also let you back up your macro and map marker files.

    They probably don't remember how to expand the partition, since so much of the staff has changed since they did it last in 2003. That or they have to expand it before they run out of space, and now it's too late to do it with a patch without redoing the entire patch.

  9. #49
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    53
    BG Level
    2

    yea had unreadable disc so decided to redo whole xbox and clean it out

    had to reinstall all discs and left for work for 10hrs and had 7hrs left

    this shit is stupid

    never had problem for 5yrs till now

  10. #50
    EternalBlowJob
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    822
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Siren

    I also had gotten the unreadable disc error. Also, I froze in abyssea yesterday as well. on my 360. Like "wtf"

  11. #51
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1
    BG Level
    0
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by Gekido View Post
    After trying se's "Fix" the error message says I need 1.9gigs of free space now instead of 1010mb.
    Has anyone done the clean re-installation and had SE's "Fix" actually work?

  12. #52
    Yvonne
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Flaire View Post
    Has anyone done the clean re-installation and had SE's "Fix" actually work?

    I was still up all night from the 4Loco/SSFIV marathon and I did follow the instructions as soon as they released it.

    It did not work. Still gave the same error message.

    Strangely enough, someone in my LS said they didn't have a problem with their PS2. He could be the minority. Like I said earlier, some PS3 units aren't affected by it either.

    I'd also like to follow up with the 360 users, does your system lock-up/freeze when you zone through areas? It seems to be a common problem on PS3s for certain ToA and Abyssea zones.

  13. #53
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    95
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Yvonne View Post
    I'd also like to follow up with the 360 users, does your system lock-up/freeze when you zone through areas? It seems to be a common problem on PS3s for certain ToA and Abyssea zones.
    My ps3 would freeze about 50% of the time zoning through maws. But that's a problem I've had before the update.

  14. #54
    Yvonne
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Laelani View Post
    My ps3 would freeze about 50% of the time zoning through maws. But that's a problem I've had before the update.
    Great, least it's a common problem then. I called up SE about it and they were pretty upfront that they can't support people using PS3s for XI.

  15. #55
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    7
    BG Level
    0
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    After messing around with it for awhile I got my ps2 to finally read the ffxi disc, hopefully this reinstallation works for me :/

  16. #56
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    37
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Quote Originally Posted by Yvonne
    I'd also like to follow up with the 360 users, does your system lock-up/freeze when you zone through areas? It seems to be a common problem on PS3s for certain ToA and Abyssea zones.
    Playing on 360 - Yesterday after logging in, Xbox locked up as I approached the moogle by Maat to do limit break. 2nd time as I approached the moogle to buy a Mog Sack. 3rd time by Horst. 4th time by Horst again, about 10 seconds after I got re-logged in. 5th time awhile later while standing around outside K.Highlands Maw.

    My Xbox has locked up plenty of times before, but it's always after prolonged periods of play in heavy lag - Beseiged, Campaign, and after ~2+ hours of an Abyssea alliance. In those cases, the lockup is always preceded by a gradual slow-down, like the console is slowly running out of resources or something. It has never happened so often or as randomly as yesterday, and never had the unreadable disc error till yesterday.

  17. #57
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    427
    BG Level
    4

    I called SE again and they told me to format the HD using the PS2 HDD disc... which I'm not going to bother what. I'm curious, does anyone know if I could put my PS2 HD into my PC and extract the macros/map markers, logon through windows with all those in-tact, and back them up?

  18. #58
    RIDE ARMOR
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    12
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

    Did a fresh install of FFXI and all of the expansions and now I'm updating, currently at 49% Time Remaining: Unknown.

  19. #59
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    427
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Gekido View Post
    Did a fresh install of FFXI and all of the expansions and now I'm updating, currently at 49% Time Remaining: Unknown.
    same here on the preparing update part, 67%.

    Edit: Didn't work, just like i thought...

  20. #60
    Qoh
    Qoh is offline
    RIDE ARMOR
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10
    BG Level
    1

    so far it seems it worked for me. i did the clean install like it explained not with all expansions and I didnt do it for POL, i only did the original ffxi disc. So far I have gotten past the preparing part and am downloading. up to 66% downloaded so far of the nearly 20k files /sigh

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Unofficial Fix for PS2 Drive Space Error
    By bungiefan in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2011-01-07, 11:02
  2. Error Updating after this last update..
    By psnsonixx in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 2008-07-23, 11:48
  3. Strange Update Errors
    By Ludaen in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 2006-04-18, 21:08