Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 328
  1. #161
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    75
    BG Level
    2
    FFXIV Character
    Kyata Rofii
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    AoE or conal WS (magical or otherwise) for RNG, please :(

  2. #162
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    490
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    I don't know if this has been said but I thing I would like to see is some sort of name change to the elemental/stat trials for example.

    Shamshir +2 (STR)
    Shamshir +2 (VIT) etc..

    People upgrade different stat weapons for different reasons and this would allow it to be easily macro'd instead of switching manually.

  3. #163
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,738
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Siren

    Quote Originally Posted by Roundelk View Post
    I don't know if this has been said but I thing I would like to see is some sort of name change to the elemental/stat trials for example.

    Shamshir +2 (STR)
    Shamshir +2 (VIT) etc..

    People upgrade different stat weapons for different reasons and this would allow it to be easily macro'd instead of switching manually.
    Hopefully when they're final at 90 or 99 they'll have completely unique names, and a semi-unique model. Or at least something that doesn't resemble a fucking birdhouse.

  4. #164
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    879
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyata View Post
    AoE or conal WS (magical or otherwise) for RNG, please
    Have PLD and RNG died comepletly in this game now? i mean, i hear plenty of PLD bitching, but RNGs are actually becoming rare.

    I find my self doing nothing but MNk tanking recently and our main PLD keeps whining about how he cant hold hate and he's in almost full AF3+2 seems it's just a damage thing abyssea wise, but i really don't understand RNG's role at all now unless it's blue procing, but even then...just wait till it's not in pericing lol.

  5. #165
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    75
    BG Level
    2
    FFXIV Character
    Kyata Rofii
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Well, of course if you're looking at it from a pure efficiency perspective, you'd have no reason to use anything other than MNK, DD/tank-wise, I agree >.> (Unless for !! procs, that is)

    I'd rank a Jishnuless RNG at the very bottom of the list, right next to DRK and perhaps SAM (sorry lol D:). But it really depends on how you gear and what you do with the job, I suppose.
    I've been having a blast solo/duo tanking on RNG with capped MDT and 47% PDT sets (working on better rings for the 50 cap), though there is a limit to how far I can go with it (Taru HP for one, 2.2k max with all Merits abyssites ._.)

    I won't claim to know how much better a Gandiva/Harrier RNG would be, as I'm still working on the weapon, but I'm sure a 4-8k WS would push the job up a few tiers :x
    I do have other (more efficient) jobs that I use when the situation calls for it, I know the job's limitations and I'm not closed minded about it, it's just for the fun of it when extremes aren't needed.

    Of course one thing we should hope for in the near future is more balance to the jobs (specially in Abyssea), as everyone and their grandmothers lvling MNK is getting silly imo, lol.
    (I <3 MNK really, I'd lvl it myself if it wasn't for r/e space constraint atm and having to get a whole new wardrobe of unshared gear).

  6. #166
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    692
    BG Level
    5

    I leveled my MNK but I happened to use my THF to tank most of my lowman pt.

    I like how my THF tanked and only issue is hate reset. Take a little longer (compare to MNK) to get hate back whole Accomplice/ Collab are down.

    It is still doing ok. Even co-tanking with 2 MNKs on Isgebind, I was tanking like 75% of the time...
    (in a shout party)

  7. #167
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,144
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Now that I've came back and got to experience Abyssea, I'd like to see the next expansion move out of it. I really enjoy Abyssea content and gear wise, but at the same time there's only so much I can play on God-Mode before it starts feeling silly. A full boxed expansion is what I'd like to see most as well as a way to ease the mid-level drought that exists now.

  8. #168
    Lostbane
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,052
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Quote Originally Posted by ArwynOfOdin View Post
    Dear SE,

    Please give Joachim and Horst a poison aura.

    Thank you.
    Or friends in Whitegate and all the main cities.

  9. #169
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    692
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    Or friends in Whitegate and all the main cities.
    That would make it harder to ppl do /sh pt

  10. #170
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    553
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    I'm all for the merger of old JSE gear. Too much gear was made obsolete.
    I'd love non-synergy Crafting to have an update. The only thing we got was that New Brygid Strikes Back quest for AF3 bodies making a bunch of things worth some money. The prices are plummeting on them now though too since the quest doesn't consume the item.

  11. #171
    RIDE ARMOR
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    17
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Pink chocobos!

  12. #172
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6
    BG Level
    0
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Abyssea has been a really great experience at growing everyone's e-peen to epic proportions. The capacity to grind a job from 30 to 90 in a couple days is really crazy, but it just means that more and more people grow incompetent with their new jobs, in regards to skill level at the very least. I'd like to see new equipment or a new effect that dramatically increases skill up rates to compensate for this. I know we have Martial Master, which may help well with weapon skill ups, but I've been playing samurai for over 6 years, and my parrying skill base level is still under 200. It's even more problematic when this "boost" to skill ups only happens for a week once every few months. I've tried on multiple attempts to skill guarding and parrying during martial master, and the best I ever get out of it is 0.5 - 1.5 levels every hour, when weapon skill ups increase at a much larger rate.

  13. #173
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    692
    BG Level
    5

    Kupo-martial master power doesn't help on defensive skills. (melee wise)

  14. #174
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    456
    BG Level
    4

    Then it's agreed; a way to increase defensive skill ups would be very helpful.

  15. #175
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,970
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    - Increase the number of raw synthesis materials available from NPC (ore, logs, etc).

    - Lower the cost of raw synthesis materials from NPC (on these last two, some materials are NEVER on AH... and some items are horribly over priced)

    - Lower the cost of vanilla armor/weapons from NPCs (some crappy gear goes for 50-200k per piece from NPC... this gear serves no use except to "fill a slot" when you can't equip anything useful there.

    - Remove "Ease of Exploration" from Kupowers. Make the NPC available 24/7 to anyone Rank 3 or higher. NPC service can be free during "Thrifty Transport".

    More rewards/benefits for achieving Rank 10 + Hero fame in a nation.

    - A bigger, multi-room mog house - that we can somewhat customize; give the players a few floorplans to chose from. Also a few choices on the floor/door/walls design.

    - Free chocobos, no AH fees, discounts from NPCs, free outpost warps.

  16. #176
    Banned.

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    376
    BG Level
    4

    I'll prolly be eviserated but is it really so much to ask for more exclusive endgame? Abyssea is nice but something for hardcore,dedicated people would be nice.
    Before it was HNMs and honestly, I'd rather not see things go back in the aery direction but maybe something that involves some sort of competiting where people
    cant/wont cheat. Small, reasonable competition is nice i think.

  17. #177
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,642
    BG Level
    9

    Asking for competition of limited resources and expecting people to not exploit some kind of edge will never happen. Hell, people aren't even civil enough in Abyssea when it comes to sharing forced spawns or at least respecting groups that were present first. And while I'm okay with throwing the hardcore a bone now and then, I don't think they should ever be the focus or sole source of good gear. If someone's really desperate for a challenge, they're more than free to forgo Atmas or Cruor Buffs.

  18. #178
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    692
    BG Level
    5

    Add in throwing weapon skills already please!

  19. #179
    But I don't want my title changed
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    6,486
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Quote Originally Posted by chichicha View Post
    Add in throwing weapon skills already please!
    Weren't they planing to then totally trashed the idea? Still sounds like a stupid idea.

  20. #180
    Blue Magic is Best Magic
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,215
    BG Level
    8

    Let Ninja's throw actual weapons!

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Do New FFXI Players Exist and Could Anything Renew Interest?
    By Gwynplaine in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 218
    Last Post: 2011-05-28, 23:30
  2. Female FFXI players needed for research study
    By ffxiResearch in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 2011-03-16, 01:29
  3. Armor enhancement for pets and how do they work?
    By Virothix in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 2008-07-11, 15:17
  4. FFXI Related question for Russta and other Rare/EX Junkies!
    By Hirronimus in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 2005-08-24, 14:56